New Kovy Update ("As the Kovy Turns")

DevsFan7545

• Replies 12.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

whatever gets this mess sorted out and Kovy ready to go by the start of the season is fine by me. Would suck if this gets dragged out and he only comes in halfway through.

I don't think there's any chance that'll happen. Somebody will step in or aside to prevent that. The league will look like a huge joke...oh wait

I think Crosby will eventually grow a pair, or at least be able to succesfully fake it. When Mario was playing he didn't whine a single time, and Gretzky was twice the cry baby Crosby is now back in the day. Crosby will toughen up in the future, I'm certain of that.

I tend to remember it just the opposite. I appreciated Gretzky even more because Mario complained about each and every thing. Especially in the playoffs when he was mugging Johnny Mac and got away with it while if any devil sneezed his way they would get called.

Just my biased opinion though.

Joe

I'm not sure I understand the logic of taking this long to challenge the NHLs decision, if the NHLPA is so sure they followed the CBA then why take your time to file the grievance? Is there a advantage to this? I thought for sure they would have filed by Friday . Or is the NHLPA doing their own investigation to make sure this is a sure thing?

Lou has so much on his plate, Frasier on the 30th getting below the cap, I would bet Lou just wants this behind him already.

I'm not sure I understand the logic of taking this long to challenge the NHLs decision, if the NHLPA is so sure they followed the CBA then why take your time to file the grievance? Is there a advantage to this? I thought for sure they would have filed by Friday . Or is the NHLPA doing their own investigation to make sure this is a sure thing?

Lou has so much on his plate, Frasier on the 30th getting below the cap, I would bet Lou just wants this behind him already.

There's really no advantage either way that I can see, and I wouldn't read too much into it. I would fully expect the NHLPA to take as much time as it can to prepare a case and weigh all of its options.

Still, it's annoying from a fan's point of view.

There's really no advantage either way that I can see, and I wouldn't read too much into it. I would fully expect the NHLPA to take as much time as it can to prepare a case and weigh all of its options.

Still, it's annoying from a fan's point of view.

IMO a quick resolution or even filling a grievance would have shown a sign of the NHLPA being sure there has been no CBA violation it also would help the Devils in regards to trades and reducing the cap, they are saying that it could take some time to agree on a arbitrator since there is none in place and both sides need to agree.

Unless they have another contract already to go then I could see the let's make them sweat mentality.

As a fan I believe this is a done deal but then again with all the turns on this roller coaster ride named Kovy who knows!

Edited by Devs1965

IMO a quick resolution or even filling a grievance would have shown a sign of the NHLPA being sure there has been no CBA violation it also would help the Devils in regards to trades and reducing the cap, they are saying that it could take some time to agree on a arbitrator since there is none in place and both sides need to agree.

Unless they have another contract already to go then I could see the let's make them sweat mentality.

As a fan I believe this is a done deal but then again with all the turns on this roller coaster ride named Kovy who knows!

the NHLPA filing a quick grievance doesnt mean anything. in terms of everything that is stated black & white in the CBA, this contract violates NOTHING.

however, its the vague (key word) "circumvention" clause that is probably why the PA is taking their 5 days.

the Devils are allowed to make trades and sign other players during this time. i also think Kovalchuk wants to be a Devil, regardless of whether he gets this particular contract.

I could be wrong since I was young but wasn't he one of the original spokesmen of anti-clutching/grabbing? I remember him bitching every time someone played defense.

I think his complaintrs were more that Gretzky got very preferential treatment from the refs and he didn't. I know a lot of Québécois thought it was because he was French, but Gretzky whined non-stop and did receive preferential treatment. A lot of it is simply reputation though as well - if someone calls you a crybaby once it will last forever.

Edited by jim777

wow, no bias there. all the fans of teams that wish they could have him. they're voting with jealousy. and if this goes through, they'll be talking about it all season. Every time we play an away game, it'll come up in an interview. :rolleyes:

in the immortal words on the new bud light commercials: "HERE WEEEE GOOOO!"

well if he is serious about being a devil, and wants to prove it's not for the money -at least not totally- then it'd be in his best interest to be prepared to accept a smaller sum, should it come to that. we'd then have proof that he was serious when he said "this is team".

All I'm saying is, this better be official before the Ice Jerseys Summer Sale is over. I want to get my Kovy jersey!

Bettman, not only are you pissing me off, but you are now costing me money...Sh-thead.

Edited by mmajeski06