All Jersey Talk

mmajeski06

So, I was in the NHL Store in NYC yesterday. I was looking around and came across the throwback jerseys. I looked at the first one and saw they actually had a Brodeur #29. I didn't know these were made for retail. Anyone else see these before?

Mike

So, I was in the NHL Store in NYC yesterday. I was looking around and came across the throwback jerseys. I looked at the first one and saw they actually had a Brodeur #29. I didn't know these were made for retail. Anyone else see these before?

Mike

They prob made it in store.

Anyone care to offer any insight as to the sizing of these Jerseys on Hockey Outlet?

http://www.hockeyoutlet.com/HOprodinfo.php?category=RBKNHLAuthenticJersey&manufacturer=Reebok&productSKU=RBKAuthJrsyNJDRd&producttitle=Reebok

It took over a week, but they finally replied to my email question about the 'EURO' sizing.

This is what they wrote:

Our drop down size selection shows the Euro chest size next to the

comparable US chest size and jersey size (Euro 52/US 42/Medium). A Euro

size 52 is comparable to a US size 42 which, in general, would be considered

a size medium.

Thank you for your reply.

In the drop down menu for the Reebok Edge Pro Authentic Hockey Jerseys you

should see three separate sizing identifiers;

1. European (Euro) sizing (usually between 46 and 60)

2. United States (US) sizing (usually between 36 and 50)

3. Jersey size in terms of small through XX-Large

Each line in the drop down box should then look like this;

- Euro 46/US 36/XSmall

- Euro 50/US 40/Small

- Euro 52/US 42/Medium

A Euro size 52, therefore, is comparable to a US size 42 which, in general,

would be considered a size medium.

Please let us know if this helps explain the situation better.

Thanks again for your reply.

And my reply back to them:

Thanks for the reply; I'm aware of what is in the drop down box. Perhaps we aren't on the same page. There is no 'Euro' sizing for RBK Authentic Edge jerseys. They come in sizes 46 through 60. You are the only retailer I have seen advertising 'Euro' sizes. I don't know why that is, but there is no 'US 36' size for this jersey, so I don't know what you are referring to.

I have to assume that based on this that the jerseys you are selling must not be RBK Authentic. I have attached a picture showing the sizes of Authentic jerseys, again sizes US 46-60. There is no US 36.

I don't mean to be a pain, but if I'm going to spend the money I need to be sure it's the real thing.

Thanks,

And their response again:

Thank you for your reply.

We sell the Reebok Authentic jerseys as 'Euro' sizing because, according to numerous clothing conversion/sizing websites, 46 to 60 are the actual size numbers used for determining European mens chest sizes. US mens chest sizes are actually determined using sizes 36 through 50.

A US mens chest size 46 is generally considered to be an X-Large in all other forms of shirt type garments. If a size 46 authentic jersey is sold as the smallest size available in that item, any US male that wears a size small, medium or even large shirt would pretty much be excluded from being able to wear the jersey. Seeing that that is obviously incorrect, we decided to do the proper conversions to better help our domestic customers make a better informed decision as to what size will properly fit them.

Make no mistake, though, these are real Reebok NHL Authentic Hockey Jerseys.

We hope this answers your questions to your satisfaction. Should you have any further questions, please feel free to ask.

Am I being retarded here?

Edited by Blown01NJ

A little help if possible?

Trying to get customised jerseys overe her is a nightmare, you either import a jersey where the postage is close to the same cost as what you are buying or you sit there waiting for one on eBay, and finding real genuine ones takes forever.

i saw this pop up the other day:

My link

Now for £40 i am sure it is a fake, but since i have never seen a real one in person how does this compare to a low end replica?

The guy seems to have a load more (there is an LA kings Kopitar jersey i would like as well).

I have accidentally brought a fake Brian Gionta jersey before (pictures looked awesome, 100% feedback (not anymore) and only selling the one item (i think they got ripped off and then decided to offload it to me) and it looked like crap, this looks a lot better?

