New Kovy Update ("As the Kovy Turns")

DevsFan7545

Single, are you? :uni: How about this conversation with your wife, who is in the entertainment business.... "Honey, would you like to live in Newark or Los Angeles? Don't worry, it is just for 8 years in the prime of your life."

I hope he does come here because he won't want to go home because his wife will be so pissed at him for signing here, he'll have to stay at the rink and practice all the time.

newark is a 40-60 minute drive from most of the places in manhattan that the kovalchuk family would want to live. while i'm not pretending to read nicole kovalchuk's mind like a lot of people around here, it's not like new jersey is some horrible destination. it is merely clear that the kovalchuk camp would prefer LA, and there's a lot of fine reasons to prefer LA.

Edited by Triumph

• Replies 12.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not near Hollywood.

Okay, it's right across the river from NYC and it is the wealthiest community in the country... JAYZ, P Diddy, The Jonas Brothers, Eddie Murphy, Chris Rock, LL Cool J, and many other celebs live there.

newark is a 40-60 minute drive from most of the places in manhattan that the kovalchuk family would want to live. while i'm not pretending to read nicole kovalchuk's mind like a lot of people around here, it's not like new jersey is some horrible destination. it is merely clear that the kovalchuk camp would prefer LA, and there's a lot of fine reasons to prefer LA.

I agree... although I escaped NJ.

As for living in Manhattan, well, why not just sign wth the Rangers????

Making your money in NJ and then living in nearby Manhattan (as primary residence), would be stupid - you'd get hit with both state tax bills. Make the money in Jersey, live in Jersey, and visit Manhattan whenever you want. I would take the big house and 4 car garage over an apartment anyday personally, but that's just me.

Single, are you? :uni: How about this conversation with your wife, who is in the entertainment business.... "Honey, would you like to live in Newark or Los Angeles? Don't worry, it is just for 8 years in the prime of your life."

I hope he does come here because he won't want to go home because his wife will be so pissed at him for signing here, he'll have to stay at the rink and practice all the time.

Couldn't agree more. His wife is certainly a major factor in this decision. And for the people comparing Alpine, NJ to even any decent upscale neighborhood in Cali is just rediculous. However, let's just hope they had to drive somewhere during the really heavy travel periods. That could be a factor in living out there. Driving in LA is the worst ever. Getting to the Staple Center on gameday in LA is major PITA, as all the awesome living locations are a haul to the arena.

How can anyone fault this guy for wanting to live in Cali and make as much as possible. If it takes time for him to work it out then good for him.

Okay, it's right across the river from NYC and it is the wealthiest community in the country... JAYZ, P Diddy, The Jonas Brothers, Eddie Murphy, Chris Rock, LL Cool J, and many other celebs live there.

She doesn't just want to be rich, she wants to be a movie star so those around her will be Kovalstruck. She doesn't want to be Kovalstuck in New Jersey where she would have to drive her Kovaltruck while it Kovalbucks its way through the Kovalyuck weather and the Kovalmuck (swamplands) because that would really Kovalsuck and would be just her Kovaluck. Rather than be here she'd even rather Kovy play in Anaheim where she could pluck the Kovalduck and she'd even go Kovalup to where her man would be a KovalCanuck. All in all she ain't stickin around NJ just so Kovy can hit the Kovalpuck as a Devil. Na mean?

Couldn't agree more. His wife is certainly a major factor in this decision. And for the people comparing Alpine, NJ to even any decent upscale neighborhood in Cali is just rediculous. However, let's just hope they had to drive somewhere during the really heavy travel periods. That could be a factor in living out there. Driving in LA is the worst ever. Getting to the Staple Center on gameday in LA is major PITA, as all the awesome living locations are a haul to the arena.

How can anyone fault this guy for wanting to live in Cali and make as much as possible. If it takes time for him to work it out then good for him.

Alpine is super super super upscale yes. I am just responding to the person that said they'd rather live in LA than Newark... well duh. Alpine is only one of the many places celebs live in NJ... Upper Saddle River, Franklin Lakes, Harding, Montclair and so on.

She doesn't just want to be rich, she wants to be a movie star so those around her will be Kovalstruck. She doesn't want to be Kovalstuck in New Jersey where she would have to drive her Kovaltruck while it Kovalbucks its way through the Kovalyuck weather and the Kovalmuck (swamplands) because that would really Kovalsuck and would be just her Kovaluck. Rather than be here she'd even rather Kovy play in Anaheim where she could pluck the Kovalduck and she'd even go Kovalup to where her man would be a KovalCanuck. All in all she ain't stickin around NJ just so Kovy can hit the Kovalpuck as a Devil. Na mean?

I see... haha..

Then again.. pretending to know what she wants is just one of the MANY speculations that we have all made about this situation. No one really knows much.

haha, you're right, it's too bad my brother's such a douche, we could be zillionaires I'm sure

You probably could if you were cute, had some connections, then got bagged by a tv channel or record label so they could put a bunch of union musicians behind you to play the real music and every stupid little girl in this country actually thought you had some talent when your guitar really isn't even plugged in...

Alpine is super super super upscale yes. I am just responding to the person that said they'd rather live in LA than Newark... well duh. Alpine is only one of the many places celebs live in NJ... Upper Saddle River, Franklin Lakes, Harding, Montclair and so on.

I see... haha..

Then again.. pretending to know what she wants is just one of the MANY speculations that we have all made about this situation. No one really knows much.

Alpine is where the celebs(Eddie Murphy? Does he even count anymore) in the NYC area live, but please, for many reasons, don't compare that scene to living in Hollywood or Malibu. Apples and oranges.

The rest of the world is way coo coo over celebs. WAY WAY worse than Americans are. You better believe that she wants to live in LA, especially coming from a performing background. It's Cali or bust my friends.

I lol'd

Make it Grad school and I bit.. Honey can you support me with a normal job and throw away your acting career which you are currently make a living off of? He claimed 4 years ... luckily I knew better (8)!

You know - it shows to go you though. You have to marry for love. I felt like I had my dream I hated all the work that was out there (musical theatre) I knew I didn't want to go on Natl tours etc. It was my choice and I knew what I was getting into -- didn't think Oooh I can SAY I want to settle down and then change my mind and spend all his money later heeheehee"

Things change and all but - hmeh -- whatever.