New Kovy Update ("As the Kovy Turns")

DevsFan7545

• Replies 12.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

all of this pessimism is bringing me down...

Thinking about using kickstarter to put together money to pay for Gary Bettman's severance. Think they'd fire him if the fans put up the money to pay for his golden parachute? Not that we don't already, but...

all of this pessimism is bringing me down...

Thinking about using kickstarter to put together money to pay for Gary Bettman's severance. Think they'd fire him if the fans put up the money to pay for his golden parachute? Not that we don't already, but...

wait till we play hated teams like rags and they chant kovie, it's going to be spectacularly annoying.

The NHL has to know that the latest deal would most likely make it through arbitration, seeing as how it fixed every problem Bloch had with the original contract. But they also know that the Devils / Kovalchuk don't have the time to go through another arbitration, and the NHL is taking advantage of it. To blatantly use a team like they have used us in order to get their agenda is beyond despicable. I'm hating this league more and more each day, and if Kovalchuk is not in a Devils uniform for game 1, I am done with the NHL for a while.

Don't forget that the league is conveniently doing this while the PA is without leadership. Not that the league can be blamed for the PA chasing its tail and tripping all over itself for the past several years, but still, it's pretty nutless nonetheless.

Nutless Hoser League, that's your NHL front office.

Please be joking :angry:

Well yeah. Cause everyone is following the CBA at this point...

well by amazing, i think he is funny on the mic. he makes no sense and loves to babble. if you do a search of him on youtube, you get compilations of videos of him botching interviews. there was one interview where it was so bad they had to put subtitles on the bottom

Well, at least theyre still talking

EJHradek_ESPN

None of the issues currently being discussed by NHL/NHLPA are viewed as deal-breakers, but uncertain if there can be an agreement today.

4 minutes ago via TweetDeck

and for a change to the CBA, the PA needs 20 of 30 reps to vote for it (not sure if its been posted already)

well by amazing, i think he is funny on the mic. he makes no sense and loves to babble. if you do a search of him on youtube, you get compilations of videos of him botching interviews. there was one interview where it was so bad they had to put subtitles on the bottom

No, haha... I meant please be kidding that you referenced Scott Steiner on the quote "Was it over when the Germans bomber Pearl Harbor"! That's the great John Belushi!!

The NHL is worse than the government at least Lou say no comment or status quo, but the NHL has shoved so much BS down our throats as fans, it's a shame I never thought I would feel so negative about a sport. And it's no longer Kovi I could haves lived with or without pref with! But the NHL to start CBA negotiations before the NHLPA has a proven leader, and to lie about it and say this is not what it's about.???

dchesnokov Kovalchuk refused to comment on a possible move to the KHL

Sigh.....

I still don't think he'll go to the KHL, there have been too many people close to Kovalchuk (Mama 'Chuk, and Morozov, I believe) have said he wants to play in the NHL.

Chesnokov just posted this pic. Gotta say this is at least a bit encouraging, if he's wearing this while training in Russia (that's Ovechkin on the right):

751706.jpg?1283455323

I think that just clarified exactly where Kovalchuk wants to be.

I still don't think he'll go to the KHL, there have been too many people close to Kovalchuk (Mama 'Chuk, and Morozov, I believe) have said he wants to play in the NHL.

But you gotta think there's a breaking point for him. A point where he just goes "That's it! Fvck this, I'm outta here."