New Kovy Update ("As the Kovy Turns")

DevsFan7545

...What?

Edit: $10 says it's not legit. Or, they 'rejected' it, but Lou has this settled before anyone wakes up tomorrow. It'd be a joke for the NHL to not step in somehow..but so help me god, if they actually mess this up...

Edited by Devsfan118

• Replies 12.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I fully expect the Devils to take the NHL to arbitration/court over this.. and win.

You can't veto a contract ex post facto based on a rule that has.. yet to be created.

wow this sucks, i hope this doesn't affect too much. Anyone have any insight as to what this could mean as far as him being a devil? Would they just restructure it or is it possible that he sign elsewhere now?

edit: Per TG "TGfireandice

I can confirm, via a source, that Kovalchuk contract has been rejected

less than a minute ago via web"

Edited by goalieguy87

it's not the same thing. kovalchuk's deal goes longer than anyone else's.

Unless the NHL has evidence that Kovy does not plan to play out his deal, the contract is legit.

Playing at age 44 (especiallly a player of Ilya's skill level) is not unheard of.

it's not the same thing. kovalchuk's deal goes longer than anyone else's.

The length of the contract isn't what is in question, I would say its the age at which they are when the contract ends. How old is Hossa when his contract is up?

Edited by Jas0nMacIsaac

Unless the NHL has evidence that Kovy does not plan to play out his deal, the contract is legit.

Playing at age 44 (especiallly a player of Ilya's skill level) is not unheard of.

it is exceptionally rare. as far as i know the only players who have played at age 44 are howe and chelios.

the nhl would have to allow a 15 year deal, though, which at 102 million would put kovalchuk's cap hit at 6.8.