New Kovy Update ("As the Kovy Turns")

DevsFan7545

they already have enough forwards. paying that much for a 2nd line wing is/was lunacy. at least when he signs, and you see for what, it will put some of these rumors to bed once and for all.

and if this was an "office" initiative and not a hockey one, it'll have averted alot of damage

• Replies 12.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To NJ:

Anssi Salmella

To ATL:

Niclas Bergfors, Johnny Oduya, Patrice Cormier, 1st round pick

You knew that going in. If you had a problem with it, you should have had a problem with the trade. That they had any chance of signing him was a miracle. It was your classic UFA merc trade.

To NJ:

Anssi Salmella

To ATL:

Niclas Bergfors, Johnny Oduya, Patrice Cormier, 1st round pick

The first round pick was a wash because the Devils made a solid pick in the 2nd round and Oduya's contract being off the books is a plus. Losing Cormier and Bergfors sucks but you gotta make that trade.

so the question is who do the devils go after now. what free agent out should the devils look at signing.

Imo no one really. I just don't see anything out there right now that really helps this team and see no point in overpaying either.

so the question is who do the devils go after now. what free agent out should the devils look at signing.

assuming this is true, they should stand pat. they'll be able to go hogwild in two years but there's no reason to sign anyone, the team is full. if they see the need for a 3rd line center, maybe go after dominic moore or something.

Agreed. Moore or Belanger could be a good cheap pick up. It would allow for a few different looks and give us three very good top centers. Also, we could definitely use a puck moving defenseman if we could actually find one worth picking up.

Agreed. Moore or Belanger could be a good cheap pick up. It would allow for a few different looks and give us three very good top centers. Also, we could definitely use a puck moving defenseman if we could actually find one worth picking up.

there really isn't one worth picking up. if the devils do stand pat they could go after m.a. bergeron, but i suspect they'll just stick with his mexican non-union equivalent in salmela.

i don't think belanger or moore are still on the market because they are cheap. and the devils are only looking for 1 year deals here.

Is it weird that I'm feeling worse about the thread ending than Kovy leaving?

Likewise. There is no chance for a thread this epic until next Summer when Parise has to resign.

Haha, Kovy and the Kings are like that couple that keeps breaking up and getting back together. Both are annoying and hilarious at the same time.

Edited by mmajeski06

sounds like kovie is talking to LA to see if they will budge, if not, he signs with the Devs tomorrow morning.

There's just no way he's signing w/ NJ. He wants LA. He's always wanted LA. If he's not insulted, this ends tonight w/ him in LA.

The world cup nonsense made me laugh though. Who on this continent gives a sh!t.