New Kovy Update ("As the Kovy Turns")

DevsFan7545

Well yea, but you can really find affluent areas near almost any large city...so for me that wouldn't be a huge draw.

Short Hills, Livingston and West Orange are all 15-20 minute drives into the city or a 40 minute train ride. From Alpine your ride is about a 30 minute drive.

• Replies 12.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good deals are never good for the Devils and their fans when Los Angeles is involved.

I traded my game worn 96 Avs Lemieux and 93 Nieuwendyk Flames jerseys to my friend in LA for a Ducks Pahlsson, Habs Komisarek, Sabres Zubrus and Kings Vishnovsky. Guess who got the good deal on that one. I did get 450 for the Zubrus though.

Short Hills, Livingston and West Orange are all 15-20 minute drives into the city or a 40 minute train ride. From Alpine your ride is about a 30 minute drive.

Bloomfield Hills is about 20 miles from Detroit. Same situation really. sh!tty city. Nice suburbs. I still think this applies to virtually all larger cities where you have affluent people working and commuting.

That does sound pretty suspicious. Something tells me there is something going on behind the scenes with Grossman and Lou.

No it doesn't. We don't know if Hradek is over-exagggerating, what Lou's tone was when he said "I have nothing to add," and he could have paused for any number of reasons.

That said, Kovy wants to be a King. Nothing from that quote backs that up though.

Eh take what I say with a grain of salt. Usually my political views are the opposite of what I actually say to people.

Most of the times things I say are just to get people to say "uhhh...what?"

Maybe you can get one of your fellow countrymen to say "uhhh....what?".

I'm not one of those.

I don't give a $hit if people agree or disagree with whatever law, I do care about comments that are degrading towards people (whoever or wherever they may be from)

Bloomfield Hills is about 20 miles from Detroit. Same situation really. sh!tty city. Nice suburbs. I still think this applies to virtually all larger cities where you have affluent people working and commuting.

The point stands though that Devils players have loved living in the New Jersey suburbs. Just look how many former players still do.

I'm not one of those.

I don't give a $hit if people agree or disagree with whatever law, I do care about comments that are degrading towards people (whoever or wherever they may be from)

So then go search the past history of this board and call out everyone who's said something remotely racial about Gomez.

You know how many BS Italian garbage I have to deal with? Especially going to college in the middle of Pennsylvania when I was pegged for being in the mob and killing people and being dirty and blah blah blah because I'm an Italian from Jersey?

The world's not as politically correct as it should be. I deal with it by making jokes. Because at the end of the day, if you can't laugh... then you have no idea what life is all about my friend.

The point stands though that Devils players have loved living in the New Jersey suburbs. Just look how many former players still do.

Sure. I agree with you there. I was just saying that it wouldn't be the main reason to go to NJ over LA just because I am POSITIVE you can find affluent suburbs outside of LA. :)

I'd pick NJ because who knows how long until California sinks into the Pacific anyways.

I'm not one of those.

Is it too late for me to volunteer for gathering-up-people into the back of vans duty? :P If the spots are all filled, I could be a van driver.

Is that the suburb where Nik Lidstrom lives?

There are some really REALLY nice suburbs outside of Detroit for sure.

Is that the suburb where Nik Lidstrom lives?

There are some really REALLY nice suburbs outside of Detroit for sure.

Yzerman and Chelios and a whole bunch of other way too rich people...i'm sure other Wings live in that area but i'm a Devs fan so I don't really care. :)

Sure. I agree with you there. I was just saying that it wouldn't be the main reason to go to NJ over LA just because I am POSITIVE you can find affluent suburbs outside of LA. :)

I'd pick NJ because who knows how long until California sinks into the Pacific anyways.

Oh no doubt outside of LA is a popular choice for Kings players, as from what I hear (and I am ignorant on LA but I have heard) LA is not a good place to raise a family. However, I would assume the education level is a lot higher in the NJ suburbs than the LA suburbs.

Yzerman and Chelios and a whole bunch of other way too rich people...i'm sure other Wings live in that area but i'm a Devs fan so I don't really care. :)

It's about time Chelios moved to Florida.

So then go search the past history of this board and call out everyone who's said something remotely racial about Gomez.

You know how many BS Italian garbage I have to deal with? Especially going to college in the middle of Pennsylvania when I was pegged for being in the mob and killing people and being dirty and blah blah blah because I'm an Italian from Jersey?

The world's not as politically correct as it should be. I deal with it by making jokes. Because at the end of the day, if you can't laugh... then you have no idea what life is all about my friend.

I don't have to go hunting for racial comments.

Are you a comedian I don't know about??

I don't have to go hunting for racial comments.

Are you a comedian I don't know about??

Nah. Just someone that has learned in the last year or two that if everyone wasn't such a hard ass around here (meaning the world), the world would be a happier place.

Edited by njdevil26

I'm not surprised. NJ has always had the "armpit" affiliation. Sure there are some nice, clean places but let's be honest. The Newark area is a dump...get a little farther out and you have a bunch of suburbs. You have NYC sure...that's about it.

Thats about it? I grew up in E Rutherford and living a stones throw away from NYC was the best, I moved to south florida to take care a relative, I miss home I miss going down the shore and god i miss taylor ham and cheese on a fresh bagel... I miss Home! :(