New Kovy Update ("As the Kovy Turns")

DevsFan7545

• Replies 12.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kovalchuk has the big brass ones.

It's easy for Lou to put it out there and wait. He took care of what needed to be taken care of with the defence... waiting for Kovaluchuk was pretty easy I'd imagine.

Kovalchuk though, to me, that took some gonads. I can hear all my friends saying in their accents "He's Russian - what did you expect?" :noclue: I expected him to walk away like Mogilny - to not be committed in any real way - to have other priorities more important than the game of hockey.

I am nonplussed. Even Stevens didn't have had a set like this :evil: (what's that I hear? whining? "But the team stunk! it was a TOTALLY different situation!" -- yeah yeah :blahblah: keep talking Cap'n)

Okay, so he's another weird coincidence:

If the deal is as being speculated: 17 years, 100 mil. thats an annual cap hit of about $5.9mil per year

A few days ago, i'm playing NHL 10, be a GM, and i resigned Kovy for 6 years, at just about $5.4 per.

I was off by a mere $500k

Okay, so he's another weird coincidence:

If the deal is as being speculated: 17 years, 100 mil. thats an annual cap hit of about $5.9mil per year

A few days ago, i'm playing NHL 10, be a GM, and i resigned Kovy for 6 years, at just about $5.4 per.

I was off by a mere $500k

...and 11 years :lol:

Thank you Kovy for keeping us entertained for the last two weeks during what are normally the dark days of summer here. We're usually lucky to get a two page thread this time of year. Damn you for making me re-consider getting a ticket plan this season.

Lou was telling the truth when he said he's was going to improve this team after the playoffs

Arnott

Tallinder

Volchenkov

Hedburg

Kovalchuk

Plus since so many center were resigned before the FA market opened the Arnott trade was a great one. Good job Lou, In Lou We Trust :koolaid:

Edited by Par99

Love this post from the Kings HF board:

If the difference is two million a season and you are going to a franchise with a PROVEN GM and a team that has won Cups, well, it doesn't make him look like an asshat or a greedy SOB.

Fact of the matter is LA hasn't done ****. Ever. That continues today.

The guy has earned a pay day and while we think LA was the best option, you don't know what LL has told him or what LL has up his sleeve.

Whatever it is, it's better than what DL has coming. The master schooled the pupil on this one.

Thank you Kovy for keeping us entertained for the last two weeks during what are normally the dark days of summer here. We're usually lucky to get a two page thread this time of year. Damn you for making me re-consider getting a ticket plan this season.

no way can i afford a ticket plan, but you bet i'll be making it to the rock more than once this season. [that and being here and not in buffalo kinda helps that]

Lou was telling the truth when he said he's was going to improve this team after the playoffs

Arnott

Tallinder

Volchenkov

Hedburg

Kovalchuk

Plus since so many center were resigned before the FA market opened the Arnott trade was a great one. Good job Lou, In Lou We Trust :koolaid:

Move Rolston or Langnbrunner [preferably grandpa] and i'll down the kool-aid

for now, i'm beyond psyched about the moves he's done

So Rolston's contract is a must go. I still think Clarkson could go even though Lou just signed him. I think Zubrus should stay and play with Kovy although he is more than likely gone with his salary. A Salvador and/or Motteau are probably gone. Really hope (and don't think) Elias goes because of this.

Still hoping Lou can get Kaberle somehow.

I'm willing to take the occasional mistake for all the excitement he brings. And sorry but I can only imagine Manta in his room crying in his Clarkson PJs. :giggle: (joking obviously)

yeah if he can net a power play goal and an even strength one for ever blunder that leads to a goal, i'll be fine with it