Work rant

RunninWithTheDevil

why does CVS suck so hard? I don't think i've ever worked for a more sh!tty corporation than CVS. In August it will be a year there and i've been looking for new work for 3 months now. I just dont understand how a company that prides themselves on "being green" and offering "green" products gets away with printing a 5 foot tall (I sh!t you not) receipt when you buy 9 or so items. Most of the managers in my store are half-tard anyway, and i have about 5 or 6 bosses who all tell me different things they want done and different ways to do them. The other day my one manager tells me to put a whole bunch of razors in a box and bring them downstairs. I start dismantling the display and what happens? one of my other 5 managers comes up and starts reaming me in front of a customer for doing something i was not told, but ordered to do. Not to mention the fact that ever since we got a new head manager, its become fvcking Nazi Germany in our store. 3 employees fired in the past 4 weeks (2 of which were here for over 7 years). We can't buy anything unless we call a manager and wait for them to take their sweet ass time coming to the register. No cell phones, no talking while on register, oh and EVERYTIME you leave the store, a manager has to literally SIFT through your bag in front of the camera to show you didnt steal anything. It never about awarding employees, respect, or anything like that. CVS is just trying to protect that bottom line, and the interests of the shareholders. I just had to vent because i know some of you have worked for this sh!t-show of a company before and i want to hear your side.

In fairness, most of what you mentioned towards the end there (no cell phones, management ringing sales, bag searches, etc) is par for the course in all of retail. And honestly, if you want to use your cell phone on the sales floor you shouldn't be there anyway, that's just awful customer service.

Most everything else, though, I'm with ya on. And you're definitely not the first person I've heard that absolutely abhors their job at CVS.

What part of NJ are you looking for a job in, and how old are you? (I only ask because you're not going to find anywhere much better in retail if you're under 18.)

ill be 20 next month, anything around the passaic/bergen county area. I work at the CVS in Glen Rock right now, hopefully ill have an internship next year

basically all of my managers are half-tards, so 2 or 3 managers usually equal 1 real manager. Corporate wastes wages on these douchetards and im stuck with losing my %2 raise after a year.

Edited by RunninWithTheDevil

ill be 20 next month, anything around the passaic/bergen county area. I work at the CVS in Glen Rock right now, hopefully ill have an internship next year

basically all of my managers are half-tards, so 2 or 3 managers usually equal 1 real manager. Corporate wastes wages on these douchetards and im stuck with losing my %2 raise after a year.

The company I work for has a store in Paramus Park Mall and may be hiring. Shoot me a DM if you want more info.

why does CVS suck so hard? I don't think i've ever worked for a more sh!tty corporation than CVS. In August it will be a year there and i've been looking for new work for 3 months now. I just dont understand how a company that prides themselves on "being green" and offering "green" products gets away with printing a 5 foot tall (I sh!t you not) receipt when you buy 9 or so items. Most of the managers in my store are half-tard anyway, and i have about 5 or 6 bosses who all tell me different things they want done and different ways to do them. The other day my one manager tells me to put a whole bunch of razors in a box and bring them downstairs. I start dismantling the display and what happens? one of my other 5 managers comes up and starts reaming me in front of a customer for doing something i was not told, but ordered to do. Not to mention the fact that ever since we got a new head manager, its become fvcking Nazi Germany in our store. 3 employees fired in the past 4 weeks (2 of which were here for over 7 years). We can't buy anything unless we call a manager and wait for them to take their sweet ass time coming to the register. No cell phones, no talking while on register, oh and EVERYTIME you leave the store, a manager has to literally SIFT through your bag in front of the camera to show you didnt steal anything. It never about awarding employees, respect, or anything like that. CVS is just trying to protect that bottom line, and the interests of the shareholders. I just had to vent because i know some of you have worked for this sh!t-show of a company before and i want to hear your side.

No offense dude, but welcome to the world of working. Get used to everything you just mentioned or you ain't gonna survive out there.

You should suggest to the show Undercover Boss to approach CVS' CEO to do the show and use your store.

The company I work for has a store in Paramus Park Mall and may be hiring. Shoot me a DM if you want more info.

How does one send...or shoot, as you say, a DM?

Welcome to any job ever.

Even at my job I have to deal with "half-tard" managers. Usually these are the kind who are underpaid, fresh off a logistics degree and try to tell my 20+ years of experience how to do my job when they have never thrown a switch in their entire career.