Ignoring the Ethical issues behind it etc what are peoples oppinions on the standard of this jersey?

Cheers

In my opinion, they're not too bad. I have one (I wear it to games, but I also play hockey in it, and I'm not buying a 330 dollar jersey to play hockey in). It's stitched and the color is accurate, but, but the numbers are made of a different material (closer to what Starter used on their jerseys) and the top white stripe is a little bit thin. That jersey looks like it does not have the shiny number issue that some fakes have, but who knows what it looks like in person. The fakes tend to run a size too small...you live in a different country, I doubt anyone would know or care, and you'd probably be fine with the jersey. Just my two cents here.

BTW, speaking of guys like Dorholt, he does very good work. I have a white throwback Richer, and it looks great. Remember, these are reproduction jerseys, and not actual authentics. I doubt you can find authentic throwback jerseys these days. EP is definitely the best route if you want everything authentic. They also do flawless customization. EP is the company who customizes the actual jerseys players wear, so you know the product you paid for will be high quality.

BTW, speaking of guys like Dorholt, he does very good work. I have a white throwback Richer, and it looks great. Remember, these are reproduction jerseys, and not actual authentics. I doubt you can find authentic throwback jerseys these days.

They pop up every now and then on ebay.

I've been looking at a site called USA jerseys wholesale and before I go on a crazy buying spree I need to know...

http://www.nfl-buy.com/nhl-jerseys-new-jersey-devils-c-74_138

Knockoffs?

Without a doubt. They look like crap.

Meigray has a white 54 authentic for sale in the clearance section. RBK 1.0. $75

Customize it with Exclusive Pro for like $60. That would be a nice looking jersey for not a lot of money.

135 is still a lot for a jersey for a good number of people.

Authentic for $35-$40 more than a replica?

And at half the regular cost of an authentic? Meh what more do you want me to do?

Edited by mac760

And at half the regular cost of an authentic? Meh what more do you want me to do?

lol

You can't find a deal better than the one you proposed, that's for sure.

The amount of hideous Red/Green jersey knockoffs I see at games is crazy!

That is just one way of spinning it. When you only have $60 total to spend on a jersey with a name, it is just a matter of saying you just do not have the budget to spend but you want a jersey to wear to games, so knock-offs are the way to go sometimes. Just saying that it is only 30-40 more than a replica doesnt help if I only have a bugdet of $60 and I do not want to spend a lot of money on something you wear maybe a couple dozen times a year to a game.

Out of 13 jerseys in my collection, only 1 of them is a knockoff. Yeah it is not perfect and has some obvious flaws, but it doesnt look nearly as bad as some of the people here are commenting on.

I also have 2 authentics I am looking to unload but they are CCM style Tampa Bay and Oilers jerseys.

That is just one way of spinning it. When you only have $60 total to spend on a jersey with a name, it is just a matter of saying you just do not have the budget to spend but you want a jersey to wear to games, so knock-offs are the way to go sometimes. Just saying that it is only 30-40 more than a replica doesnt help if I only have a bugdet of $60 and I do not want to spend a lot of money on something you wear maybe a couple dozen times a year to a game.

Out of 13 jerseys in my collection, only 1 of them is a knockoff. Yeah it is not perfect and has some obvious flaws, but it doesnt look nearly as bad as some of the people here are commenting on.

I also have 2 authentics I am looking to unload but they are CCM style Tampa Bay and Oilers jerseys.

I have a solution for that; t-shirts. If the budget won't support a jersey it that is a great way around it.

It has been said many times there are good ways to get around the pricing but if people want a knock off go for it. But don't be sad when it looks lousy. And for $45 you know it will look lousy. I mean come on my 2 yr old kid could draw better numbers than those jerseys in the link had.

I have a solution for that; t-shirts. If the budget won't support a jersey it that is a great way around it.

