New Kovy Update ("As the Kovy Turns")

DevsFan7545

I think cap geek had it to 2013.

Right now our longest contract is Voly's and it goes to 2016. The rest end in 2013 or before.

http://www.capgeek.com/cap_calculator.php?Team=20

Edit that: Tallinder's contact goes to 2014, but the rest are due to end by 2013.

Interesting...I'd really like to see Zach & Travis on matching (in years, not salary) long term contracts within the near future. Because if the popular trend continues, and one (or worst case scenario, both) leave in their first chance at UFA status...the devils are screwed

• Replies 12.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting...I'd really like to see Zach & Travis on matching (in years, not salary) long term contracts within the near future. Because if the popular trend continues, and one (or worst case scenario, both) leave in their first chance at UFA status...the devils are screwed

Yeah screw this world will end in 2012 crap, I'm worried about 2013.

Kovy's decision is between LA and NJ. I think that means part of him wants to be here.

Not really, there's a difference between "Part of me wants to be there" and "It wouldn't kill me to be there". One is want, the other ambivalence.

I agree 100%. Lou's contract should be in front of Parise before Kovy's signature has dried in LA. No need to mess around with this stuff.

The Devils "TO DO" list for the next 7-10 days:

1. Check to see if Kovalchuk signs with LA. If yes, say "whew" and move on with a smile on your face.

2. Check if Johnny Mac detects any remnants of sour attitudes from last season. If so, go to the drawing board, and make creative decisions.

3. If the "sour attitudes" prevail from the likes of Langenbrunner, Rolston, etc., find suitable takers for them.

4. If Lou can find the spark, perhaps move those characters to acquire guys the likes of Kaberle, LeCavalier, Spezza, etc.

5. Or, just throw your hands up and say "let's hope we're not as bad as the Nets this year"...

Not really, there's a difference between "Part of me wants to be there" and "It wouldn't kill me to be there". One is want, the other ambivalence.

I'd still take an indifferent kovy. Let him grow to love the organization. One would hope the 'winning' mentality is contagious, and he'd learn to appreciate what the devils have going on.

What's with Russian ladies and singing careers? Apparently Mel Gibson's Russian lady-friend wants a singing career too. Is there a big market for slavic singers?

This country has a market as vast as the universe for talentless female pop singers as long as they're hot. If these ladies look anything like Anna Kournikova, their first records will go Gold before a song is even recorded.

The Devils "TO DO" list for the next 7-10 days:

1. Check to see if Kovalchuk signs with LA. If yes, say "whew" and move on with a smile on your face.

2. Check if Johnny Mac detects any remnants of sour attitudes from last season. If so, go to the drawing board, and make creative decisions.

3. If the "sour attitudes" prevail from the likes of Langenbrunner, Rolston, etc., find suitable takers for them.

4. If Lou can find the spark, perhaps move those characters to acquire guys the likes of Kaberle, LeCavalier, Spezza, etc.

5. Or, just throw your hands up and say "let's hope we're not as bad as the Nets this year"...

LeCavalier probably ain't gonna leave Tampa and Spezza is too mucho much!

This country has a market as vast as the universe for talentless female pop singers as long as they're hot. If these ladies look anything like Anna Kournikova, their first records will go Gold before a song is even recorded.

I saw her (Kournikova) last Saturday night on The Graham Norton Show on BBC America (fantastic show BTW), and she is as dumb as a clump of dirt. And not that good dirt you can buy in 1 pound bags in supermarkets either, the crappy little league outfield kind.

LeCavalier probably ain't gonna leave Tampa and Spezza is too mucho much!

The Sens think Gonchar makes Spezza a 100-110 point player, that's one of the main reasons they got Gonchar. Spezza isn't leaving Ottawa anytime soon.

Edited by jim777

I saw her (Kournikova) last Saturday night on The Graham Norton Show on BBC America (fantastic show BTW), and she is as dumb as a clump of dirt. And not that good dirt you can buy in 1 pound bags in supermarkets either, the crappy little league outfield kind.

But she's hot. And plays(played) tennis. So she's obviously excused.

The Sens think Gonchar makes Spezza a 100-110 pont player, that's one of the main reasons they got Gonchar. Spezza isn't leaving Ottawa anytime soon.

Wasn't spezza being shopped earlier this offseason? Or was that just another quality unsubstantiated HF boards rumor?

I don't see how Gonchar will increase Spezza's production. He's not a crash-the-net, deflect shots kind of center. He was shopped but I think his stock went down considerably last year especially since he only managed to play 60 games.

On the other hand we can always use more Italian guys on the Devils.

But she's hot. And plays(played) tennis. So she's obviously excused.

Wasn't spezza being shopped earlier this offseason? Or was that just another quality unsubstantiated HF boards rumor?

I don't know, but I remember the Sens GM excitedly talking about Gonchar and Spezza on one of those short NHL.com vids after the signing.

I don't see how Gonchar will increase Spezza's production. He's not a crash-the-net, deflect shots kind of center.

To be honest though, not many defenseman are. :)

On the other hand we can always use more Italian guys on the Devils.

QFT

I'm talking about Spezza crashing the net. When the GM talks about Gonchar increasing Spezza's point production I see Gonchar doing that by firing shots(on the powerplay) from the blueline with Spezza deflecting the shot. I don't see Spezza being a true center by setting up a lot of goals for others. He's not a Joe Thornton type center.

He is gone already in my eyes, we should move to next

The Devils have never gotten the respect they deserve, and I like it that way.

We have always been an underdog no one gives us a chance and some how through all the negativity

still end up winning. Keep Kovy we need hunger not money hungry. IMO

He is gone already in my eyes, we should move to next

The Devils have never gotten the respect they deserve, and I like it that way.

We have always been an underdog no one gives us a chance and some how through all the negativity

still end up winning. Keep Kovy we need hunger not money hungry. IMO

You know what'd be simply EPIC?

If, after all this time, and now that (nearly) everyone (including myself) believes he's as good as gone, he turns around and signs here. Doubtful..but boy, I'm pretty sure this thread & forum would explode.

Don't stop believing friends :evil:

Edited by Devsfan118

You know what'd be simply EPIC?

If, after all this time, and now that (nearly) everyone (including myself) believes he's as good as gone, he comes out and signs here. Doubtful..but boy, I'm pretty sure this thread & forum would explode.

Id be pissed, He is fun to watch but so is the circus,,in a twisted kind of way :rolleyes:

after all the great posts here I have realized what a non team plater type he is, yes he will put people in seats but I would much rather have cups.. IMO