TG Rumor: Madden to the Rangers?

NJDevs4978

Two interesting things i am hearing tonight:

1) The Islanders made the biggest offer to Paul Martin.

2) John Madden is looking to come back to the area to play for ......

The RANGERS.

Posted by TG on 07/01 at 09:44 PM

I'm conflicted between rolling my eyes, gaking and laughing.

not surprised by madden coming back to the area - he's said publicly that he's building a house here and where he'll raise his family.

Could be his extracurricular activities last year preclude him from playing anywhere BUT the area and since the Devils probably don't want him back (and I'm not sure he wants to play here either) and Long Island might be a commute depending on where the family lives...

Ya know, I can't even get angry at Mad Dog for this. His eroded abilities were well hidden on the stacked Chicago team, they'll become much more obvious on the Rangers. Poor Madden.

I couldn't agree more.....the dog has lost a few steps since he left the Devils.

I'm conflicted between rolling my eyes, gaking and laughing.

Oh for the love of God NO! Madden a Ranger is just sickening.

Has, is there a link for TG rumor or did you see it on TG's twiter?

I would rather have Madden over Rob Niedermayer and Pelley any day on the 3rd or possibly now the 4th line for the Devils. lou could probably sign Madden for Hedberg amount $1.5M tops.

Edited by SatansDevils

Oh for the love of God NO! Madden a Ranger is just sickening.

Has, is there a link for TG rumor or did you see it on TG's twitter?

I would rather have Madden over Rob Niedermayer and Pelley any day on the 3rd or possibly now the 4th line for the Devils. lou could probably sign Madden for Hedberg amount $1.5M tops.

No dice here SD. IMO Madden has gone the way of Pando, he's pretty much done. Like others have said his short comings were masked on the Hawks team.

He, like Jay has lost his speed which was both of those guys biggest weapons when they were shutting down the NHL offense.

Keep Pelley, he's younger and has a little mean streak/physical.

We need to get rid of-Salvador-Rolston-Niedermayer-Mottau-Langenbrunner. Then sign Kovy and one of Kubina/Kaberle