All Jersey Talk

mmajeski06

DevsMan84 - thanks for the additional insights about the Team Classics and Vintage Hockey jersey lines. I guess I've been lucky (either that or haven't looked super-closely) with the Vintage Hockey series jerseys I've bought; I haven't had any issues with construction quality. (Like you, I also bought the blue KC Scouts replica that SportsK started selling back in January of this year; I've also bought the Vintage Hockey versions of both Devils retros I mentioned above and a blue Colorado Rockies replica as well.)

One question for you - how does someone buy Team Classics versions of the retro jerseys for teams besides the Devils? I was looking at SportsK and CoolHockey for retro jerseys, and all of the ones they sell appear to be from the Vintage Hockey line. (On a related note, I know for a period of time a few months ago CoolHockey was selling both the Devils "Stadium Series" jersey, i.e. the Team Classics jersey AND the Devils "throwback" jersey, i.e. the Vintage Hockey jersey; FWIW they had the Vintage Hockey jersey priced lower.) I don't intend to buy any non-Devils related retro NHL jerseys except possibly an original San Jose Sharks one, but I'm just curious.

I know not every team has a Team Classics version of their jerseys out. I know the Devils retro, the Rangers 1994 version and one more I can't think off the top of my head (leaning towards Pittsburgh) are the only ones that I've seen in the Team Classics line. I think those are considered the "superior" retro line that Reebok/Adidas (they own CCM) are putting out as that is the line they have on display at the NHL jersey in New York.

Also I forgot to mention that it is common knowledge that the old CCM 550 replicas never had knockoffs made, the except is the CCM vintage line had knockoffs made. They pop up on eBay all the time and you can tell them from the real vintage line as the knockoffs have smaller inside neck tags and the "V" on them is orange instead if the yellowish color the real ones have.

I think the "Stadium Series" jerseys that are being sold are the exact same jerseys that have been sold as the Devils' alternate/St. Patrick's Day jersey the last few years.  Unlike every other team that played a Stadium Series game this season, there were no new Reebok-tagged, Devils jerseys that were manufactured for the Devils' Stadium Series game.  Based on what I've read here and elsewhere, there are very, very few Reebok-tagged Devils retro/alternate jerseys floating around; almost all of the Devils red and green retros you see are either "Team Classics" CCM or "Vintage Hockey" CCM jerseys.

Very interesting. I always wondered if the NHL was ever going to produce reebok premier stadium series devils jerseys. I think they missed out on tons of merchandise sales.

Very interesting. I always wondered if the NHL was ever going to produce reebok premier stadium series devils jerseys. I think they missed out on tons of merchandise sales.

Honestly I think it is more of Reebok being lazy than anything.  They don't like to make batches of jerseys only for a few to sell.  The retro Reebok's were authentics so they had an MSRP of about $300-350 each.  How many people are going to buy those?

Reebok likes to make things as simple (and cheap) as possible for themselves.  This is why they wanted the cookie-cutter design of the SS jerseys for all teams.  The other thing they did is that for the teams that did the cookie-cutter design, none of the jerseys had authentic versions for retail except for the Kings.  Therefore if you wanted an authentic (not replica) Rags, Chicago, Pens, Islanders, or Anaheim jersey you had to buy either a game worn or game issued jersey.

Do you think nhl need a new company to make jersey like the nfl did?

Well anyone is better than Reebok right now, but when their contract with the NHL expires in a couple of years I doubt they will move to another company.  Nike might give some competition but I really doubt it and I think they will stay.

I say either next season or the season after we will see Reebok's parent company Adidas putting their logos on the jerseys as apparently they want to make Reebok into a fitness fashion brand primarily geared towards women (but they will have men's stuff too).

Hey guys im looking for a patrik elias black ice jersey size large if anyone can help

Good luck as those were replaced by the "Accelerator" line that was slightly different, and I am not sure if those are still for sale.

Also be careful of the "black ice" jerseys you see on ebay or most places online.  For every real Black Ice jersey I have seen, I have seen at least 5 fakes.  The real ones were only made as replicas so if it has a fight strap just stay away.

if youre worried about getting someone who is going to potentially be here for a while than i wouldnt bother to get a jagr.. yea hes signed for next season but i cant seem him being here any longer than that.

Hey guys, looking to get a new jersey this summer. Before the season ended I decided I was going to get either a Jagr or Schneider. Do you guys think it's likely that Cory will sign a long term deal?

Schneider is hard to say but if you want a jagr go for it. He is one of those timeless names so no issue.

I have bunch fakes might get some new player myself. I wanna get a retro one green one

Just don't.

if youre worried about getting someone who is going to potentially be here for a while than i wouldnt bother to get a jagr.. yea hes signed for next season but i cant seem him being here any longer than that.

