New Kovy Update ("As the Kovy Turns")

DevsFan7545

it's not my fault you have a gambling problem. :lol: I'm having flashbacks to 2005 here. and from what the twits are reporting, it was pre-ratified by the PA. I'm assuming the BoG signed off on this goofy charade before it even started, unless Bettman is just sick of his job and wants to be fired... especially considering the rumored contents.

I just want something more solid than twits or news reports based off of twits. every freaking twit has a twit, including me. so now, TG says maybe they can meet this particular deadline. we shall see.

i don't think you seem to get that 'news based off tweets' are things that were reported as news pre-twitter.

• Replies 12.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i don't think you seem to get that 'news based off tweets' are things that were reported as news pre-twitter.

not as free and easily. re-tweeting can turn one bad story into a firestorm. if twitter was around in 04-05, I probably would have murdered someone.

I gotta say if we do end up getting Kovy, the way he's acted during all this bs has really showed me that he really does want to play for the Devils.

Via TG

TGfireandice

Age is calculated in new rule on June 30 at end of that season. So, cap hit for first 13 years would be $7.15 mil. under new rule. Sorry.

however

TGfireandice

Again, new rule doesn't apply to Kovy contract, so being grandfathered saves Devils more than $500,000 in cap space per season. Significant.

Edited by PattyElias26

one or two more of these and I'm going to consider that bet

Your odds have to go down the more pages that go by without accepting the bet though. Just sayin...

This is done. The NHL/PA clearly let out to the media that they had reached a deal and the Kovy deal is fine. They're probably discussing something as trivial as the color of the paper to print the deal on.

It's on the crawl on the NHL channel, it's the Western Conference playoff reruns. "NJ Devils sign Ilya Kovalchuk to 15 year deal. NHL and NHLPA reach agreement on contract this evening"

Edited by jim777