New Kovy Update ("As the Kovy Turns")

DevsFan7545

kovie had the same 10 mil offer from atlanta, which has a far greater arena and a nicer area than nassau. he's not going to go to another non contender for the same price, it's kings or devs period.

kopitar parise is a tie.

brodeur, volchy are the edge.

You're forgetting Doughty, who would be the #1 D-man on the Devils by a country mile.

• Replies 12.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just for sh!ts and giggles, how much do you think Kovalchuk would accept NOT to go to the Isles, assuming $100 million over 10 years is on the table?

Or do you think he would just bolt for Russia?

9 million is wht he's looking for. 8.5 is more likely wht he'll get.

kovie had the same 10 mil offer from atlanta, which has a far greater arena and a nicer area than nassau. he's not going to go to another non contender for the same price, it's kings or devs period.

kopitar parise is a tie.

brodeur, volchy are the edge.

LA has way more talent. Your giving A-Train the edge over Doughty and JJ? You're kidding right?

I feel the complete opposite. To me the longer this takes, the more offers that come in, the more likely it is Lou drops out.

that's not the way it works. You start out with your most amount of offers.

Sry for the triple post. I had a lot to respond to and didn't feel like copy and pasting and opeing new windows...i'm lazy so shoot me

Edited by ben00rs

that's not the way it works. You start out with your most amount of offers.

You'd think, but that doesn't seem to be the case this time.

For a while it just seemed to be Kings/Devs. Then all of a sudden I'm hearing Isles, Avs, and Flyers.

Edited by Jerzey Devil

You'd think, but that doesn't seem to be the case this time.

For a while it just seemed to be Kings/Devs. Then all of a sudden I'm hearing Isles, Avs, and Flyers.

First off, no one knows for sure if the Flyers or Avs are in on it.

Secondly, if they are, you don't know how long they have been in on it. You don't just wake up 3 days into free agency and go "Let's sign Kovalchuk".

Lastly, this isn't a matter of teams coming in with bigger nd better offers and continually one-uping each other. This is matter of, Kovy's stock not being as high as projected so other teams can stay in on the action. Point is, it's not getting much higher money wise and Lou can't offer him the most money anyways. Someone (aside from the Isles) has already upped the Devils for sure. Lou isn't gonna drop out because Kovy got a higher offer.

i haven't heard anything about Avs and Flyers.

Avs and Flyers

Edited by ben00rs

Well if the Kings are out then I'd guess it's the Devils or the money, if the rumors going around are correct. I don't think the Devils can move much from whatever they're probably already offering and the money offers are already significantly higher.

Well if the Kings are out then I'd guess it's the Devils or the money, if the rumors going around are correct. I don't think the Devils can move much from whatever they're probably already offering and the money offers are already significantly higher.

That's what I'm thinking; Kovy, like Hossa, has made a ton of money, he wants to win and get a healthy contract.

Say what you want about elite players (not directed at you 731) but not all of them go for the money.

Well, if the Kings can't meet his needs, then neither can the Devils. Like I said earlier in this thread, Ilya has set his bar so high that nobody can meet it. And that's not the type of player I want on my team. Not only can we not afford it, a player has to realize that the more money he takes for himself, the less the team has to for the talent around him. A player interested in maximizing money isn't interested in winning.

if this is true it definitely increases our odds of keeping him, regarding the flyers and avs arent involved. but it makes sense cause the flyers asked gagne to wave his NTC

Adrian Dater of the Denver Post already confirmed via Twitter the Avs have ZERO interest in Kovy...

Just a quick question - why aren't the Rangers going after Kovy? They have plenty of cap space and an almost complete roster. Kovy is exactly the type of player they usually target, so what gives?

They don't have a lot of cap space. They still need to re-sign Staal and Giradi, which eats a lot of that cap space.

Just a quick question - why aren't the Rangers going after Kovy? They have plenty of cap space and an almost complete roster. Kovy is exactly the type of player they usually target, so what gives?

They can't. The 8 million they have left they need for Staal and Girardi. The only way they can enter is to dump Redden. Besides, what good is Kovalchuk when they already have Gaborik and Erik Christensen as their top center?

They can't. The 8 million they have left they need for Staal and Girardi. The only way they can enter is to dump Redden. Besides, what good is Kovalchuk when they already have Gaborik and Erik Christensen as their top center?

Err, because Kovy is a winger ?...........