Schneider is hard to say but if you want a jagr go for it. He is one of those timeless names so no issue.

Yea I'm kinda stuck here. I want to get a player that's going to be here for a while, but in this day and age that's really hard to tell, even if someone signs a long contract. I guess I'll wait and see what FA brings...

Yea I'm kinda stuck here. I want to get a player that's going to be here for a while, but in this day and age that's really hard to tell, even if someone signs a long contract. I guess I'll wait and see what FA brings...

Henrique or Zajac

The 2 safest options

Henrique or Zajac

The 2 safest options

You also have the timeless options who are on the team next year:

Elias

Jagr (he is good everywhere)

and possibly Marty if he plays

Hmmm yea all good choices. Man now I can't decide haha...

• 1 month later...

I'm not sure if anyone would 've willing to pay this much for Retro Edge Authentics but here's the eBay link:

http://m.ebay.com/itm/291171334603

That's good old JerseyBaron and he has had them now for a little under 2 weeks.  Those are 100% legit Made-in-Canada 2.0's as he never sells knockoffs and he always states if it is an Indo-Edge.  His stuff is always good but he will charge you full retail for them.  $375 is actually about the MSRP for these (Made in Canada 2.0's have an MSRP of $350.00 now) so he is not really ripping anyone off, it's just the going price.  Not only that, but he knows he is the only person on not only eBay who has them, but the only person online and even brick and mortar stores.  Icejerseys, shop.nhl.com, coolhockey, sportsk, RCS and others do not and will not have these so really JB is the only avenue if you want one of these or you can try to pick up a GI for $595-1000 or a Game Worn starting at $1500 from Meigray.

Not only that, but he will knock a few dollars (not a whole lot but a few) if you ask him nicely and he will probably do it off of eBay.

Where do you guys usually get blank jerseys to send to EP? Do they sell youth sizes as well?

Replica's off of eBay usually as I have bought them usually for $30-60 and if I want an authentic I usually go eBay (beware of thousands of fakes) or through private collectors on jersey collector forums.

Sometimes sportsk or another site will have discounted jerseys too from time to time.

Replica's off of eBay usually as I have bought them usually for $30-60 and if I want an authentic I usually go eBay (beware of thousands of fakes) or through private collectors on jersey collector forums.

Sometimes sportsk or another site will have discounted jerseys too from time to time.

How can you tell if the ones on eBay are fake?

How can you tell if the ones on eBay are fake?

This is a good website that applies to all teams:

http://canucks.nhl.com/club/page.htm?id=66864

The most obvious is the fight strap.  The real mccoy is doublestiched at the attachment using twill.  The fakes just use a swatch of the jersey material and very sloppily stitched on.  Plus the fight strap of the fakes are usually shorter, thinner and just bad quality in general.

Next most obvious is the bubbling of the main crest.  It shouldnt be bubbly and neither should the customization.  Even the heat-pressed replicas do not have this issue, just the fakes.

Final most obvious is the sh!tty NHL shield on the front neck collar.  The fakes look terrible compared to the real thing and the replicas.

Also if you see a jersey that has a number size (52,54,56, etc) that the authentics use and it's $30-75, then odds are it's fake.  Rarely are people that stupid or oblivious to sell a genuine authentic for that cheap.

• 2 weeks later...

icejerseys.com is running a special that ends tonight at mid night.. they are doing customizations for $10 .. i know its last minute but figured i would throw it up in here in case anyone was interested in scooping up a jersey!

icejerseys.com is running a special that ends tonight at mid night.. they are doing customizations for $10 .. i know its last minute but figured i would throw it up in here in case anyone was interested in scooping up a jersey!

The IceJerseys sale was extended until Sunday night.  Additionally, they have IndoEdges* on sale for $200 and the customization sale is also applicable for them.

CoolHockey also has a customization sale this weekend - free customizations.  Because IceJerseys has free ground shipping on orders over $85 while CoolHockey charges $10 for ground shipping to U.S. locations, I think two retailers have essentially the same price on their replicas with customization during their sales (about $135 per jersey).

I'm unsure how good IceJerseys' or CoolHockey's customization is.  Hopefully DevsMan84 and others on here can provide insight.

*IndoEdges, for those who aren't aware, are NOT legitimate authentics.  I would view them as higher grade replicas, better than the premiers, not as good as the true authentics worn by the players; DevsMan84 and others who are more knowledgeable about jerseys than I am can probably provide more details.  The IndoEdges are analogous in some ways to the middle level of NFL jerseys sold by NFL.com and some other retailers.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.