New Kovy Update ("As the Kovy Turns")

If Brooks is correct, I would imagine lifetime deal would be between 13-15 years (up to age 40-42). Meaning it would be worth $7.69M - $6.66M per year.

B )

• Replies 12.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i am afraid they will give him a DiPietro deal and then he gets hurt :blahblah:

Dude, can you resize your ridiculously and unnecessarily large sig?

So...

10-10-10-10-10-10-10-10-7-4-3-2-1-1-1-1

16 years, 100 million. He gets 91 million in the first 10 years. The Devils end up with a cap hit of 6.25 million.

i'd rather have it structured:

10-10-10-10-10-9-9-9-7-6-4-3-1-1-.5-.5

but yeah this is nitpicky.

i'd rather have it structured:

10-10-10-10-10-9-9-9-7-6-4-3-1-1-.5-.5

but yeah this is nitpicky.

It's debatable. A more drastic slope down might be preferable because his low salary versus cap hit when he is like 38 might make him a valuable trade piece.

if 100M is the case then why hasnt he signed already? I dont buy it

Maybe it's this shenanigan lockout thing Kovi is apparently asking for. Perhaps teams would pay up and this extra part is causing the league and/or team fits.

But I agree, I doubt he's gotten a 100 million offer from a good team and hasn't jumped on it.

It's debatable. A more drastic slope down might be preferable because his low salary versus cap hit when he is like 38 might make him a valuable trade piece.

i'd rather have him getting paid something during those final years - i figure the last 4 years, he wouldn't play. i don't think he would be a valuable trade piece, a deal like this is sure to have an NTC.

Give him 15 years, frontload it as much as possible and act surprised when he bolts to the KHL when the big money years are done. Much better than the 7x8.8 offer.

if 100M is the case then why hasnt he signed already? I dont buy it

It could be something crazy like spreading it out over twenty years since Brooks did use the term lifetime. Or maybe this is a new offer from the Devils, after they couldn't make trades to clear cap space for the alleged other offer. Who knows. This just needs to end soon for my sanity.

"NYP_Brooksie: Not confirmed but Ive been told Devils' offer on table to Ilya is 4 breathtaking lifetime deal that will get him the $100M he's sought."

Dr. Evil = Kovie

Number 2 = Grossman

Edited by theamazingtiny

If 100M is the case then this goes way beyond Lou. I has a vanderbeek "do whatever it takes to get him" written all over it.

Sure. He needs to sell out games. I could see it. I mean just look at this thread...its bound to bring in more people.

If 100M is the case then this goes way beyond Lou. I has a vanderbeek "do whatever it takes to get him" written all over it.

I don't buy that, if solely because Lou would retire rather than take orders like that. I'll believe this deal exists when I see it.