A black Devils 3rd jersey?

mikeford

So is this rare at least or just one in a long line of ugly Devils jerseys?

I actually used to own one of those when I was younger. Wish I could find it but I'm assuming my mother donated it or something.

Don't know how rare it is, but it's been quite awhile since they were sold at retail (I would guess mid-to-late 90s).

So is this rare at least or just one in a long line of ugly Devils jerseys?

I guess they're kinda rare these days but I remember them being easy to find in stores around 1998 or so. If you're trying to figure out how much it is worth, I'd say probably not that much since I've never heard of anyone really looking for one.

I had the salesman/prototype sample of this black Starter jersey. It had different trim on it then the finsihed product, more red on the hem and cuffs. Sold it on eBay awhile back i think i got low 3 figures for it because it was a medium. Had it been a large, no question i would have gotten more.

I see this jersey at least once almost every time I go to the Rock. I personally do not care for this jersey, but some people like them and at least it did not stray too far from the current look. I would say this is just somewhat uncommon, but not rare. Might be worth something new or in great condition, other than that you can prob make between $40-100 for it. I remember seeing this in the late 90's in the stores around the time Pro-player was making those jerseys where the black shoulder parts were incorrect and formed a peak down the sleeve. I got one of those for $20 and use it as a spare if I bring a friend who doesnt have a jersey and wants to wear one.

I think also, if my memory is correct, the black jersey along with the other Starter hockey jersey variations were created to appeal to the more "urban" and younger crowd. This did not work all too well, but it was an interesting try.

This ones better than the half road,half home jerseys that were sold around the same time.

Mike

I just saw one of these (adult Medium) go on eBay yesterday for 7.99. Almost picked it up for fun.

But yes to agree with earlier posts Starter did quite a few teams in a black jersey in the 90s. Sorta cool just depends on if you like it or not.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.