New Kovy Update ("As the Kovy Turns")

DevsFan7545

Carefully read who posted what. I was responding to Ice Dog.

sorry dan...i forgot to drink my coffee before i wrote that...lol

still...i'm kinda feeling weird about the devils future.

all of a sudden johnny macs the head coach...we got arnott and rolston back...martys on the way out...

and lou is like the emperor with no clothes on.

So maybe he's worried that the Devs will become another Atlanta.

you could be right...LoL!

Edited by ice dog

• Replies 12.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you all need to stop with the LL roller coaster, the guy signs a-train everybody loves him, he stands his ground on kovie everybody hates him. there is a reason why everyone in nhl respects the guy, he gets what he can while maintaining a playoff team, he won't throw it all away just to sign the big name.

Kopitar might be the most underrated player in the NHL right now. He was off to a blazing start last year before his wingers started getting hurt. If he can figure out a way to stay at that level, and have Kovalchuk on his wing, he'll post big numbers - and Kovy will certainly be able to flirt with 50 goals.

In assessing how well he's going to perform with the Kings (and he is going to the Kings) people are also discounting how many more goals he'll score on the powerplay as compared to Atlanta and certainly NJ. Kings were ranked 7th in the league last year, and with Doughty only getting better, Kovy will have the opportunity for more open shots on the powerplay.

40+ goals for the next few years is a very safe bet. I don't see how people can say that one or two seasonswith above 50 goals is out of the question.

If Gaborik was good enough to score 50 goals on the Rangers (which he would have if it weren't for injuries, which Kovy generally hasn't had issues with in his career) I don't see how people think there's no way Kovy can get to 50 goals on a much more offensively dynamic team like the Kings.

Why people sound so sure that not signing Kovy will make Parise a Devs long term ?

Signing Kovy could be difficult (but it's still possible) to make both sign long term... but you don't know what's in the Parise mind...

That will be so " funny " if we loose both of them...

It's hilarious to watch you guys talk about Kovy.

One second it's all like "OMG Kovy is the best yay we want him"

Then it's all like "OMG Kovy is a meanie he's going to LA"

The it's all like "OMG Kovy just sign with us pleeeeease"

Then it's all like "Ninjas"

Then it's all like "Kovy sucks he's going to LA, we can't sign him and Pariseee!!!"

Then it's all like "Kovy sign with NJ already aaargh!!!"

Then it's all like"I'm not coming back to this thread 'till he signs"

Then it's all like "Ninja chic"

Then it's all like "I'm back and Kovy and LL suck, I hate everyone."

It's hilarious to watch you guys talk about Kovy.

One second it's all like "OMG Kovy is the best yay we want him"

Then it's all like "OMG Kovy is a meanie he's going to LA"

The it's all like "OMG Kovy just sign with us pleeeeease"

Then it's all like "Ninjas"

Then it's all like "Kovy sucks he's going to LA, we can't sign him and Pariseee!!!"

Then it's all like "Kovy sign with NJ already aaargh!!!"

Then it's all like"I'm not coming back to this thread 'till he signs"

Then it's all like "Ninja chic"

Then it's all like "I'm back and Kovy and LL suck, I hate everyone."

Needs more Ninjas

Ninjas and Purple Drank are far more entertaining than waiting for someone else who's made more money than I will see in my lifetime make even more money and not even bring me pleasure by playing for my favorite sports franchise. Not to mention, a Russian.

They have the best chance at being the next Blackhawks, as in a team that has a huge turn around from worst to best in about a 3 - 4 year period.

And then have to dump half the people that made it possible because of cap space hell?

Ninjas and Purple Drank are far more entertaining than waiting for someone else who's made more money than I will see in my lifetime make even more money and not even bring me pleasure by playing for my favorite sports franchise. Not to mention, a Russian.

and Dont worry about my Cap!!!

And then have to dump half the people that made it possible because of cap space hell?

What would you rather have...a cup, losing players and being bad for a while or being consistently good and not winning? I know my pick.

sorry dan...i forgot to drink my coffee before i wrote that...lol

still...i'm kinda feeling weird about the devils future.

all of a sudden johnny macs the head coach...we got arnott and rolston back...martys on the way out...

and lou is like the emperor with no clothes on.

you could be right...LoL!

