New Kovy Update ("As the Kovy Turns")

DevsFan7545

• Replies 12.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

dchesnokov A source just told me that in his opinion it is very possible that Kovalchuk will indeed sign in Russia. NHL is blocking his efforts.

:argh: :argh: :argh: :argh: :argh: I may seriously have to take a break from the NHL this year.

I agree how frustrating this is as a fan but all these sources have spewed so much bs. No one knows what is reallly happening, I mean really let's face it LL and JVB have been known to keep things so tight lipped that the CIA would be jealous. Everything could be totally different than what we are reading, everyone just wants to be the first, I will be patient and wait for the truth!

but kovalchuk probably wouldn't accept this deal. so okay, the deal has to give kovalchuk 13% in the final 4 years, so let's call that 4 3 3 3. with a 15 year, 100 million dollar contract, kovalchuk would have a structure like 7 7 8 8 8 8 8 8 7 6 6 6 4 3 3 3. he's not going to be playing those final years, so he probably loses out on at least $6 million, and with any injuries, he could easily lose out on $19 million. plus this deal doesn't make him the highest paid player in the NHL. plus time value of money, etc.

And if he really believes "this is team" he should suck it up. He's not Ovechkin or Crosby, IMO he's not as good as Parise, despite his higher ceiling. He will not win a cup on a mediocre team, and if he plays for a bigger cap hit, this team has the vast potential to be mediocre, even with 2 superstars, for the foreseeable future. We tried to sign a deal that would minimize the cap hit and keep him happy. It didn't work. No one else in the NHL seems to want Kovy, except MAYBE the hapless Isles. He needs to stop making us bid against ourselves if he wants to win, or go to Russia if he wants the money. Something has to give here, and Kovy doesn't seem willing. I'm close to saying good riddance.

As per Twitter:

TGfireandice RT @dchesnokov According to @plysenkov who called Kovy's Rus agent,agent confirmed discussions with the KHL but refused to comment further.

Not Good!

Any good agent would do their due diligence to find out ANY AND ALL options available to their player. However, I really would be shocked if Kovy played in Russia...

Guys, let's chill with the Gamebreaker stuff for a while, okay? I turned off his ability to post for now, it'll be up to DevilMinder and/or msweet as to what to do with him going forward.

cough:BAN:cough

The overwhelming evidence has been presented. Not even his own mother would be able to defend his atrocious behavior on here. Combined with 0 worthwhile posts= JUSTIFIED BAN.

Guys, let's chill with the Gamebreaker stuff for a while, okay? I turned off his ability to post for now, it'll be up to DevilMinder and/or msweet as to what to do with him going forward.

I mean honestly he provides no benefit to this board. Nothing but someone that takes shots at people, that's all.

cough:BAN:cough

The overwhelming evidence has been presented. Not even his own mother would be able to defend his atrocious behavior on here. Combined with 0 worthwhile posts= JUSTIFIED BAN.

Trust me, I agree with you, but they're the admins, they'll make the final decision.

the deal could get done september 29th and leave lou enough time.

I agree but how smart would it be to let things wait until then? Even greater chance we'd have to take a bad deal or waive players.

Post #10,000?

Edit: Off by one.

Triumph snuck in there and nabbed it.

sign0096.gif JKJK clap.gif It's about time.

Edited by ben00rs

Can't access that Єklund (2.3% accurate) link. What does it say?

http://goo.gl/Q191

Paste this link in a new browser window

So why do I feel Kovalchuk will be a Devil?

I have talked to a few teams (one as recently as Monday) tried to see if they could get back in on Kovalchuk. One team who wants a longterm deal, two other teams who themselves would put forth 3 year deals in the range of the KHL rumored deals.

Each time the NHL team's request to the Kovalchuk camp was met with essentially, "Don't bother putting a new offer together, the Devils deal will get done."

Why would Kovalchuk not consider an offer from an NHL team, but consider one from a KHL team? The Kovalchuk camp must know something more here.

whats taking so f**king long anyways?

i mean really... im putting myself in Lou's shoes... how long can it take to adjust 2-3 contracts... check with grossman... then check for approval with the NHL... i know its more complicated than that but i mean come on im pretty sure its something you can do in a day

Don't know why Kovalchuk Kovy would want to go to the KHL. The list of players in the organization looks like a bunch of has-beens and never-weres. A typical KHL game must look like an old timers exhibition match.

It is like Old Timer's Day at Yankees Stadium