Elias would like Devils to trade for Kaberle

nyrsuck26

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sykora's Agent: Hello Mr. Lamoriello. My client, Petr Sykora, is interested in proving he's still a player of value at your team's training camp this fall.

Lou: Don't worry about my camp!

On the other hand, he could just say, "Worry about my cap" and Sykora would think he doesn't have the money to sign him.

I'm surprised that nobody's mentioned the fact that Elias is talking about how he'd like to have a player that's currently under contract with another team on the Devils.

I know that if a coach or executive says something like that, we're heading into tampering territory, are the rules different for players?

I'm surprised that nobody's mentioned the fact that Elias is talking about how he'd like to have a player that's currently under contract with another team on the Devils.

I know that if a coach or executive says something like that, we're heading into tampering territory, are the rules different for players?

TG has edited his article to remove any specific references to tomas kaberle.

Kaberle would be nice but what would we have to give up to get him?

And why not Sykora for league min?

I think a more likely scenario (as opposed to people talking about a Rolston trade--he's going nowhere without giving up a 1st rounder), would maybe be Corrente + Langenbrunner for Kaberle. And that might be too much given Kaberle's 1-year remaining on his deal. But if NJ could re-sign Kabs for 3 years or something, might be worth it.

"Personally, I wouldn't be the only one to love to play with that guy," Elias said. "It's unbelievable how he controls the game. I think he'd be a wonderful addition to our team.

"Toronto's been talking for three years that they want to trade him."

Patrik Elias is the voice of NJ Devils fans :koolaid:

I googled it and nothing comes up. Must be TG mishearing/interpreting/understanding something. He had abdominal surgery but I don't know if a group of surgeons was needed. Or maybe he let the Devils medical staff handle the procedure?

I think he just meant that Sykora had both surgeries at once. Just a guess.

that's a great idea Patrik.

how about this: sign Kovalchuk

Elias for Kaberle

thanks for your input.

This is brilliant!!! Devil fans would get to save thousands of dollars when we don't make the playoffs and Elias might make Toronto a viable playoff team.

Brilliant.

Anyone who says Patty should be traded should not be considered a liable Devils fan and should be banished. :burn: I think our D is good, but Kaberle would put our defense in an extremely solid position. I think that the only defenseman that WE have that Burke would want is maybe Whitey. Whitey still hits for how old he's getting, and he might bring a little leadership to the Leafs. Who would disagree with Rolston + White for Kaberle?