Sign in to follow this  
DevsFan7545

New Kovy Update ("As the Kovy Turns")

Only in America would this song be available to buy for 99 cents gosh I love this country.

God bless capitalism.

If the contract gets approved and they trade Travis I'll lose my flippin mind.

Now Lou can move Salvador, Rolston and Zubbs, I'll be sad (for Zubruis) but that would be a miracle.

Scoops

i really really really think Trading Zajac would be super bad... he's our first line center and he's getting better and better... we may be able to get a young future superstar for him or something and it may help after all in a few years...

but i think we would be trading Zach's best buddy in the team and with all the kovie taking the spotlight it may be one thing that would make him "consider" to sign somewhere else...

I'll eat my hat if they trade Zajac.

My guess is that Colin White and Salvador are the two that get moved. It's just a hunch. Halfway decent, relatively inexpensive defenseman are easy to move in this league. Especially "Character" ones.

If they can hold onto Zubes and Rolston, the first 3 lines of this team are insane. Zubrus centering Clarkson and Rolston is a pretty good third line.

Edit: forgot, Whitey has a NTC.. never mind..

Edited by Exit56

Like somebody said before, after day #5 if the NHL doesn't say anything it will be registered automatically. The league may let that happen & then come back a week later and say we didn’t have enough time to study the contract but will register it and it will be “under investigation” (wink wink).

That way Kovy stays and the NHL won’t have a PR nightmare about losing a premier player to the KHL.

Worse case is “IF” & I say that “IF” the league does come back & say this contract or any others are no good they will most likely fine the team draft picks or money.

all these rumors coming through twitter and the all is killing me, there is just too much information and pointless opinions to wade through the noice.

Anyone knows if NHL usually "approves" contracts or just registers them?

Like somebody said before, after day #5 if the NHL doesn't say anything it will be registered automatically. The league may let that happen & then come back a week later and say we didn’t have enough time to study the contract but will register it and it will be “under investigation” (wink wink).

If I was a bettin' man, this is what I'd be banking on.

OK... after coming back from vacation and looking the thread over throughout the day ...

I must confess...

I have ZERO idea how this kept me so entertained most of the Summer. :blink:

Not that there's anything wrong with that :smilegah:

the league cannot plausibly say that it doesn't have time. it takes 10 minutes to review all of the terms of a contract and compare them to similar contracts. jersey shore isn't on again until thursday, so that's out as an excuse too.

the league may just let time run out, but i think that's a really terrible decision on the league's part. it makes the league look unsure of itself - the league would get raked over the coals for that. not that it's that concerned with its public image, but i think it would rather lose a rejection than just twiddle its thumbs until wednesday 5 pm comes and goes.

Edited by Triumph

the league cannot plausibly say that it doesn't have time. it takes 10 minutes to review all of the terms of a contract and compare them to similar contracts. jersey shore isn't on again until thursday, so that's out as an excuse too.

the league may just let time run out, but i think that's a really terrible decision on the league's part. it makes the league look unsure of itself - the league would get raked over the coals for that. not that it's that concerned with its public image, but i think it would rather lose a rejection than just twiddle its thumbs until wednesday 5 pm comes and goes.

and just why do you know the broadcast schedule of this show ?

The league might be afraid of winning a rejection. If they reject the deal, the NHLPA will presumably file a grievance but by the time the arbitration process gets going Kovy may have already signed in the KHL.

While the KHL is certainly not equivalent to the NHL having a top 10 player over there certainly adds legitimacy to the league, especially in the eyes of eastern Europeans.

According to the ny post,'the contract was denied. Unless I'm reading it wrong.

Linked source?

EDIT: I just checked, nothing has been post sooner than the article msweet linked. Splain yourself, please?

Edited by Martyisth3b3st

Link? I don't see anything on their page.

Where on Earth did you see that?

Where on Earth did you see that?

He's just a douche.

"robbs_jerzz

The NY Post is reporting that the NHL rejects Kovalchuk contract"

saw that on someones twitter, maybe thats what he saw but its false

Edited by Zubie#8

I think the league is avoiding giving official approval to any contract they deem to be a circumvention, whether the circumvention is blatant enough to get rejected or not. Maybe Bettman & Co. view it as chips in their pocket when they go to the collective bargaining table, to say, "We never went on record as saying deals like these were OK with us."

The more time passes, the more I think this'll go the way of Hossa where the contract gets registered and he begins playing its term out, but it never gets the official league stamp of approval. It's pretty nutless on the league's part, but at this point what should we expect?

robbs_jerzz

The NY Post is reporting that the NHL rejects Kovalchuk contract

so that on someones twitter

So a random nobody on twitter now constitutes as a legit source. God, the twitter world is going to be the end of us all.