Wisest words my mother ever told me: "There's always an a$$hole"

I work at CVS in the pharmacy. I have been there for 3 years and actually get paid less than some of the newer techs. The only reason I am still there is because of the reference. It feels like we work in a prison doesn't it? I have worked for 3 other companies, and know of how many other in the same category operate and there is truely nothing more degrading than being a CVS employee. Saying "You're just a number" doesn't even begin to describe the worthlessness thrust upon you when clocking into this job. I have about 6 letters of recomdation coming my way from the pharmacists I've met along the way, and once I get them I'm gone.

Cvs is known for fireing long term employees for having expired milk in the fridge or other minor offenses. It comes down to money. They fire long term employees who literally have given years of their life because after years of raises they make more than equally qualified job-seekers are willing to work for. They can hire new managers or other positions and pay them significantly less. The longer you work there, the less secure your job is. It is an employers economy right now, they know they can get away with just about anything considering people are going insane looking for work.

Find a job as a waiter, busboy, delivery driver, anything like that. That will get you the most money for the time you put in, and if you are in college you can probably get away with working less days etc. Good luck, and just know I feel your pain. In fact I'm sure we've come across some of the same people before.

PS: A 2% raise is borderline insulting.

welcome to any coporation which you're doing the hardest job for basically nothing, while the bosses can fvcking moan and be jerk to your manager for any fvcking reason. They want you to act like robots..

I've been working for about 8months at Petro-Canada(Gas station in Canada)... anyone wouldn't believe so many few unimportant details they complain at my manager..it's pathetic. They'll find any excuse so they'll take away the bonuses from my manager to they can get even more money.

why is their receipt sooo long? is it because they put promotions and coupons on the end of it?

my ex worked at the one in new egypt and did the photos there

I feel your pain. I put in 8 total years at a CVS. I unloaded the trucks, rang register, packed out merchandise, worked the photolab, and then I was a pharmacy tech for the last 6 years. I was always doing extra work, always helping out when they short of people, took 3 total sick days in my time there, and only ONCE did I get a decent raise, and that was when one of the pharmacists was threatening to leave and agreed to stay if they gave her top 2 techs (one of which was me) a couple of extra bucks an hour.

I loved the people I worked with, but their management structure is essentially exactly what an economics class tells you doesn't work. 15 employees reporting to 7 managers.

No offense dude, but welcome to the world of working. Get used to everything you just mentioned or you ain't gonna survive out there.

This^^^ Get a job in construction and you'll hear some real yelling lol

I feel your pain. I put in 8 total years at a CVS. I unloaded the trucks, rang register, packed out merchandise, worked the photolab, and then I was a pharmacy tech for the last 6 years. I was always doing extra work, always helping out when they short of people, took 3 total sick days in my time there, and only ONCE did I get a decent raise, and that was when one of the pharmacists was threatening to leave and agreed to stay if they gave her top 2 techs (one of which was me) a couple of extra bucks an hour.

I loved the people I worked with, but their management structure is essentially exactly what an economics class tells you doesn't work. 15 employees reporting to 7 managers.

we have this one girl, and shes such a great kid, sophomore in college, putting herself through school... my managers refuse to let her do anything except for truck and facing. I find it kinda sexist at my work too, all the guys work the hard stuff (truck, push, promo, other bull) and they only let the girls face, run photo, and ring.

to the people saying "its work, deal with it", nah, I don't really care, plenty of people have jobs that they love where they dont have to put up with neverending bullsh!t. i needs me a desk job.

This^^^ Get a job in construction and you'll hear some real yelling lol

Amen, nothing worse than construction site superintendents, who wouldn't know the difference between a hammer or a screwdriver. I kid you not.

After working in that field for 25 years I've seen it all.

we have this one girl, and shes such a great kid, sophomore in college, putting herself through school... my managers refuse to let her do anything except for truck and facing. I find it kinda sexist at my work too, all the guys work the hard stuff (truck, push, promo, other bull) and they only let the girls face, run photo, and ring.

to the people saying "its work, deal with it", nah, I don't really care, plenty of people have jobs that they love where they dont have to put up with neverending bullsh!t. i needs me a desk job.

I've heard a lot of bad stuff about CVS, you are not alone.