New Kovy Update ("As the Kovy Turns")

DevsFan7545

http://devils.hockey-news-update.com/report-kovalchuks-agent-calls-russianleague/

heres the article about Kovy's agent contacted the KHL...

“‘Ilya knows that our proposal is still on the table,’ Medvedev said at the World Hockey Summit. ‘Actually, I got a call from his agent. I will call after I finishing the discussion with you.’

• Replies 12.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ive said this many times, at this point i dont care if tis up to an $8mil cap hit

Give him a 13year contract at $98 million which is just over a $7.5 cap hit, kovy will take that, and i can see kovy playing until at least 37 which means he would get $85 million in the first ten years, magically trade rolston and salvs and we are set to rock and roll!

1st year $10mil

2 $10mil

3 $9mil

4 $9mil

5 $9mil

6 $8mil

7 $8mil

8 $8mil

9 $8mil

10 $6mil

11 $6mil

12 $4mil

13 $3mil

:noclue:

Edited by Zubie#8

Ive said this many times, at this point i dont care with anything more than 8 mil cap hit

Give him a 13year contract at $98 million with just over a $7.5 cap hit, kovy will take that, and i can see kovy playing until

1st year $10mil

2 $10mil

3 $9mil

4 $9mil

5 $9mil

6 $8mil

7 $8mil

8 $8mil

9 $8mil

10 $6mil

11 $6mil

12 $4mil

13 $3mil

:noclue:

Well I like the original rumored deal which was 60 million for 8 years. Its the same cap hit as your's at 7.5 mill :doh1:

So we are almost done with August and we still have nothing. I never thought I would say this but i want Fehr involved now, I almost want a walkout by the players over the shafting they just got over this whole situation. The league set up a sh!tty set of rules then half a$$ enforced it and it's a joke.

So we are almost done with August and we still have nothing. I never thought I would say this but i want Fehr involved now, I almost want a walkout by the players over the shafting they just got over this whole situation. The league set up a sh!tty set of rules then half a$$ enforced it and it's a joke.

Found this article pretty interesting

Langenbrunner talking about Fehr, hoping he will guide the PA back in the right direction, and saying the NHL is taking advantage of a "wounded animal" :horse:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/news/story?id=5496627

Edited by Zubie#8

the kings can still afford kovalchuk, if they wanted to do that. i don't think they do, or will, but they have room under the cap for kovalchuk.

They might get him as a 1 year rental but he's not gonna want to do that. They have a few hot commodities to sign next season.

Shameless plug: Check out Intent to Blow's take on the Kovalchuk second contract rejection, it's pretty spot on.

They might get him as a 1 year rental but he's not gonna want to do that. They have a few hot commodities to sign next season.

Shameless plug: Check out Intent to Blow's take on the Kovalchuk second contract rejection, it's pretty spot on.

they can afford him on a long-term contract just fine.

chesnokov says KHL is offering kovalchuk between 1-3 years. i don't think any of those contracts make sense for ilya unless they are for some outlandish amount of tax-free money.

Plus something that was under-reported that the parent company of SKA was starting to express uneasiness with giving huge amounts of money to players. I can't imagine that any of these KHL teams, even the big ones, can make any money with even a $20 million pay roll. Most of them play in arenas that are about the size of South Mountain Arena.

Plus something that was under-reported that the parent company of SKA was starting to express uneasiness with giving huge amounts of money to players. I can't imagine that any of these KHL teams, even the big ones, can make any money with even a $20 million pay roll. Most of them play in arenas that are about the size of South Mountain Arena.

I think it's just a couple like SKA who have the means to offer guys like Kovy. the rest just sit back and basically operate like it's still the superleague, not something that's designed to compete with the NHL

meh. it's the president's brother, what are they going to do about it? still, a 1 year deal makes little sense unless it pays him like $10 million tax-free, because he can probably wave bye-bye to a lot of those front-loaded deals; most of the teams that could offer them won't really have the ability to do so in a year. plus a year where he doesn't lead the KHL in goals would look bad (and he didn't lead the league in 2004-05). 2 and 3 year deals have him heading into labor strife if he wishes to return to the NHL, and teams will be wary of making huge commitments coming into or going out of labor difficulties.

i did forget that kovalchuk played in the KHL in 2005-06 while holding out from atlanta. it's possible he could do that again.