New Kovy Update ("As the Kovy Turns")

DevsFan7545

7.7mm is more than reasonable now... just not in year 10-15... then again, neither will be 6, 6.66, 7, etc

I'm not worried about that... he'll retire before then and even if not, we'd buy him out.

As for the 5pm, 7pm, 8pm thing.... go out, watch a movie, grab a drink, come home, sleep, check the news in the morning. The contract will be approved, we just need the ink to dry on the CBA amendment.

• Replies 12.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

why are they pushing back the deadline? is it because kovy's contract isnt approved or are they discussing future rules that will be instilled in the nhl?

because obviously they're not done writing the agreement. agreement in principle and written agreement are two different things.

the Kovalchuk contract is approved and will be registered... if there is an agreement. if not, it will be rejected. it is being used as a chip in a labor negotiation. which is why when it was said that Kovalchuk's deal would be cleared, it meant nothing.

the guy from nhl.com is tweeting about this. when that's happening, you know it's all just formalities.

or just more twitting noise. 5 hours of formalities starts to you know, not exactly sound like formalities. it's entirely possible they had an agreement in principle and writing the agreement is proving difficult. because of the idiots that are involved in the process.

if they go to sleep on it and punt until Wednesday (figuring 2 business days), it starts to look like all bets are off. ultimately, when you look at the lameness of what is being reported about the deal, it's hard to believe the PA wouldn't accept it, but who knows who is bickering about what in the language.

or just more twitting noise. 5 hours of formalities starts to you know, not exactly sound like formalities. it's entirely possible they had an agreement in principle and writing the agreement is proving difficult. because of the idiots that are involved in the process.

if they go to sleep on it and punt until Wednesday (figuring 2 business days), it starts to look like all bets are off. ultimately, when you look at the lameness of what is being reported about the deal, it's hard to believe the PA wouldn't accept it, but who knows who is bickering about what in the language.

come off it. you don't think it's difficult to ratify something an existing collective bargaining agreement? that has to involve a lot of paperwork. when the league's version of pravda is reporting it as fact, it's probably happening.

all bets could be on - for us.

come off it. you don't think it's difficult to ratify something an existing collective bargaining agreement? that has to involve a lot of paperwork. when the league's version of pravda is reporting it as fact, it's probably happening.

all bets could be on - for us.

it's not my fault you have a gambling problem. :lol: I'm having flashbacks to 2005 here. and from what the twits are reporting, it was pre-ratified by the PA. I'm assuming the BoG signed off on this goofy charade before it even started, unless Bettman is just sick of his job and wants to be fired... especially considering the rumored contents.

I just want something more solid than twits or news reports based off of twits. every freaking twit has a twit, including me. so now, TG says maybe they can meet this particular deadline. we shall see.