New Kovy Update ("As the Kovy Turns")

DevsFan7545

• Replies 12.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've maintained a cautious optimism throughout this entire process. I thought for sure that one Sunday night we learned he was visiting LA that the next day were were gonna wake up to news that he signed out there. By the end of that week my confidence was as high as it had ever been. At this point I like to think the fact that he at least tried to sign with us (TWICE now at least) as a huge indication that he wants to play for this team and I have a good feeling Lou and company will sort this whole thing out and he'll be signed in the near future.

I've been addicted to this thread, I've quit this thread in a huff, I've come back older and wiser. It's been an exciting process getting to page 500. I'm not sure if I want this saga to end or not at this point. :cheers:

And now no one is posting. I'll go ahead and point out that this deal HAS to get done within the next week to leave enough time to trade guys away. I think Lou might be having a hard time doing so.

If it comes down to it, and Lou can't trade or demote players he will simply release them*. Not the ideal situation plus adding to the edge of the trading partners.

*eligible players No point in releasing a Rolston as his contract would still be on the cap in such a scenario.

Edited by Rock

Wow....NLD was started in 2004 and is at page 560. This was started...oh in July...and just hit page 500...and it's about 7 posts away from 10000 too. Too average it out...this thread is receiving almost 278 posts...A DAY!

Kovys agent apparently contacted the KHL

http://fwix.com/nyc/share/7717278fe8/report_kovalchuks_agent_calls_russian_league

just another thing to bullsh!t about until this guy gets signed :horse:

I read on the KHL's facebook page...not sure if it's legit.... that they are working on a charity game where Ovechkin and Kovalchuk would face each other.

And now no one is posting. I'll go ahead and point out that this deal HAS to get done within the next week to leave enough time to trade guys away. I think Lou might be having a hard time doing so.

the deal could get done september 29th and leave lou enough time.

I think they will have to go through arbitration again, becuase clearly the league will NOT ALLOW any other contract to be signed - it seems that it isn't even AAV

if the rumor is true and the devils went to the league with a 15 year deal, lou and grossman either didn't read the bloch report, or haven't listened to a single word that bill daly has said since this began.

Well obviously his (Russian) agent contacted the KHL. He's not signed yet and that guy still wants his pay-day?

Grossman would be dumb to contact the KHL because he'd be letting his top client and top commission go.

These speculative fake rumor articles are really annoying.