New Kovy Update ("As the Kovy Turns")

DevsFan7545

• Replies 12.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who are you talking about? Victory=Triumph (he who protests the use of someone's first name in a forum), was a Rangers fan?

lol - the two of you deserve each other. thankfully i've had NZT on ignore for several months because he contributes nothing and knows nothing. he's worse than ray or jeff or peter or sir richard.

Edited by Triumph

lol - the two of you deserve each other. thankfully i've had NZT on ignore for several months because he contributes nothing and knows nothing. he's worse than ray or jeff or peter or sir richard.

Hey Brent i mean Triumph, i'll stop using first names when you stop referring to the Devils annoyingly as "New Jersey", learn some capitalization skills, and step off that high and mighty horse you ride. If you can do any of that, not only would i hold up my end of the bargain, i'd be damn impressed.

Hey Brent i mean Triumph, i'll stop using first names when you stop referring to the Devils annoyingly as "New Jersey", learn some capitalization skills, and step off that high and mighty horse you ride. If you can do any of that, not only would i hold up my end of the bargain, i'd be damn impressed.

wow, so i was doing things that were annoying that i had no idea were annoying. pretty sure i'll keep doing all of that. say hi to bill for me.

wow, so i was doing things that were annoying that i had no idea were annoying. pretty sure i'll keep doing all of that. say hi to bill for me.

Same here!

After all, i had no idea calling friends and fellow forum members by their real first name was that much of a pet peeve to make it a point of attacking a fellow fan about.

Bill gives his love. ;)

Edited by SJP20

Just to throw some fuel to the fire... as per various Twitter reports, Eric Belanger has claimed that he has had a deal in place with a team for a while now and it cannot be official or announced until that team makes a few moves. So he is not allowed to say where he has signed with.

Anyone think it could be NJ?

Just to throw some fuel to the fire... as per various Twitter reports, Eric Belanger has claimed that he has had a deal in place with a team for a while now and it cannot be official or announced until that team makes a few moves. So he is not allowed to say where he has signed with.

Anyone think it could be NJ?

could be, but i think it's pretty unlikely unless belanger's willing to take a malhotra-to-SJ deal, which i don't see.

i don't know how lou gets out of this mess w/ kovalchuk at 6.8 though, he really does need every dollar.

Very good article by Bruce Arthur of the National Post:

The decision itself is a little bizarre — first Bloch writes: “The Arbitrator’s charge, in such instances, is not to somehow construct his or her own notions of industrial justice or perceived equities, but to read and apply the CBA’s bargained terms.”

Then he cherry-picks the terms that he chooses to apply, notes the fact that the contract breaks not one single defined rule in the CBA — length, structure, movement clauses, nothing — and reads intent into the document. Which, for the NHL, must have been nice.

“The NHLPA observes, and the League concedes, that the individual elements of this [contract] are in no way proscribed by the CBA,” Bloch wrote, which would seem to be, you know, important.

But since it was Bloch who did the interpreting — and since the headless NHLPA agreed to let him do the interpreting, despite Bloch having been angrily fired by the NFLPA in 2005 for being too pro-league — Bettman got what he wanted. Bloch used common sense, but common sense isn’t law, and it’s certainly not written into this CBA.

http://www.nationalpost.com/sports/Bettman+keeps+getting/3383201/story.html

could be, but i think it's pretty unlikely unless belanger's willing to take a malhotra-to-SJ deal, which i don't see.

i don't know how lou gets out of this mess w/ kovalchuk at 6.8 though, he really does need every dollar.

I don't see Belanger being a possiblity if Lou can't stay under a 6.5 cap hit. He'd probably be forced to make an extra move - something I don't think he wants to do, especially with him already being forced to move 1 or 2 players when Kovy signs.

I don't see Belanger being a possiblity if Lou can't stay under a 6.5 cap hit. He'd probably be forced to make an extra move - something I don't think he wants to do, especially with him already being forced to move 1 or 2 players when Kovy signs.

I personally don't think Belanger signs here either. I was just pointing to his statement where he can't say what team he signed with until that team makes the necessary moves... the Devils fit that description perfectly. But so do about 10 other teams who are over the cap. It'd be nice to have him that's for sure.

Belanger already has a contract in place w/ another team. they are just waiting to make a trade before it goes into place.

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=808500

whole thread on it over @ Hockeysfuture.

(Quebec) After keeping silent for three weeks, the former Washington Capitals forward Eric Belanger confirmed Tuesday TO "Le Soleil" that he had found a new address in the National Hockey League. The one-year agreement that binds him to his new team, also prevented him for the moment to identify the team in question.

Three weeks ago, the agent of Sherbroke native but resident of Quebec, revealed that his client was hesitating between two teams. The center of 32 years finally settled with one of them. "I know where I'm going, but I can not tell! That's the latest news. They are currently working on an exchange, which [will have an impact] on the salary cap. It's been quite some time that the agreement is made, but we cant talk about it ", said Belanger, who scored 15 goals and 41 points with the Minnesota Wild and the Capitals during the last season .

According to the former Harfangs Beauport, it is not, for his new team, making him the space under the salary cap. Rather, a negotiation strategy.

"There is no place to go. But they are doing an exchange and does not want to lose leverage in that trade, "said the one who was earning $1.750 million last season.

Constantly questioned about his future since the beginning of the summer, Belanger was eager to share his good news.

"I'm getting fed up. Everybody asks me every day where I go and I got tired of not being able to say. But it's also part of the business. They asked us to help them in there. "

Certainly, the striker is delighted to no longer have to worry about his immediate future.

"It removes a concern, for sure. Even if it's been long we have to keep the secret. But I can still start telling people that it's done. It just remains to announce the destination, "he said, adding that he is now a matter of days.

In the meantime, Belanger continues to train with other professionals in the NHL, which is the unifying them each summer. This year, the small group of elite players, including Patrice Bergeron, Antoine Vermette, Alex Tanguay, Mathieu Garon, took up residence at the new Sports Complex of L'Ancienne-Lorette.

"The choice was not hard. Above all they offer us to leave our facilities [there]. They gave us two rooms for the summer, doing the laundry, provide water bottles, washers ... We just spoiled! [...] In addition, they are good facilities and the ice is a truly exceptional quality. We are not afraid of getting hurt ... "he suggested, suggesting less happy experiences in the past.

What role would he realistically serve? I'd rather give the spot to a kid

I agree. Clearly Zajac is #1 and Arnott is #2 on the depth chart. I would rather see Josefson/Henrique get a shot at the 3rd line center spot than even further complicating our cap issues by signing Belanger.