New Kovy Update ("As the Kovy Turns")

DevsFan7545

• Replies 12.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Langenbrunner is probably going to stay for 2 reasons. 1.) the no-trade 2.) His contract is an expiring contract and is more valuable to keep. He can be re-signed (or his space) for less next year creating more room for Parise's extension. Of the two Zubrus is the one goin gbecause he clears out more space for the next 3 years.

He isn't the franchise until he signs long-term. Luckily, Arnott and Langs come off the cap next year, and Rolston the year after. Lou should be able to lock him up no problem. :pray:

I am fairly confident he will sign long term....and then it will be OFFICIAL! The Parise/Kovy Era? Has a beautifulllllll ring to it.

It was like getting the bunny suit for christmas instead of the red ryder bb gun

Movie reference of the month! "You'll shoot your eye out kid! HO, HO, HOOOOOO!"

it will be even better if zajac gets to stay in the mix

I was counting on him being here as well, but I do not know if he is deserving to be in the name of the "Era", lol. Zajac is an important piece of this team and I hope he is here longterm alongside his buddy ZP.

What worries me now is that if it is rejected, we've missed out on Kaberle, and will Lou have enough time to settle the team before opening night...and if we do get Kovy, will he be on NHL 11 in time? lol

You guys are way off base if you think a guy like Kovalchuk can be reprogrammed to anything other - than MAYBE taking shorter shifts. You're going to threaten a 15/100mil player with a trade if they don't back check hard enough. That's not what you're paying for.

Perhaps, but after all this sh!t the team has gone through/taken for HIM and his greedy demands he would most likely be receptive to anything that can bring a cup to NJ.

today's the day !

Will be repeated by someone on page 724

Edited by devlman

I dont hate Rolston and still think he can produce and play well, but he is obviously the extra guy right now, his cap hit is up there and its the cap space we need plu we have a few too many wingers (which isnt always bad) So hopefully its rolston and I am sure there is a team out there that could sure help win some games!