Should Devils turn their attention to acquiring Bobby Ryan

njbuff

If this game with Kovalchuk continues, Lou should just turn his attention to TRYING to get Bobby Ryan in here.

Parise, Zajac and Ryan is a terrific first line.

Hey I can dream, can't I.

I know that there are a lot of factors going into getting Ryan, but maybe Lou is trying to work something out here.

You never know.

IMHO, Ryan is the last thing the Devils need. While his finishing skills are great, he is slow and not the type of playmaker that would compliment Zajac or Parise. Those 2 guys could really benefit from playing with a Brierre or Savard type player.

IMHO, Ryan is the last thing the Devils need. While his finishing skills are great, he is slow and not the type of playmaker that would compliment Zajac or Parise. Those 2 guys could really benefit from playing with a Brierre or Savard type player.

Agreed. I'd consider Ryan a power forward of sorts...but then again, Langs isn't exactly Mr. Speedy and he did just fine with zajac and parise a short year ago. So who knows.

As someone else said, the devils would never offer the compensation for him by trying to sign him to an offer sheet..and I feel like the devils would have to part ways with some serious talent to aquire him via trade.

We don't have the compensation to make an offer sheet.

Plus, the Ducks will match any offer sheet, and the Devils don't need another forward.

Good young player, but will cost far too much to acquire.

There are a lot of UFA's that we could sign that will help the team and not cost us the future.

Side note: Toronto is stock piling Defensemen and so are the Flyers.

Kaberle and Corburn are as good as gone.

We have a limit of something like 4 million dollars for a RFA because we dont have a 2nd rd pick to send back (Arnott deal).

So lets say we ordered the maximum we could to only give up a 1st and a 3rd, it's only like 4.2 million, and Ryan probably wouldn't go for that.

Ryan's looking for money that puts him at the same scale as Getzlaf and Perry, though he has yet to show he deserves that kind of raise. With each of them making $5.325 annually against the cap, you have to figure Bobby Ryan is looking for $5mil/yr.

Unless this is an incentive laden contract, he isn't likely to get it.

Ryan's looking for money that puts him at the same scale as Getzlaf and Perry, though he has yet to show he deserves that kind of raise. With each of them making $5.325 annually against the cap, you have to figure Bobby Ryan is looking for $5mil/yr.

He already turned down 25M/5yr deal, right?

NO WAY!! We need to start looking for the future. I dont know about you guys but losing two first round picks in consecutive years would be a pretty bad blow to our potential prospect pool. Signing Bobby Ryan would probably lose us our 1st 2nd and 3rd Round picks in next years draft and we need to eventually pick a solid goaltender to replace that fat slob when he retires. Look at the Rangers, they are building a young team (although they suck right now) so in the next 5 years they are gonna be a dangerous team

NO WAY!! We need to start looking for the future. I dont know about you guys but losing two first round picks in consecutive years would be a pretty bad blow to our potential prospect pool. Signing Bobby Ryan would probably lose us our 1st 2nd and 3rd Round picks in next years draft and we need to eventually pick a solid goaltender to replace that fat slob when he retires. Look at the Rangers, they are building a young team (although they suck right now) so in the next 5 years they are gonna be a dangerous team

You're suggesting that Glen Sather will find a cure for his stupidity?

So far this offseason it seems like glen sather has stayed the course of keeping his young talent and not going out and signing a big name moron

The Boogaard signing hits two of the three!

Also, it looks like they only have about $4.5mil in cap space. Prospal and Boogaard were their big signings.

That Drury contract - and the Brashear contract - are really handicapping that team.

Edited by insanity_gallops

:doh1::troll1:

We have a limit of something like 4 million dollars for a RFA because we dont have a 2nd rd pick to send back (Arnott deal).

So lets say we ordered the maximum we could to only give up a 1st and a 3rd, it's only like 4.2 million, and Ryan probably wouldn't go for that.

when are you going to change your name to CMONJohnny