New Kovy Update ("As the Kovy Turns")

DevsFan7545

• Replies 12.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How about lets hope he stays alive for the next 40-50 years, gains Scott Stevens type status, retires a Devil, becomes a NJD legend, comes back to coach the team, and wins about 3 or 4 more Stanley Cups?

I like that better

THAT'S THE ATTITUDE!!!

DRINK THE KOVY-AID!!!! koolaid.gif

Kov-Aid maybe?? unsure.gif I think I like the sound of that better. smilydev.gif

I have to admit they played it out well. I wonder were Hollywood is to talk about AEG and how big the pull of the Kings are!

Anyway for the money I like the deal I have changed my tune after listening to that conference and seeing part of the team I am just dying for some Hockey Go Devils 2011

Here's why... I say Dean Lombardi's days are number in LA. He was thrown outta of San Jose and it appears he still doesn't know how to be an NHL GM.

hradek_ej_55_normal.jpg EJHradek_ESPN A source with ties to Kovalchuk says Ilya felt more comfortable with NJ GM Lamoriello than he was with LA GM Lombardi. It made a difference.

Edited by HOLLYWOOD

Reading articles about both the GMs and players, I am starting to think Kovy was attracted to the fact that NJ is a much more mature organization with more mature players. Compare the elder statesman in LA to the elder statesman in NJ... huge difference.

If anything Sean Gavery will be seeing a lot more of Kovy now that they're in the same division. And those two don't get along. Hope Sean likes the taste of fist and ice if he wants to start something this coming year. :giggle:

Here's why... I say Dean Lombardi's days are number in LA. He was thrown outta of San Jose and it appears he still doesn't know how to be an NHL GM.

hradek_ej_55_normal.jpg EJHradek_ESPN A source with ties to Kovalchuk says Ilya felt more comfortable with NJ GM Lamoriello than he was with LA GM Lombardi. It made a difference.

he's not getting fired, they're one of the best young teams in the league thanks to him

Hey I lost a post I was going to quote here...

(how'd I do for useless space take post, eh? eh???? :uni: )

All guests log in - register and just say hello why dont you all?

but seriously -- I would like to know how many different posters took part in this thread -- not us psycho blabber mouths..

Hey, speaking of which, too bad Derek didn't post here... back in the day he couldnt have left this alone!

:blahblah: Even "I" posted for a change hehe So this MUST be a big deal :cheers:

I think Kovy genuinly wanted to be here. After watching the press conference he seemed comfortable. He was cracking jokes and looking over at the players laughing. I understand his point of taking his time it was a 17 year deal. He had to be 100 percent sure that he wanted to be comitted to a team that long. So on the 17th day of july number 17 chose a 17 year contract to wear number 17 for the next 17 years

Edited by lilgriffey84