Hockey Songs

devsfanatic

On 8/12/2020 at 1:19 PM, MB3 said:

When I had season tickets (going back a few years now), they used to play "The Game" by Motorhead and "Devils" by 69 Eyes. Skip to the chorus for some nostalgia, everyone. 

Went to a game two years ago and they played "A Warrior's Call" by Volbeat, skip to about 0:40. 

They used to have that play after "Timeeeee for a PSE&G POWERRRRPLAYYYYYY" when I was in the building every night from 2007-2013ish

Thank god the PA guy stopped berating us to MAAAKKKEEE SSOMMMMEEE NOISSEEE YOU MISERABLE LAME FANSSSS!!  about 45 times a game. That was a weird time for the franchise lol.

• Haha 2

On 8/12/2020 at 5:26 PM, Devil Dan 56 said:

I remember them coming out to Hell by Foo Fighters for warm ups during this time as well. Those early Rock years were fun

As much as people made fun of Zubrus' music selection that year (2011-12), I have a lot of music from the warmups that year. Brings back a ton of good memories even if the season ended palms to the face poorly.

• Like 1

On 8/13/2020 at 4:30 PM, eldon said:

Since we're going back a crapload of years, does anyone remember, before OT for a couple of years, in the 90's, they played Right now by VH and other times, 2001 a Space Odyssey. The Space Odyssey got me so pumped, but I think we lost so many OT games they stopped. 

I remember hearing Space Odyssey as a playoff game was winding down between the Devils and Capitals (Devils won 6-5).  I was there with a bud...this was back in 1990.  I’m sure I’ve heard it other times, but that’s the one use of it that jumps out at me.  

3 hours ago, MB3 said:

no it was that thing you hear at every sporting event that’s some deep voice going MAAAKEE SOMEE NOIIIIIIIISEEEE that usually transitions into a song

Ok gotcha, I didn't want to sound naive but just wanted to make sure they didn't actually call the fans lame in some desperate attempt to try to be funny.  You never know these days lol.

On 8/12/2020 at 1:19 PM, MB3 said:

When I had season tickets (going back a few years now), they used to play "The Game" by Motorhead and "Devils" by 69 Eyes. Skip to the chorus for some nostalgia, everyone. 

I'd like that chorus played for a goal song! from 2:40- whatevs  up beat

Their new album has a song, "Two Horns Up", that'd be fitting for the devil horns people throw! Little "pump you up" shots of the crowds at the Rock.