New Kovy Update ("As the Kovy Turns")

DevsFan7545

I think the pressure of being the face / savior / only hope we will ever have of being good, of the Atlanta Thrashers was much greater.

I disagree because no one cared about Atlanta. Plus, his FA saga has garnered by far the most attention this off-season in the NHL

• Replies 12.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puck_daddy/post/Devils-Langenbrunner-frustrated-by-Kovalchuk-or?urn=nhl-265083

Langs:

"I'm pretty confident. I've spoken to him. He wants to be a part of our team. I think he showed that by signing in the first place. I'm hopeful and confident that it will."
Edited by mmajeski06

Can you imagine the reception we're gonna give him if Kovy re-signs and we win the Cup?

If I was Bettman, I'd fear for my personal safety if that were to happen. Devils fans would not treat him nicely when he steps on the ice, with or without the cup.

If I was Bettman, I'd fear for my personal safety if that were to happen. Devils fans would not treat him nicely when he steps on the ice, with or without the cup.

Please. Any Devil fan who even thinks of hurting anyone over whether Kovy sign/does not sign hhere needs help right now.

And lets be serious, Devil fans have not treated Bettman nice for years.

Please. Any Devil fan who even thinks of hurting anyone over whether Kovy sign/does not sign hhere needs help right now.

And lets be serious, Devil fans have not treated Bettman nice for years.

Sure, I agree with you. But there will still be some morons who will try to throw something at him.

Well folks, looks like the Devils did submit something along the lines of the 15 year contract I predicted and it was indeed rejected. I'm not sure the Devs shouldn't try arbitration again but risk/reward is questionable.

I'd like to see the contract framework that was rejected. Despite TG's report I'm not sure anything was rejected because it seemed to me that Bloch only just felt comfortable rejected the last Kovy contract so if I was the Devils, and I submitted a more reasonable deal this time, I would feel pretty good about getting Bloch to rule in my favor this time.

Of course, unofficially maybe the league threatened to pursue penalties for the first contract if the Devils did something like that.

I think that's exactly what's going on here. A simple chess move to stop the Devils from going to arbitration with a more reasonable contract.

Well I guess this puts the conspiracy nonsense to bed about Lou getting the first one rejected intentionally, since we've now had a second one torpedoed :P

It was intentional the first time because he intended to go to arbitration.

Maybe Lou can see if he can sign Kovy to a short term deal in able to at least get things going.

bad idea. Big cap hit.

@dchesnokov

According to @plysenkov and our mutual sources the league is looking for a contract for around 13 years for Kovalchuk.

I feel like the league should be paying Kovalchuk. I mean, if they get to pick the terms and length of the contract, that's only fair, right?

Edited by thelastonealive

@dchesnokov

According to @plysenkov and our mutual sources the league is looking for a contract for around 13 years for Kovalchuk.

I feel like the league should be paying Kovalchuk. I mean, if they get to pick the terms and length of the contract, that's only fair, right?

Yep. Apparently the league tells teams what their contract needs to look like these days.

@dchesnokov

Just before you edited your post I was about to say: Oh so now the league signs players to contracts?

@dchesnokov

i agree they need to set limits on these deals, but this should have been taken care of day 1 with the deals 2 summers ago. not 2 years before the CBA expires and we have another lockout, cause its all but a certainty in 2012 with the NHLPA being a bunch of unorganized babies.