New Kovy Update ("As the Kovy Turns")

DevsFan7545

• Replies 12.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gomez couldn't even find a Starbucks or Barnes & Noble in all of NJ. It's rough here.

Or is it just some made up poll that no other hardcore fan yet remembers having happened? laugh.gif

It might be the "survey" alluded to in this article: http://vueweekly-inthebox.blogspot.com/2007/04/i-dont-wanna-play-in-edmonton.html

Any new Reports? Or Reports on Reports? Basically, I'm reporting that I'm going through Reporting withdrawal here.

Until your report on reporting withdrawal is confirmed by TG, SD or Brooksie, I'm calling B.S.

I'm not surprised. NJ has always had the "armpit" affiliation. Sure there are some nice, clean places but let's be honest. The Newark area is a dump...get a little farther out and you have a bunch of suburbs. You have NYC sure...that's about it.

It's not really fair to just quickly skip over the "nice" places like that. The suburbs and other affluent areas are some of the best places in the country to live (Short Hills, Mendem, Alpine, etc...) And those places are big draws for athletes looking to settle down and raise a family.

Maybe this one, from March '07

http://www.hockeyfor...layer-poll.html

To what city would you least like to be traded

Buffalo - 16%

Edmonton - 11%

NY Islanders - 10%

"If somebody says it's not a nice city to be traded to, I would believe them before I played here. Now that I've been here six months, it's unbelievable for hockey and for life. My wife and I are very Happy." - Jaroslav Spacek

No mention of Newark in the top 3 at least.

Edited by jim777

The funny thing is that even though the Devs get poo-pooed on by the hockey media they seem to be only second to the Red Wings in having the most fans around the country just not the area where the team is based. I've run into mnay folks here in lol who are big Devils fans.

It's not really fair to just quickly skip over the "nice" places like that. The suburbs and other affluent areas are some of the best places in the country to live (Short Hills, Mendem, Alpine, etc...) And those places are big draws for athletes looking to settle down and raise a family.

Well yea, but you can really find affluent areas near almost any large city...so for me that wouldn't be a huge draw.

Gomez also had trouble finding a pick up truck to jump into in the morning when he was looking for work. How hard is it to hang sheet rock?

Zinnggggggg

Until your report on reporting withdrawal is confirmed by TG, SD or Brooksie, I'm calling B.S.

HA! How great would it be to actually have TG report: "CAD is going through Reporting Withdrawals. When asked for a comment, Lou Lamoriello looked perplexed, then muttered into his Panera lunch 'Everything is Status Quo and Don't worry about my Cap.' "

Gomez also had trouble finding a pick up truck to jump into in the morning when he was looking for work. How hard is it to hang sheet rock?

ultimate punishment for gomez; sign his ass to the devils, then trade him to phoenix. have fun showing your papers on the way to work a$$hole.

ultimate punishment for gomez; sign his ass to the devils, then trade him to phoenix. have fun showing your papers on the way to work a$hole.

He'll be one of the many marching in downtown Phoenix for better rights.

I'd love to be a cop on that day and lead the entire parade into the backs of vans.

Twitter:

EJHradek_ESPN When asked if he thought Kovalchuk wanted to be a Devil, Lamoriello thought for a moment before saying, "I have nothing to add." Hmmm.

Lou was just busy pondering a spot to dump the bodies after everyone asking about Kovy goes missing or has an accident of some sort.

You're something else huh?

Eh take what I say with a grain of salt. Usually my political views are the opposite of what I actually say to people.

Most of the times things I say are just to get people to say "uhhh...what?"