New Kovy Update ("As the Kovy Turns")

DevsFan7545

• Replies 12.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At the risk of sounding too PK, maybe the situation was that Kovy really wanted to be in NJ, but Nicole keeps going "but Ilya, I want to be in LAAAAAAAAA". Finally he just went all Ari Gold and turned the car around right back to NJ.

Edited by David Puddy

Can we finally put the "No one wants to play in NJ" notion to rest now?

First Arnott WANTS to come back

Then Kovy CHOOSES to stay here over LA

It won't matter, give it a year or two and the next free agent that leaves NJ will once again prove 100% how horrible it is to be in NJ.

PURE SPECULATION FROM ME ON THIS ONE BUT:

What if tomorrow, Lou not only announces the Kovy deal and trades that frees up beyond enough space for Kovy, but also we notice Parise there too... and we find out he signed an extension that mirrors Kovy, thus avoiding drama next summer and locking BOTH up long term?

Beyond wishful thinking

The anatomy of an Єklund (2.3% accurate) e5 rumor....

@NHLDevils HE'S BACK: Ilya Kovalchuk signs with the Devils. Press conference scheduled for Tuesday at the Rock. 42 minutes ago via TweetDeck

Devils have re-signed Ilya Kovalchuk: The Devils have confirmed that they have re-signed left wing Ilya Kovalchuk.... http://bit.ly/9BXMBy 38 minutes ago via twitterfeed

@PuckAgency Ilya Kovalchuk signs with New Jersey Devils: http://bit.ly/aphT8h 33 minutes ago via TweetDeck

@Єklund (2.3% accurate) Confirmation. Kings are definitely out of Kovalchuk sweeps... He came back with a big NO. Gagne for Justin Williams looks very possible. 28 minutes ago via Osfoora HD

NICE JOB ASSCLOWN, YOU REALLY NAILED THAT ONE!

Edited by David Puddy

At the risk of sounding too PK, maybe the situation was that Kovy really wanted to be in NJ, but Nicole keeps going "but Ilya, I want to be in LAAAAAAAAA". Finally he just went all Ari Gold and turned the car around right back to NJ.

yeah that

1. Cant wait to see the trades to come

2. Lock-up Parise long-term ASAP

3. I dont get the 'Kovy is selfish and one-dimensional' drivel you see on other forums. Then again, those same forums still say we trap and play a defensive system and that Parise is as good as gone....Anyone who saw our time with Kovy wouldve seen a very un-selfish player who worked his ass off and looked like he cared about winning more than any other player on the team.