All Jersey Talk

mmajeski06

This past Saturday at The Rock, I caved and did something I thought I would never do... purchased an RBK Edge jersey. (I have a traditionalist thing when it comes to hockey jerseys...) I've been wearing my RICHER authentic from 1995 since, well, 1995 lol.

Of course, this baby is going to EP for customization, which means one thing: decision time!

I really would love to add HENRIQUE but my inner paranoia is nervous about him being sent down or whatever once Josefson is back.

On the other hand, I've always said to myself that if I ever upgrade to an RBK jersey, It'd be ELIAS' name on the back.

HELP!

This past Saturday at The Rock, I caved and did something I thought I would never do... purchased an RBK Edge jersey. (I have a traditionalist thing when it comes to hockey jerseys...) I've been wearing my RICHER authentic from 1995 since, well, 1995 lol.

Of course, this baby is going to EP for customization, which means one thing: decision time!

I really would love to add HENRIQUE but my inner paranoia is nervous about him being sent down or whatever once Josefson is back.

On the other hand, I've always said to myself that if I ever upgrade to an RBK jersey, It'd be ELIAS' name on the back.

HELP!

A simple rule I follow is never pick a rookie or potential flavor of the month and just pick someone established. If you want someone who is current on the team safe bets would be Elias, Zajac, Kovy, Greene, Volchenkov, etc. I am staying away from players like Tedenby, Henrique, Fayne, etc. I always get a visual reminder of this rule when I see Bergfors jerseys at the arena.

A simple rule I follow is never pick a rookie or potential flavor of the month and just pick someone established. If you want someone who is current on the team safe bets would be Elias, Zajac, Kovy, Greene, Volchenkov, etc. I am staying away from players like Tedenby, Henrique, Fayne, etc. I always get a visual reminder of this rule when I see Bergfors jerseys at the arena.

This was definitely in the back of my mind. I've strongly considered Volchenkov, too. Always was a huge fan of his during his Ottawa days. I remember literally spilling coffee at my desk when I found out the Devils signed him :lol:

Man, I went from having no interest in a new jersey for over 10 years to having a toss-up between 4 players. Ah, waffling.

Exclusive Pro can also strip jerseys and recustomize them, so as long as you don't mind paying for $30 plus another customization and waiting, it's not that big of a risk to get a less proven player. I hate the Edge jerseys so I plan on never buying one, but if I ever did cave in and get one, it would be because I wanted a player that didn't play in the pre-Edge era.

I'm sure you all know of this, but everyone should read about it before you buy an authentic thinking its the same thing the players wear.

http://njdevs.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=113822

I read about it during the pre-season and this is the exact reason why you are seeing more and more fakes at the arena. The fakes every year get better and better while the real ones get lower and lower in quality but keep or raise the prices.

Not a lot of people care if a jersey was made legally or in the sweatshops. Right now with the economy people are thinking more with their wallets and less with their conscience. Plus since the authentics are made in Indonesia now, who is to say these are not produced in a sweatshop also?

• Like 1

I got a question for everybody here. I'm looking to buy an authentic jersey, but I'd like to get one of the old CCM jerseys that were in use before Reebok started making the EDGE jerseys for the NHL. Does anyone have any suggestions on where to get one of these? In particular, I'd like a blank one or one customized with Elias's name and number.

I got a question for everybody here. I'm looking to buy an authentic jersey, but I'd like to get one of the old CCM jerseys that were in use before Reebok started making the EDGE jerseys for the NHL. Does anyone have any suggestions on where to get one of these? In particular, I'd like a blank one or one customized with Elias's name and number.

I have one thats new for sale for a good price, message me if you'd like. It's an RBK but it's the old style pre-edge that was used in 2005-06 and 2006-07.

I read about it during the pre-season and this is the exact reason why you are seeing more and more fakes at the arena. The fakes every year get better and better while the real ones get lower and lower in quality but keep or raise the prices.

Not a lot of people care if a jersey was made legally or in the sweatshops. Right now with the economy people are thinking more with their wallets and less with their conscience. Plus since the authentics are made in Indonesia now, who is to say these are not produced in a sweatshop also?

It's bullsh!t and I wish I knew what I was buying beforehand.

The long and short of it is there is basically NO WHERE to get a good authentic right now thats current with that the team is wearing.

Here's a random one that maybe some of the resident experts could help me with ...

Having just moved to Maryland, I'm pretty bummed to have no local hockey team anymore (and no, the Caps don't count). Looking through all the defunct Baltimore teams, I thought the old Skipjacks sweaters were pretty sweet. They also seem pretty hard to find.

There's one up for auction at Huggins & Scott Auctions, and even though it looks awesome, I'd rather not blow $700 on this.

post-1914-0-24804300-1321472234_thumb.jp

There's also this site called Vintage Hockey Classics that fabricates old jerseys themselves upon order. I understand they aren't really a legit, licensed vendor, but they kinda look like my only hope.

https://vintagehockeyclassics.com/Baltimore_Skipjacks.html

Has anyone ever heard of them? Does anyone know of a better route to go?

Edited by DaneykoIsGod

There's also this site called Vintage Hockey Classics that fabricates old jerseys themselves upon order. I understand they aren't really a legit, licensed vendor, but they kinda look like my only hope.

https://vintagehockeyclassics.com/Baltimore_Skipjacks.html

Has anyone ever heard of them? Does anyone know of a better route to go?

The Skipjacks were once the Washington Capitals farm team. Every once and a while you'll see real replicas or authentics pop up on Ebay. It's got to be better then funding yet another unlicensed vendor. There was a GW that ended for under $300 a few days ago.

Edited by SJP20

The Skipjacks were once the Washington Capitals farm team. Every once and a while you'll see real replicas or authentics pop up on Ebay. It's got to be better then funding yet another unlicensed vendor. There was a GW that ended for under $300 a few days ago.

Yeah, I've seen some of the later jerseys around, but it's the green one I'd like. The later ones just look like old Caps sweaters with a logo that looks like it belongs on a cheesy seafood restaurant.

Skipjacks22CRONINroadfrontG.jpg

I'm in no rush, really, so it can't hurt to wait it out. Thanks.

Edited by DaneykoIsGod

Yeah, I've seen some of the later jerseys around, but it's the green one I'd like. The later ones just look like old Caps sweaters with a logo that looks like it belongs on a cheesy seafood restaurant.

Skipjacks22CRONINroadfrontG.jpg

I'm in no rush, really, so it can't hurt to wait it out. Thanks.

LOL, is that Shawn Cronin's jersey? "Cronin" the Barbarian, love the sleeve modifications.

The Skipjacks were the Penguins farm team for a few years before they switched to the Caps, so you might also find their jerseys in Pens colors with the same logo as on the Caps-era shirts.

Ah, you appear to be correct sir. Pics of that era of Skipjacks jerseys seem to be harder to find. This old Mike Gillis shot is the cleanest one I could find after a quick search (though I think he was Bruins property at the time):

gillis.jpg

That's way less gag-inducing than the Caps-era jerseys. I bet they're harder to find, too.

• 3 weeks later...

You are very far from the first to have either at the arena.

Oh im very far from having the first? lol yeah i saw soooo many larsson jerseys at the rock let alone retros signed by him. and either what? I mentioned one thing????? its like ur offended i said it haha get a life buddy.

And even more dissapointing considering there's no Retro Night this year.

Yes its extremely disappointing i wont be able to wear my jersey because theres no retro night......

Pause nahttt. Im gunna wear it reguardless what jerseys they wear, it doesnt matter what color jersey theyre wearing on the ice unless theyre having a whiteout or something

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.