New Kovy Update ("As the Kovy Turns")

DevsFan7545

Why do I feel like Bettman has grown a dastardly mustache and is now sitting in his office, twirling it while maniacally laughing?

Also, I think the CBA is tied to a railroad.

i don't know...i think Dick Dastardly is infinately cooler than gary...lol!

Dickdastardly.jpg

• Replies 12.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i totally agree with this - i think they're both fvcked (NHL and NHLPA) with this. to make a drastic change to the CBA will require a lot more than bettman, daly and whoever is in the room for the PA. you need owners and player reps to make such a drastic change.

kovy's going to start in the KHL next week - i am sure of this now. if his contract is approved here, he'll come back. but i don't think he ever intended to be the poster boy for CBA changes.

you can say that the league is afraid it will lose this arbitration but the fact is, the win they got in the last one was so fvcking damning and so far reaching that the PA is in a position where they have to fight. it's almost like the NHL won TOO much w/ bloch's asinine reasoning and declarations in his ruling.

we've been over this a thousand times - the league put itself in this position by allowing kiprusoff's contract and it went from there. just because it was "a little" egregious, they should've made a decision then. this whole league is a seat-of-your pants type thing.

from suspensions to contracts, there is simply no forward thinking. totally reactionary and it stinks of amateurism. any fan of hockey should be ashamed of how this has happened and who runs this league - on all sides. it's a great sport and really, that's why we love it. the nhl and the nhlpa do as much as possible to fvck it up every step of the way.

Amen sundstrom. Nice post and totally agree. +1.

I just don't understand what there is to work out between the NHL and the NHLPA? Without the owners and player reps etc. I cannot see how any actual changes to the CBA could be made. Maybe I am incorrect in thinking so.

If in fact no actual changes to the CBA can be made , what can they possibly implement that would make both sides happy?

I am trying to not be biased as a Kovy/Devils fan.I cannot see how the NHL could possibly reject this contract now. It is less severe than already registered contracts and in some cases , those contracts have been in effect for a season already. It would look like a HUGE double standard to reject this.

The only way I can see the NHL rejecting this is that they know that time is of the essence and they know Kovy will not hang around to file a grievance etc.

As bad as the NHL does not want this contract to go through , they realize that it has the potential to open up a huge can of worms regarding what they might have to do with looking at prior contracts.It is a struggle for the NHL to decide what they want more , to stop this and any future contract of this type , or having to deal with the headache of rejection this and looking like they have huge double standards and are forced to act on the mistakes they made ( and were too chicken to act on ) previously.

I just hope that this extension results in the contract passing but an agreement between the NHLPA and NHL that would totally stop future contracts structured like this.

6 hours left...

You were saying?

Wow. They got me on this one. I thought the NHL was actually going to follow a rule. Oh well. Not surprised, just in awe at the MANY ways Buttman can find to be a dickbag!

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/devils/nhl_gives_players_assn_ultimatum_UEbYgwfB6I4E4y7xGbE1OP

YOWZERS!

That's a fvcking hell of an ultimatum. If the NHLPA had any teeth, you'd be hearing talk of a strike. That's balsy as all hell of the league to talk about killing Hossa and Luongo. Why the Wings and Savard get a pass I don't know.

The thing is, I have NO problem with the proposal the league is making for future contracts. I think this loophole sucks and these are sensible solutions. The problem is, you're not going to get the NHLPA to be able to agree to it in 48 hours and that's what's total bullsh!t. The NHLPA will rightfully want something in return for this giveback and that's something to negotiate. Meanwhile, Kovalchuk and the Devils sit and stew.

Furthermore, if the league tries to pull this sh!t with the other two contracts, you'll see not only grievance/arbitration. You'll undoubtedly see lawsuits. I'm amazed the NHL was able to put this on the table because I'd think there would be at least 1/2 a dozen clubs that wouldn't want this rule in place.

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/devils/nhl_gives_players_assn_ultimatum_UEbYgwfB6I4E4y7xGbE1OP

YOWZERS!

That's a fvcking hell of an ultimatum. If the NHLPA had any teeth, you'd be hearing talk of a strike. That's balsy as all hell of the league to talk about killing Hossa and Luongo. Why the Wings and Savard get a pass I don't know.

The thing is, I have NO problem with the proposal the league is making for future contracts. I think this loophole sucks and these are sensible solutions. The problem is, you're not going to get the NHLPA to be able to agree to it in 48 hours and that's what's total bullsh!t. The NHLPA will rightfully want something in return for this giveback and that's something to negotiate. Meanwhile, Kovalchuk and the Devils sit and stew.

Furthermore, if the league tries to pull this sh!t with the other two contracts, you'll see not only grievance/arbitration. You'll undoubtedly see lawsuits. I'm amazed the NHL was able to put this on the table because I'd think there would be at least 1/2 a dozen clubs that wouldn't want this rule in place.

You just beat me to this link. The post has been pretty good with breaking news during this fiasco so I'll take this as credible. What a fvcking mess. The hole just gets deeper and deeper. To hell with this league.

YOWZERS!

Could you find a more amateurish lot? I'm speechless, absolutely speechless.

What a coup that would be for the Devils if an agreement is made. They get Kovy at a sweetheart deal and there will only be a handful of these deals allowed across the whole league.

disagree - they very much wanted one of these for parise too. now parise's cap number is in the $8MM range.

everyone whined the league was singling out the Devils. now that that's been proven wrong, now people are whining that they might punish someone. me, I find it funny.

Luongo.... YOU'RE FIRRRRRRREDDDDDD!

I'll be the first one to admit I was wrong on that point if the league starts voiding deals.

I still stand by my belief though that Kovy could have signed the same deal with the Penguins, Caps or Rangers and the deal would be approved.