New Kovy Update ("As the Kovy Turns")

DevsFan7545

i have been reading the espn and tsn comment boards, man, there is alot of blasting the devs and their fans. There is a lot of uneducated responses such as "they will lose parise, this will kill their cap for years, they are done when marty is done, they will be the next thrashers. I couldnt read more than one page of either board. I for one think that a player like Kovy for a cap of 6.67 is awesome.

Any ways, whatever, hopefully the devs do the talking during the season/playoffs.

• Replies 12.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i have been reading the espn and tsn comment boards, man, there is alot of blasting the devs and their fans. There is a lot of uneducated responses such as "they will lose parise, this will kill their cap for years, they are done when marty is done, they will be the next thrashers. I couldnt read more than one page of either board. I for one think that a player like Kovy for a cap of 6.67 is awesome.

Any ways, whatever, hopefully the devs do the talking during the season/playoffs.

thats typical from non devils fans... most of those fans have had teams in the league longer than the devils and they havent any stanley cups or as many playoff victories. it sounds like a slight form of jealousy

thats typical from non devils fans... most of those fans have had teams in the league longer than the devils and they havent any stanley cups or as many playoff victories. it sounds like a slight form of jealousy

Or they could simply be dumb. Yah, I think that's it.

We can try to move Rolston, nut where we HE agree to go?

my guess is it would have to be to a contender. the thing with a team like toronto, for example, is they're a wild card. could either pan out with their current roster and play well, or be horrendous.

problem with most contenders is cap space. who would be willing to pay a lazy guy making over 5 million to dog it and hustle barely half of his shifts.

unfortunately, i think because of his cap hit and his NTC, we will be stuck with him and axing a guy like Zubrus who actually can be a factor.

Or they could simply be dumb. Yah, I think that's it.

i'd prefer dumb, when you act uneducated, you make your team's fan base look a heck of a lot worse than if you were just jealous.

it's just like when pitt fans brag about drafting well and "building" a winner ever so carefully, forgetting that a majority of their picks were so early, they were almost can't miss.

Sounds like the green eyed monster to me. We've lost over the years Stevens, Niedermeyer, Daneyko, Gomez, Rafalski, Madden, Martin just to name a few. Everyone has been waiting for the Devils to finally fade into obscurity, and now in 2010 we pick up Arnott, Tallinder, Volchenkov, and land the biggest off season free agent of them all in Kovalchuk, we will more then likely be keeping Parise, and Elias is still an offensive threat. We have become if not in the league then at least in the East the #1 contender for the Stanley Cup. Fans are tired of seeing the Devils constantly threatening.

For years fans always complained about the defensive minded Devils that slow up the game yet we go out and get the top offensive free agent and people still complain about us. Thats how you know its jealousy.

EDIT: BTW I am at post 667. WIN!

Edited by thegame346

Sounds like the green eyed monster to me. We've lost over the years Stevens, Niedermeyer, Daneyko, Gomez, Rafalski, Madden, Martin just to name a few. Everyone has been waiting for the Devils to finally fade into obscurity, and now in 2010 we pick up Arnott, Tallinder, Volchenkov, and land the biggest off season free agent of them all in Kovalchuk, we will more then likely be keeping Parise, and Elias is still an offensive threat. We have become if not in the league then at least in the East the #1 contender for the Stanley Cup. Fans are tired of seeing the Devils constantly threatening.

For years fans always complained about the defensive minded Devils that slow up the game yet we go out and get the top offensive free agent and people still complain about us. Thats how you know its jealousy.

The people who complain about us wish they were Devils fans.It's nothing but pure jealousy.

Too early to post?...something I've been working on.

Since the Kovy army thing is about to come down form the banner, how about making a new permanent banner with Kovy included? Please? Pretty Please? pray.gif

It should get locked at page 666.

Agreed........

Better to put it down early than see it devolve back into pirate/ninja stuff again

Then again, touche: +1

I think you guys are looking at this too short-term...I say this thread becomes our permanent Kovy update thread. Imagine how many pages we can reach in the next 15 years! Why stop at 666 when we can go for 17,000? :lol:

Thread without end.

Cuz it's time for this board to start functioning normally again.

wow this thread really did fizzle out :blink:

It's Saturday, and a three-day weekend. Most of us are not watching this board right now, especially with him officially signed before the weekend really started.

I imagine the thread picks back up on Tuesday with all manner of trade speculation and salary cap hand wringing and petty arguments, just like old times.

It's Saturday, and a three-day weekend. Most of us are not watching this board right now, especially with him officially signed before the weekend really started.

I imagine the thread picks back up on Tuesday with all manner of trade speculation and salary cap hand wringing and petty arguments, just like old times.

just my luck, the day i am coming down with a cold and decided to stay in, everyone is out haha :argh:

I'll let people "express" themselves another day or two and then off she goes into the history books.

or shall I let it go until 666 pages?

Let it go man. Those lost will get their own epitaph threads.

bigitsover.jpg

Now I gotta go release the hostage. sad.gif

Edited by Masked Fan