New Kovy Update ("As the Kovy Turns")

DevsFan7545

• Replies 12.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i'm guessing he will start to play there and wait for a decision.

i don't think so. this shouldn't take longer than the end of next week, given the way that people are discussing the talks. i understand the KHL season starts sooner, but it doesn't make any sense to play 1 or 2 games there.

http://blog.mlive.com/snapshots/2010/09/the_agents_weigh_in_on_kovalch.html

This is mind-boggling if true, and yet not all that surprising at this point.

Nothing would surprise me at this point. Actually, I see this as being spot on. It really makes sense. I don't give a crap what anyone says, between the PA and the NHL you are dealing with a collective group of idiots of the highest order. It's just sad at this point. Obviously this has been nothing more then just another labor battle between the two groups except they decided to start the party a couple of years in advance and the Devils are unfortunately caught in the middle of this sh*t storm. It's total bullsh*t that the paying customer has had to deal with this type of garbage for the last 16 years and it probably will never end.

So who thinks theses fvcks decide to push the deadline further out again? Dreger is usually on point so I guess it's pretty much a done deal that this drags on past today.

Edited by Sickman

So, no one believes a positive descion will be made today?

Mike

i don't think so. this shouldn't take longer than the end of next week, given the way that people are discussing the talks. i understand the KHL season starts sooner, but it doesn't make any sense to play 1 or 2 games there.

still think someone's buying drinks.

Nothing would surprise me at this point. Actually, I see this as being spot on. It really makes sense. I don't give a crap what anyone says, between the PA and the NHL you are dealing with a collective group of idiots of the highest order. It's just sad at this point. Obviously this has been nothing more then just another labor battle between the two groups except they decided to start the party a couple of years in advance and the Devils are unfortunately caught in the middle of this sh*t storm. It's total bullsh*t that the paying customer has had to deal with this type of garbage for the last 16 years and it probably will never end.

So who thinks theses fvcks decide to push the deadline further out again? Dreger is usually on point so I guess it's pretty much a done deal that this drags on past today.

there's no way anything is happening today. if the nhl rejects it, it goes to arbitration again and nobody wants that - they'll extend some more. the league has absolutely lost an ally in both the Devils and Lou.

still think someone's buying drinks.

there's no way anything is happening today. if the nhl rejects it, it goes to arbitration again and nobody wants that - they'll extend some more. the league has absolutely lost an ally in both the Devils and Lou.

fvck it, if the players union had any organization or leadership, they should strike now until bettman removes himself from the commissioner position. its the exact same thing they did in 92 to remove Zeigler as part of the settlement to end it.

The NHL has to know that the latest deal would most likely make it through arbitration, seeing as how it fixed every problem Bloch had with the original contract. But they also know that the Devils / Kovalchuk don't have the time to go through another arbitration, and the NHL is taking advantage of it. To blatantly use a team like they have used us in order to get their agenda is beyond despicable. I'm hating this league more and more each day, and if Kovalchuk is not in a Devils uniform for game 1, I am done with the NHL for a while.

Wow what great posts to wake up to :angry:

It's been the same for nearly 2 months now... I have been tuning in only once per week to avoid ruining EVERY day of my week...

It doesn't sound like today is going to be any better :horse: !

fvck it, if the players union had any organization or leadership, they should strike now until bettman removes himself from the commissioner position. its the exact same thing they did in 92 to remove Zeigler as part of the settlement to end it.

A strike right now would be illegal because a collective bargaining agreement is in place, which was not the case in '92.

I really hope to hell that there will not be another extension on the deadline.A long weekend of waiting once again will really blow.

I'm going to Buffalo for wingfest tomorrow. Kovy will not spoil this weekend.