New Kovy Update ("As the Kovy Turns")

DevsFan7545

• Replies 12.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just went over to the HF board and the Kings fans seem to be getting very bitter about us getting Kovy.

"All I can honestly say at this point is that I hope the Devils' fans need some crying towels tomorrow. I used to admire that team, not so much now." - KINGS17

"Haha, same. Devils used to be 1 of my fav East teams, but i hate them now, all because they signed a player. So petty and childish, I love it" - sw1tch

:troll1:

I'll be showing my age now.... but I just can't get the Bangles out of my head!

Besides Susanna Hoffs being a total babe, I keep running thru Manic Monday in my head and changing it to something like this:

I apologize in advance to the writer of the real song and to anyone who now gets this stuck in their head too. banghead.gif

whistling.gif To the Bangles everyone whistling.gif

39 days already

I was just in the middle of a dream

Kovy was kissin Lord Stanley

Wearing NJ Red White and Green

But I just can’t wait

Cause I want Ilya to get paid

These are the days when

You wish the Devils already had it made

whistling.gif

It’s just another August Sunday

I wish it were MONDAY!

That’s Bloch has gotta talkday

No more delaysday

Man! I just wish it were Monday!!

whistling.gif

Have to catch the early news

Waiting for his decision is really tough

If Dick announced it now

It still wouldn’t be soon enough

‘Cause we been waiting so long

Since the 1st day in July

Blame it on Lou

But Buttman is the real bad guy

whistling.gif

All of these contracts

Why did Gary pick this one

To shoot down

Doesn’t matter now

Just get the arbitrator to say YES

We didn't violate the CBA

whistling.gif

Lou says in his GM voice

C’MON Kovy! Let’s go get some Cups!

whistling.gif

Time it goes so fast

When your winning cups

17 years will just fly by

whistling.gifkoolaid.gifwhistling.gifkoolaid.gifwhistling.gifkoolaid.gif

I'll be showing my age now.... but I just can't get the Bangles out of my head!

Besides Susanna Hoffs being a total babe, I keep running thru Manic Monday in my head and changing it to something like this:

I apologize in advance to the writer of the real song and to anyone who now gets this stuck in their head too. banghead.gif

whistling.gif To the Bangles everyone whistling.gif

39 days already

I was just in the middle of a dream

Kovy was kissin Lord Stanley

Wearing NJ Red White and Green

But I just can’t wait

Cause I want Ilya to get paid

These are the days when

You wish the Devils already had it made

whistling.gif

It’s just another August Sunday

I wish it were MONDAY!

That’s Bloch has gotta talkday

No more delaysday

whistling.gif

Have to catch the early news

Waiting for his decision is really tough

If Dick announced it now

It still wouldn’t be soon enough

‘Cause we been waiting so long

Since the 1st day in July

Blame it on Lou

But Buttman is the real bad guy

whistling.gif

All of these contracts

Why did Gary pick this one

To shoot down

Doesn’t matter now

Just get the arbitrator to say YES

We didn't violate the CBA

whistling.gif

Lou says in his GM voice

C’MON Kovy! Let’s go get some Cups!

whistling.gif

Time it goes so fast

When your winning cups

17 years will just fly by

whistling.gifkoolaid.gifwhistling.gifkoolaid.gifwhistling.gifkoolaid.gif

Haha classic. And if I remember right it was "the artist" prince that wrote the original, under an alias...Christopher or something, cause he liked the bangles

I think you need a couple more "yay" smileys after the argh/unsure. The first set of rant/upset is when they reported Kovy didn't sign with the Devils after (N)Єverson's sh!t reporting. We need another set for when Kovy signed the 17/102, which is followed by the "ugh" smileys at the NHL rejecting the contract.

Show me what you mean and I'll update it.. The first rant part is for when he went to LA and we were sure he was a King.. The set of smilies seperated by slashes / is for the signing, which is followed by the rant sequence for the rejection

is there a formal time for the decision tomorrow or is it just going to be announced whenever on monday? :noclue:

probably just Dreger/LeBrun/TG reporting it on twitter or maybe Grossman who knows

This from Fischler MSG:

D-Day for Devils, Kovalchuk

http://www.msg.com/our-teams/devils/d-day-for-devils-kovalchuk-1.47880

However, there's an equally sound reason why the Devils have gone to war with the league and it all has to do with a franchise-revamping.

Even since the club's 1995 first-of-three Stanley Cup championships, the organization's marketing face has been Martin Brodeur, holder of so many goaltending records that Georges Vezina must be doing backflips in his grave.

But, unlike Methuselah, Brodeur cannot play goal into the next century. Father Time simply won't allow it.

With that in mind, the club is re-molding its former defensive image with both Kovalchuk and Zach Parise as the center-stage offensive glamour boys with a solid supporting cast behind them

He's got a 50/50 shot at being right, so why not.

Exactly. This report tweet is symbolic of the whole Kovy saga. Get it right...brag or Get it wrong...make excuses.

This from Fischler MSG:

D-Day for Devils, Kovalchuk

http://www.msg.com/our-teams/devils/d-day-for-devils-kovalchuk-1.47880

However, there's an equally sound reason why the Devils have gone to war with the league and it all has to do with a franchise-revamping.

Even since the club's 1995 first-of-three Stanley Cup championships, the organization's marketing face has been Martin Brodeur, holder of so many goaltending records that Georges Vezina must be doing backflips in his grave.

But, unlike Methuselah, Brodeur cannot play goal into the next century. Father Time simply won't allow it.

With that in mind, the club is re-molding its former defensive image with both Kovalchuk and Zach Parise as the center-stage offensive glamour boys with a solid supporting cast behind them

The Devils are restructuring the team so that after Brodeur retires, they will have cheap goalies and spend the money on skaters.

Edited by ben00rs

Exactly. This report tweet is symbolic of the whole Kovy saga. Get it right...brag or Get it wrong...make excuses.

The Devils are restructuring the team so that after Brodeur retires, they will have cheap goalies and spend the money on skaters.

when brodeur retires, do you think they will sign a free agent goalie or bring someone down from albany

Which seems to be what a lot teams have been doing lately.

Watch the wording of the tweets. Kovy staying a Devil could mean they have agreed to a new deal if the decision goes the other way (and that is something more likely to be leaked than an arbitrators decision). Of course while that is not bad, winning the arbitration case is better because a restructured contract would be a higher cap hit (limiting further offseason moves).

I'm not going to celebrate just yet. I'm skeptical of these tweets. They may not mean what some are thinking they mean.