It has been said many times there are good ways to get around the pricing but if people want a knock off go for it. But don't be sad when it looks lousy. And for $45 you know it will look lousy. I mean come on my 2 yr old kid could draw better numbers than those jerseys in the link had.

A t-shirt is great too, but what if someone really wants a jersey but cannot shell out that much for it?

Plus the knock-off I got for $37 was not bad. The faults were: numbers on sleeves were too small, the stitching on the name was a little crooked on 1 letter but can only notice it when you look close, and the color red they used was a little off. However, the font was indeed correct and it was STITCHED on. So right there they do better than nhl.com.

Plus I remember getting a replica CCM jerseys for $65 on average. Now a replica jersey costs $90-$120. Way to give fans the shaft from the NHL switching to the EDGE jerseys. The average fan does not need the sweat suppresor technology when they wear it while eating nachos at a game.

A t-shirt is great too, but what if someone really wants a jersey but cannot shell out that much for it?

Plus the knock-off I got for $37 was not bad. The faults were: numbers on sleeves were too small, the stitching on the name was a little crooked on 1 letter but can only notice it when you look close, and the color red they used was a little off. However, the font was indeed correct and it was STITCHED on. So right there they do better than nhl.com.

Plus I remember getting a replica CCM jerseys for $65 on average. Now a replica jersey costs $90-$120. Way to give fans the shaft from the NHL switching to the EDGE jerseys. The average fan does not need the sweat suppresor technology when they wear it while eating nachos at a game.

Save.

The jersey I like the most is the one I scrimped and saved for when I was in HS.

Save.

The jersey I like the most is the one I scrimped and saved for when I was in HS.

I'd rather save for a new place in a few years than pumping extra dollars into another jersey. I do like collecting jerseys but it is pretty low on my priority list. Years ago when I still lived with my parents and had a lot more extra cash on me and didn't have as many bills, saving for a jersey was def an option. Saving for a house def trumps saving for a jersey at least for me and prob some other people.

I'd rather save for a new place in a few years than pumping extra dollars into another jersey. I do like collecting jerseys but it is pretty low on my priority list. Years ago when I still lived with my parents and had a lot more extra cash on me and didn't have as many bills, saving for a jersey was def an option. Saving for a house def trumps saving for a jersey at least for me and prob some other people.

You're mentioning collecting jerseys then complaining about costs? :rolleyes:

And as I've said from the start I don't care if you buy a knock off. Just with a bit of effort there are better options available.

You're mentioning collecting jerseys then complaining about costs? :rolleyes:

And as I've said from the start I don't care if you buy a knock off. Just with a bit of effort there are better options available.

I bought a majority of my jerseys before the bills started to roll in. If you are alright financially, then collect away, but now these days if I want a new jersey, I have few options.

And true on your second part, just that I see comments made here about knockoffs. I know it is a hobby for some people and I think it is a really cool hobby, but like any hobby it is not for everyone.

For someone looking for a good deal on a legit jersey, here you go.

Away jersey, size 54, Edge 1.0, $75, and it's from Meigray so you know it's 100% legit. I'm pretty sure it was meant to be used by the team on the ice, but is overstock that was returned to Meigray.

Edited by devilsfan26

So, I finally buy the CCM Throwback jersey through NHL.com and I notice this jersey is lighter than the Reebok Premier Replica jerseys. I'm actually a bit concerned if this jersey is going to hold up to the customization process.

Here's the jersey

2011-03-21194801.jpg

Here's me wearing it

2011-03-21194839.jpg

Came out a little big on me, but I can live with that. Now, I have to hunt for the 75th Anniversery patch and pray I find the Devils 10th anniversery patch for the back. Never understood why the devils put it on the lower back, but oh well.

Mike

T-shirts are great in the warmer weather days, but not when your coming from the city, using public trans and it's in the 30's. That's when a Jersey comes in handy.

Mike

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.