New Kovy Update ("As the Kovy Turns")

DevsFan7545

• Replies 12.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So very true. I honestly don't care anymore. It's a shame too...if he had signed somewhere, uh, weeks ago...it would've been so exciting (or disappointing). Now it's just like...an annoying chore, having to check everyday if he has finally made up his mind

The amount of time it's taking doesn't bother me. It's the inevitable decision that's coming that bothers me.

I don't think Kovy is that important to the team itself, but he would have helped change our reputation. Everyone knows Marty is the face of the org right now. When Marty leaves they need a serious offensive powerhouse to become the face of the team. Zach has the potential, but who knows if he even wants to stay? And I think Zach and Travis need someone better on the right to help put up more points.

So far it seems the "sources" to the kings almost having a deal in place are the NY post and Ecklund. So again just more speculation I guess... but who knows. Just want him to sign already like everyone else. I almost do not want him on the Devils, he is obviously all about the money.

So far it seems the "sources" to the kings almost having a deal in place are the NY post and Ecklund. So again just more speculation I guess... but who knows. Just want him to sign already like everyone else. I almost do not want him on the Devils, he is obviously all about the money.

I hear Kovy is going to step on the ice to Shane McMahon's old entrance music.

To specifically address devlman's points, I disagree with him (and agree with Iggy) that we "one-up them" in winning (they're probably just as close to a Cup as we are), I think the lifestyle and location issues are a wash, and we don't know for a fact that Lou ever offered more money and/or years than LA did, all we have are rumors.

In response to this and others from Insanity et al....I am going under the numbers the Post reported we offered, and the numbers the various media are projecting out of LA. I think you can say LA and NJ are equal across the board (i retain my stance on us having the better team now and in the future), but the point i was making with his wife is that she has the resources she wants for her crappy music career here. So, if everything else is equal, and we offer more money, then its a head-scratcher why theyd pick LA. Then again, as was mentioned, maybe they prefer that laid-back lifestyle.

The amount of time it's taking doesn't bother me. It's the inevitable decision that's coming that bothers me.

I don't think Kovy is that important to the team itself, but he would have helped change our reputation. Everyone knows Marty is the face of the org right now. When Marty leaves they need a serious offensive powerhouse to become the face of the team. Zach has the potential, but who knows if he even wants to stay? And I think Zach and Travis need someone better on the right to help put up more points.

We may not know if Zach wants to stay (I don't see why not) but Kovy CLEARLY does not want to be here.

We may not know if Zach wants to stay (I don't see why not) but Kovy CLEARLY does not want to be here.

As someone said before (at this point, what HASN'T already been said), but it's clear that NJ isn't his first choice. I wouldn't say he doesn't want to be here.

I don't agree with that.

NJ may or may not not be his first choice, but they're obviously at least his second choice unless he's just using Lou to get what he wants from Dean. But he could also be using Dean to get what he wants from Lou.

Kovy's decision is between LA and NJ. I think that means part of him wants to be here.

I don't agree with that.

NJ may or may not not be his first choice, but they're obviously at least his second choice unless he's just using Lou to get what he wants from Dean. But he could also be using Dean to get what he wants from Lou.

Kovy's decision is between LA and NJ. I think that means part of him wants to be here.

Yeah, but those are the only 2 teams that appear to be in it. In that case, second place is also last place.

I don't agree with that.

If Lou begins negotiations with Zach early enough, I don't think it matters if the Devils are necessarily at the top of his list. Unrestricted free agency is two years away, so from his standpoint, unless he absolutely hates playing for the Devils, a bird in the hand yada, yada, yada. As I keep saying though, the goal has to be to get a deal wrapped up before the end of this season.

Yeah, but those are the only 2 teams that appear to be in it. In that case, second place is also last place.

We really don't know how many teams were in it. We've heard rumors of the Islanders, Rangers, Sharks, Leafs, KHL, even Philly going after him.

If Lou begins negotiations with Zach early enough, I don't think it matters if the Devils are necessarily at the top of his list. Unrestricted free agency is two years away, so from his standpoint, unless he absolutely hates playing for the Devils, a bird in the hand yada, yada, yada. As I keep saying though, the goal has to be to get a deal wrapped up before the end of this season.

I think the second Kovy signs with LA Lou should lock up Zach long term.

So will his 'decision' be anounced from the Mean Streets of Greenwich?

Joe

Can Dustin Brown, Koptiar and Drew Doughty be like Pete Gas, Joey Abs and Rodney from the old Mean Street Posse from Greenwich with Kovy being Shane and leading the way?

I think the second Kovy signs with LA Lou should lock up Zach long term.

Agreed.

What's travis' contract status? I know he resigned last year, but was it a 2-3 year deal?

Edited by Devsfan118

Agreed.

What's travis' contract status? I know he resigned last year, but was it a 2-3 year deal?

I think cap geek had it to 2013.

Right now our longest contract is Voly's and it goes to 2016. The rest end in 2013 or before.

http://www.capgeek.com/cap_calculator.php?Team=20

Edit that: Tallinder's contact goes to 2014, but the rest are due to end by 2013.

Edited by Jerzey Devil