New Kovy Update ("As the Kovy Turns")

DevsFan7545

I wonder what the Devils players think? They'll never say, but I bet there is anomosity towards Kovalchuk. At that siging I wonder what went through the minds of Brodeur, Elias, Leblond, and Lamoriello I can see them "THINKING" this:

BRODEUR: Wow, you mean I could've held the team hostage and tried to get more money? What was I thinking be a company man? This guy is getting away with murder! I guess I gotta' suck it up and smile for the cameras.

ELIAS: Lou are you really allowing this guy to come in here, dictate playing time, length of contract, and this much money? I just gotta' keep smiling, keep smiling no matter how disgusted I feel.

LEBLOND: This guy is making well over ten times what I make in a season. I don't know if I can keep smiling.

LAMORIELLO: Just a few more years of this crap and I can retire to Rhode Island. I don't understand why I HAD to sign this Kovalchuk and to this deal. Oh, I just don't get it. And another thing... Why are Brodeur, Elias, and Leblond smiling?

• Replies 12.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder what the Devils players think? They'll never say, but I bet there is anomosity towards Kovalchuk. At that siging I wonder what went through the minds of Brodeur, Elias, Leblond, and Lamoriello I can see them "THINKING" this:

BRODEUR: Wow, you mean I could've held the team hostage and tried to get more money? What was I thinking be a company man? This guy is getting away with murder! I guess I gotta' suck it up and smile for the cameras.

ELIAS: Lou are you really allowing this guy to come in here, dictate playing time, length of contract, and this much money? I just gotta' keep smiling, keep smiling no matter how disgusted I feel.

LEBLOND: This guy is making well over ten times what I make in a season. I don't know if I can keep smiling.

LAMORIELLO: Just a few more years of this crap and I can retire to Rhode Island. I don't understand why I HAD to sign this Kovalchuk and to this deal. Oh, I just don't get it. And another thing... Why are Brodeur, Elias, and Leblond smiling?

(Edited) ELIAS: Lou are you really allowing this guy to come in here, dictate playing time, length of contract, and this much money? I just gotta' keep smiling, even if the damn russian can't even remember my name. I'm only the Devils leading scorer.

Seriously, I don't know about Brodeur and Elias but I'm pretty sure LeBlond wasn't upset about getting paid ten times less than a guy who is 20 times more talented than him.

Yeahh...the leblond one is a stretch at best. Others made me chuckle though.

Brodeur's happy right now, because the fact that he took less moeny allows the team to go after players like this. If Brodeur's making more...we would have never even had a chance at #17

BRODEUR: This guy ...hey - skinny brunette to your left, look here, look...turn just... uuugghh - what they say Butterface - hahaha. :whistling: Mon ami Pirot dumdee dum...Ko Val Chuk... your wife is uuuuuhhhhgly...hmm - what if Gen wanted to get her lips done. I'd hate that - it would ruin- Huh? Why is everyone laughing? What did Lou just say about me... heh heh smile what thehell did I just miss? - I look like I dont like Kovalchuk? Oh well - what the fvck smile about I dont know what ...

ELIAS: Papa.. daddy... dad.. pop... what should I be called. Should I say what I be called or just let kid decide? It be boy... what if it be girl? What if she have my lips -dat no good... well... she could get leep job like Kovalchuk wife. Let's have boy... -- what? yes - I am smiling... what do everyone think I smile about? Yahhh yah.. well just keep smiling.

LeBLOND: huhuhu uhhhh huhuhuhuhuhuhu Huuhuhuhuhu. Ees soo cool!

PARISE: :rolleyes::blahblah: Boy oh Boy! I'm just excited to have him on the team! Yippee! lookin' forward to years of playing <_< what a pant load. Ah :evil: Yes Lou. Ha ha ha - you are so funny. Yeah don't I look so happy. Can I take a nap yet?

LANGENBRUNNER: Face of the Devils. I am the Face of the Devils. I feel old. I don't really. But I should - I think. Did the kids see Toy Story 3 yet - haha woody.. oh no... I'm going to start laughing... woody - Whuh? YES.. yes I am laughing ...at what you said Lou! Ha...hahaha. :unsure:

Edited by Pepperkorn

Why are so many of you constantly in the middle of the country on some nowhere road? I can't even count the amount of "I am going to be in the middle of XXX, hopefully I won't drive off the road" posts in this thread.

Haha funny you say that, I'm actually about to get up and leave for a road trip until the 26th.

I just can't Kovy anymore.I want Kovy to Kovy this deal so we can all stop Koveing and move on to some other Kovys.YES I'M KOVYED

This was a very kovytastic post. smurfleft.gif

It is the 17th. Hopefully at some point when I am on Route 80 in the middle of nowhere PA I get a text message about Kovalchuk.

Near exit 17 perhaps? whistling.gif

Why are so many of you constantly in the middle of the country on some nowhere road? I can't even count the amount of "I am going to be in the middle of XXX, hopefully I won't drive off the road" posts in this thread.

I was on my way from Lollapalooza when the contract rejection occurred. I would imagine a good number of the younger folk are on the road to college right now, we're hitting move-in dates for most non-New Jersey based colleges.

This was a very kovytastic post. smurfleft.gif

Near exit 17 perhaps? whistling.gif

When I got notice of kovy signing I was on the trans canada highway driving from vancouver to kelowna. Bc is the most beautiful place I've ever been to.

I'm gonna go ahead and do this for everyone's sake..

NO RICK ROLL TODAY

...although, granted, peoples' reactions (including my own) were pretty entertaining

Who posted that rick roll? Did he get banned?

I honestly think Kovalchuk doesn’t sign until training camp starts, or maybe a day or two before it starts. Remember he is currently in Russia training, which only means two things;

1) Both he and Lou know there going to work out a contract so neither side is too worried. Lou also knows he can still make moves during camp to other teams, especially if a team has a few injuries during camp. Those trades make work more in our favor since teams need bodies.

2) He may already have a contract in place & Lou once again is going through the little things to make sure it goes through this time, hell Lou might have hired the arbitrator also to look over this contract to make sure it is good.

I think either way Kovalchuk will be in the red, white & black come October.

:koolaid:

Now I know it is a rumor website, but this guy does write for the Hockey News, and he only post things from creditable sources

My link

Devils made an offer of $7mil? For 10 years? Maybe it will be announced at 1700hrs today the 17th?!

SPORTS-EXPRESS: reports the New Jersey Devils have apparently offered Ilya Kovalchuk a contract of more than 10 years in length.

SPECTOR'S NOTE: Hat tip to George James Malik. No word on how much the offer is for but it's likely going to average out to over $7 million per season and will be front-loaded, only not as much as the last one which the league rejected.

http://www.spectorshockey.net/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=1717:nhl-free-agent-a-trade-rumors-august-17-2010&catid=5:trade-rumors&Itemid=4