New Kovy Update ("As the Kovy Turns")

DevsFan7545

• Replies 12.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TG was making the point that the 48 hours to render a decision was 48 business hours, so if the hearing ends tomorrow it's conceivable a decision would have to wait until Monday. If the hearing somehow ends by 5 PM today then we'd have to hear something by Friday.

Bettman... BOOOOOOOO

Edited by Devildude

Monday????

WTF?!

I realy think we have waited long enough, there is no reason to wait until monday!

We have waited Exactly: 35 days for this and we still have to wait for another 5 days!!! :argh:

And imagine if (not much chances of this happening) the contract was rejected we could wait for at least another weak! :rant:

I JUST WAN'T THIS TO END AND SEE WHAT LL WILL DO FOR CAP SAPCE!!!! :argh:

KOVY=DEV4EVER

Edited by Devs3cups

Yikes...that'd be a pretty...interesting...thread right there

dontknow.gif

meh, I was going to start another thread, but decided to use the 560 page classic NLD, being as she is linked to this nasty little deal with Ilya. biggrin.gif

This from the Star Ledger

http://www.nj.com/devils/index.ssf/2010/08/decision_on_ilya_kovalchuks_co.html

Despite optimism that a decision on Ilya Kovalchuk's contract could come as early as Friday, it is likely arbitrator Richard I. Bloch will wait until Monday before announcing his ruling.

Monday????

WTF?!

I realy think we have waited long enough, there is no reason to wait until monday!

We have waited Exactly: 35 days for this and we still have to wait for another 5 days!!! :argh:

And imagine if (not much chances of this happening) the contract was rejected we could wait for at least another weak! :rant:

I JUST WAN'T THIS TO END AND SEE WHAT LL WILL DO FOR CAP SAPCE!!!! :argh:

KOVY=DEV4EVER

Seriously the way this Kovy sh!t has gone down since the offseason began did anyone really think the decision would be made any time soon? LOL I wouldnt be surprise if they dont announce something sometime next week or later! LOL

Part of me is actually hoping the arbitrator rules for the NHL because i dont want to see a work-stoppage in a cpl years, and i dont wanna hear ppl complain that the Devils have an unfair advantage and all that garbage talk. Im sure at this stage Lou and Kovy can re-work the contract to something reasonable. :noclue:

Part of me is actually hoping the arbitrator rules for the NHL because i dont want to see a work-stoppage in a cpl years, and i dont wanna hear ppl complain that the Devils have an unfair advantage and all that garbage talk. Im sure at this stage Lou and Kovy can re-work the contract to something reasonable. :noclue:

Eh...the league has always looked down its nose at the devils. I don't suspect that'll change.

Let people b!tch and moan about Kovy's contract, and the trap, and...whatever else. I don't care :evil:

I'm sure Lou has already worked out something with Kovy. If this is shot down I bet they announce a new deal right after.

The guy should take all the time he needs. So if we have to wait until next Thursday (48 business hours based on an 8 hour 5day work week) so be it. IF it comes in sooner against the Devis he didn't take enough time if it comes in later against the Devils he took too much time.

There is going to be a work stoppage either way. if there's anything we've learned, billionaires fighting millionaires over money takes a long time, and the fans are always the losers.

Eh...the league has always looked down its nose at the devils. I don't suspect that'll change.

Let people b!tch and moan about Kovy's contract, and the trap, and...whatever else. I don't care :evil:

I don't know that is true; I am sure most fans feel the league is against their team. Maybe the league is going after the ocntract because of the blatant attempt to circumvent the cap... why this contract as opposed to some of the others I don't know, but I don't believe there is a conspiracy to bone the Devils

I don't know that is true; I am sure most fans feel the league is against their team. Maybe the league is going after the ocntract because of the blatant attempt to circumvent the cap... why this contract as opposed to some of the others I don't know, but I don't believe there is a conspiracy to bone the Devils

I find it funny that the league picked THIS contract to go after and fight, and not all of the others that are quite similar.....

I find it funny that the league picked THIS contract to go after and fight, and not all of the others that are quite similar.....

Throw in the trapezoid rule (don't even try to deny that was for Brodeur, and maybe Turco), and I'm calling shenanigans on this league

why do you find it funny? the contract is different, and if i were in the league's shoes, i'd go after it too.

i find it funny that the league allowed the devils to put alexander mogilny on IR in 2006 claiming that his injury was sustained while in the NHL, but that he played several games in the AHL after his demotion. what short memories we all have.

why do you find it funny? the contract is different, and if i were in the league's shoes, i'd go after it too.

i find it funny that the league allowed the devils to put alexander mogilny on IR in 2006 claiming that his injury was sustained while in the NHL, but that he played several games in the AHL after his demotion. what short memories we all have.

Because the other contracts were very similar. As someone posted earlier in one of the many lengthy Kovy threads, it is like a police officer watching someone go by doing 74 MPH in a 65 MPH zone, and then pulling over the guy going 76 MPH in that same zone...yes the Kovy contract was a little different, but not by much....

Edited by ThreeCups

Throw in the trapezoid rule (don't even try to deny that was for Brodeur, and maybe Turco), and I'm calling shenanigans on this league

of course it is. the league doesn't like the idea of a team being in nj, because it's "market" is overshadowed by the ranjerks and flyers who have been around longer. its harder to market the devils without taking away from either team. The league never seems to legitimize us, and they seem to want to hinder any chance that we become a household name. Even though there are a lot of people unfamiliar with either team, I guess it's kind of like Anaheim stealing from the Kings.

Because the other contracts were very similar. As someone posted earlier in one of the many lengthy Kovy threads, it is like a police officer watching someone go by doing 74 MPH in a 65 MPH zone, and then pulling over the guy going 76 MPH in that same zone...yes the Kovy contract was a little different, but not by much....

it is different by a lot. pronger and savard have 2 seasons at the NHL minimum. zetterberg, franzen, luongo, keith and hossa have none - the lowest any of their contracts get is $1 million. kovalchuk, by contrast, has 5 years at $550,000.