New Kovy Update ("As the Kovy Turns")

DevsFan7545

• Replies 12.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i really don't know what you guys are arguing anymore

Well, of course, their requests for subsidies was not Paraguayan in and of it is as it were the United States government would never have if the president, our president, had not and as far as I know that's the way it will always be. Is that clear?

i really don't know what you guys are arguing anymore

Who is arguing?

I would just like to know if the grounds for the rejection allows the arbitrator to conform the contract to the CBA. Daniel seems sure that he doesn't have that power and I think he might.

Contracts was my worst class in law school.

Provision C in 11.6.a.i may apply under your reading. However, I still haven't found anything that shows the NHL rejected the contract under that provision.

You're right, the league hasn't said anything specifically, but it's a logical deduction. Unless there is something really nefarious going on that we don't know about, it's absolutely clear that the league is upset about front-loading and excessive term of the deal. The league can only argue that the purpose is to artificially lower the cap hit, which to my mind comes under circumvention of the cap.

Tri, as to what we're arguing about, I said the hockeynews claim that a provision of the CBA allows the arbitrator to write a new deal does not apply here. I don't know if pattyelias still believes I am wrong.

Who is arguing?

I would just like to know if the grounds for the rejection allows the arbitrator to conform the contract to the CBA. Daniel seems sure that he doesn't have that power and I think he might.

Everyone here is arguing their points. I think that constitutes an argument - a civilized one. Of course, now we'll be arguing about what an argumet is. Oh geez, I've only made this worse. :noclue:

Well, of course, their requests for subsidies was not Paraguayan in and of it is as it were the United States government would never have if the president, our president, had not and as far as I know that's the way it will always be. Is that clear?

Puhlease, there aren't any Paraguayan's here.

You're right, the league hasn't said anything specifically, but it's a logical deduction. Unless there is something really nefarious going on that we don't know about, it's absolutely clear that the league is upset about front-loading and excessive term of the deal. The league can only argue that the purpose is to artificially lower the cap hit, which to my mind comes under circumvention of the cap.

Tri, as to what we're arguing about, I said the hockeynews claim that a provision of the CBA allows the arbitrator to write a new deal does not apply here. I don't know if pattyelias still believes I am wrong.

Daniel, your argument makes sense to me but so does the hockey news. I can see the NHL being pissed about front loaded deals but still taking the 11.6.a.ii route. We'll find out soon enough who is right.

Everyone here is arguing their points. I think that constitutes an argument - a civilized one. Of course, now we'll be arguing about what an argumet is. Oh geez, I've only made this worse. :noclue:

Some more Ninja girl could certainly ease the tension around here.

Humorous interlude. http://www.ruthlessreviews.com/2012/larp/

Edited by pattyelias

It really would have helped the situation if the NHL had said "we're rejecting this contract because....." and simply came out with it. I think the answer would have been "because it REALLY pissed off Bettman", but that doesn't make for "good of the league" press, and points him out as the capricious dope he is. Just sayin'

Thank you Chevy Chase.

well yeah seeing how they couldn't beat us once last year. giggle.gif still have the throwback jersey game highlights on my computer and the big late comeback vs. the leafs

That March 17th game was awesome :) My son still says it was the best day of his life (all 8 years LOL)

It really would have helped the situation if the NHL had said "we're rejecting this contract because....." and simply came out with it. I think the answer would have been "because it REALLY pissed off Bettman", but that doesn't make for "good of the league" press, and points him out as the capricious dope he is. Just sayin'

If the NHL had gotten specific, they would have had a much harder time winning. With their general rejection, they can now attack from many angles.

If the NHL had gotten specific, they would have had a much harder time winning. With their general rejection, they can now attack from many angles.

Barring some unknown development, we all know why the NHL rejected the contract. What particular provision(s) of the CBA the league will rely on, really doesn't matter except for what the remedy is. Even that is probably academic, since, even if it is true that the league has the power to penalize the team beyond simply voiding the contract, not even the NHL fron office is dumb enough to not get how much of a disaster punitive action would be.

Won't the NHL have to present a case to the arbitrator that cites specific clauses of the CBA?

Yes, of course. However, unless they have to, lawyers (who you know have crafted the statements from all parties) don't tip their hands, because you don't want to lock yourself in to a particular position before the hearing.

Edited by Daniel

Yes, of course. However, unless they have to, lawyers (who you know have crafted the statements from all parties) don't tip their hands, because you don't want to lock yourself in to a particular position before the hearing.

The do have to tip their hands so to speak.

(e) Upon rejection of an SPC or an Offer Sheet, or a subsequent challenge and

de-registration by the League of a previously approved and registered SPC, the League

shall send a written notice as to the specific reasons therefor to the Club (both the Prior

Club and the signing Club in the case of an Offer Sheet), the Player and his Certified

Agent, if any, and the NHLPA, via facsimile and e-mail. In the event that the League

sends written notice of the rejection, or the challenge and/or de-registration, as the case

may be, of an SPC or an Offer Sheet during the period commencing after 5:00 p.m. New

York time on a Friday and ending 9:00 a.m. New York time on a Monday or on any

Canadian national holiday, the League shall also so inform the NHLPA by message left

on a telephonic hotline established and maintained by the NHLPA.

That March 17th game was awesome :) My son still says it was the best day of his life (all 8 years LOL)

The March 17the game was amazing. Watched it at a bar in Kent, OH surrounded by Pens fans. It was great. I was going nuts for the Devils, and the Cleveland fans were taking delight in watching the Pittsburgh fans suffer.

Edited by mmajeski06