Elias would like Devils to trade for Kaberle

nyrsuck26

http://www.nj.com/devils/index.ssf/2010/07/patrik_elias_says_tomas_kaberl.html

"Personally, I wouldn't be the only one to love to play with that guy," Elias said. "It's unbelievable how he controls the game. I think he'd be a wonderful addition to our team.

"Toronto's been talking for three years that they want to trade him."

also...

In passing, Elias also said he wouldn't mind seeing former linemate Petr Sykora invited for a tryout at some point. Elias, Sykora and Jason Arnott once formed the Devils' A Line.

"He should get a tryout. He needs to get healthy first," Elias said of Sykora, who underwent group surgery this past spring.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Who would we trade for Kaberle? I don't think it's going to happen.

It could be another expensive rental again. I dont think its worth it or we need to. IMO., our defense really improved with volchekov and tallindar.

And why not Sykora for league min?

I'd rather have tedenby in the lineup.

I wonder how much of this is just a product of Elias not wanting to say bad things about other people in the press. Is there any player we could directly ask him about that he wouldn't say something like "Oh ya, that guy would totally help because he's so quality"

His Sykora praise is anything but glowing. :lol: He basically said someone should allow Sykora to show up for free for the chance to show he can hack it still.

Elias liked the suggestion of Sykora coming to training camp as a tryout if he is healthy enough to do so.

Where did this suggestion come from? I'd rather go with out up and comers, especially after ready what Marty wrote about Sykora in his book.

Edit: I'd rather go with our up and comers

Edited by DEV1LDR1VER

:lol: I was kinda crosseyed and read "Devils would like to trade Elias for Kaberle"

Instead of Rolston-Langenbrunner...I'd prefer Rolston-White or at least Rolston-Salvador. We've already expressed we have too many defensive defenseman, and I'd hate losing a RW as thin as we are in that position

I wonder how much of this is just a product of Elias not wanting to say bad things about other people in the press. Is there any player we could directly ask him about that he wouldn't say something like "Oh ya, that guy would totally help because he's so quality"

His Sykora praise is anything but glowing. :lol: He basically said someone should allow Sykora to show up for free for the chance to show he can hack it still.

I agree with this.