Haha, I know man. I'm not instilled with confidence either, but there are some bright spots to the future here. Gone will be the days of yearly division titles. Just think, in a few years we'll be arguing about making the playoffs instead of failing in them. :giggle:

I do think that they have a solid chance at a Cup run in the next couple of years before a lot of the core is gone, though.

Most likely. Welcome to the glorious new NHL!!

Why people sound so sure that not signing Kovy will make Parise a Devs long term ?

Signing Kovy could be difficult (but it's still possible) to make both sign long term... but you don't know what's in the Parise mind...

That will be so " funny " if we loose both of them...

Unless Parise has made up his mind now that he doesn't want to play for the Devils long term, it's very likely you can lock him up for 7 to 10 years. Unrestricted free agency is two years away, and as he certainly is noticing with Kovalchuk, there's no guarantee that teams will be lining up to sign you no matter how good you are. If Kovy had re-signed here, you'd need to do a significant amount of cap juggling to get a long term deal that starts in 2011. Without Kovy, you can go to Zach tomorrow with a long term deal with a $7 to 7.5 cap hit, and there's a good chance he'll take it before hiring an agent (which nets him something like an extra $300k to 700k a year).

So unless he really doesn't want to be here or Lou plays that stupid "you have to do things the Devils way", he's not going anywhere. I suspect that Vanderbeek won't let the latter happen.

Unless Parise has made up his mind now that he doesn't want to play for the Devils long term, it's very likely you can lock him up for 7 to 10 years. Unrestricted free agency is two years away, and as he certainly is noticing with Kovalchuk, there's no guarantee that teams will be lining up to sign you no matter how good you are. If Kovy had re-signed here, you'd need to do a significant amount of cap juggling to get a long term deal that starts in 2011. Without Kovy, you can go to Zach tomorrow with a long term deal with a $7 to 7.5 cap hit, and there's a good chance he'll take it before hiring an agent (which nets him something like an extra $300k to 700k a year).

So unless he really doesn't want to be here or Lou plays that stupid "you have to do things the Devils way", he's not going anywhere. I suspect that Vanderbeek won't let the latter happen.

And there is no reason really for Parise to want to go elsewhere. Without Kovy, it is pretty clear that he the future, as well as the face of this franchise once Brodeur retires. And once Langs is gone, Parise should get the C.

And there is no reason really for Parise to want to go elsewhere. Without Kovy, it is pretty clear that he the future, as well as the face of this franchise once Brodeur retires. And once Langs is gone, Parise should get the C.

Unless he wants to win the cup and doesn't see it happening in NJ. /shrug

http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=327346

Looks like the Kovy saga will at least live until Tuesday

This was posted last night after the speculation on twitter. But since we aren't hearing anything this morning, it seems more likely that this will not be solved today. At which point, a lot of people will be really pissed off.

This was posted last night after the speculation on twitter. But since we aren't hearing anything this morning, it seems more likely that this will not be solved today. At which point, a lot of people will be really pissed off.

It's only 8 am in LA. They have the wholllleee day ahead of them.

I still want Kovy but I think that he signs in LA. IF not today then shortly after. Game over, IMO.

I think we need a RW to play with Zach and Travis. I like Jamie but I think the top line needs a more dynamic RW. I think it should come via trade too.

I think our much needed PMD should come via trade as well.

As it stand right now, the Devils aren't a cup contender. The core isn't enough. Lou promised big changes and if we don't land Kovy I personally would still like to see some new faces.

I still want Kovy but I think that he signs in LA. IF not today then shortly after. Game over, IMO.

I think we need a RW to play with Zach and Travis. I like Jamie but I think the top line needs a more dynamic RW. I think it should come via trade too.

I think our much needed PMD should come via trade as well.

As it stand right now, the Devils aren't a cup contender. The core isn't enough. Lou promised big changes and if we don't land Kovy I personally would still like to see some new faces.

Zubrus should be the right wing for Zach and Trav. No doubt. Elias and Arnott need a right winger and Langs should be the third line right winger. Wouldn't it be awesome if Tedenby was ready to be the 2nd line right wing?