Game Thread

Weekes Head

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It seems like the 2nd period was pretty evenly played, Nieds hit the post and the Devils had some quality chances. However the Isles got that all important goal.

White is about ready to kill Steven Webb from the reports ive seen, taking 2 unsportsmanlike conduct penalties trying to get him into a fight, both times sticking up for teamates i believe.

Period by period updates can be found here. http://www.newyorkislanders.com/gameday/po...game100502.html

GO COLIN WHITE!!!!!! Stick up for the team and get penaltys at the same time!!!!!!!

thanx Sarge for that link...

So heres the Devs lineup according to that page:

DEVILS

FORWARDS

(26) Patrik Elias-(25) Joe Nieuwendyk-(15) Jamie Langenbrunner

(12) Jeff Friesen-(23) Scott Gomez-(18) Sergei Brylin

(20) Jay Pandolfo-(11) John Madden-(14) Brian Ginota

(19) Jim McKenzie-(22) Mike Danton-(24) Turner Stevenson

DEFENSE

(7) Andrei Zyuzin-(28) Brian Rafalski

(3) Ken Daneyko-(10) Oleg Tverdovsky

(5) Colin White-(27) Scott Niedermayer

thanx Sarge for that link...

So heres the Devs lineup according to that page:

DEVILS

FORWARDS

(26) Patrik Elias-(25) Joe Nieuwendyk-(15) Jamie Langenbrunner

(12) Jeff Friesen-(23) Scott Gomez-(18) Sergei Brylin

(20) Jay Pandolfo-(11) John Madden-(14) Brian Ginota

(19) Jim McKenzie-(22) Mike Danton-(24) Turner Stevenson

DEFENSE

(7) Andrei Zyuzin-(28) Brian Rafalski

(3) Ken Daneyko-(10) Oleg Tverdovsky

(5) Colin White-(27) Scott Niedermayer

Tivo & Elias are each a -3 tonight.

Dano, Langenbrunner & Niewy are -2.

Not the best of nights for the top line...and this happened at home, where you'd think Burns could get the match-ups he wants.

GO COLIN WHITE!!!!!! Stick up for the team and get penaltys at the same time!!!!!!!

At least someone is doing it KD. And Despite Big jim having been in one fight so far, thats supposed to be his job.

I just say, leave the sticking-up to Stevens. You're doing more harm to the team by taking penatlies.

I was at the game for the first two periods. OMG it was awful. That first line just doesn't click enough for me. They really don't get much going at all. The other lines were just as bad. There is no shot on pretty much all the lines. We need size and and shot. Chris Gratton would be a start. Marty was fine, Daneyko and Niedermayer were god awful. White took two dummmmmmmmmb penalties, and I mean dummmmmmmb.

--They aired two commericials for the new advertising campaign. "Devils Hockey. Eat it. Live it. Breathe it." They were actually two good commericials. One had a two guys playing broom hockey all over a supermarket, the other involved a wedding where the woman had her face painted.

--Introduced some new graphics on the big board, including new noise getters.

I was at the game for the first two periods. OMG it was awful. That first line just doesn't click enough for me. They really don't get much going at all. The other lines were just as bad. There is no shot on pretty much all the lines. We need size and and shot. Chris Gratton would be a start. Marty was fine, Daneyko and Niedermayer were god awful. White took two dummmmmmmmmb penalties, and I mean dummmmmmmb.

--They aired two commericials for the new advertising campaign. "Devils Hockey. Eat it. Live it. Breathe it." They were actually two good commericials. One had a two guys playing broom hockey all over a supermarket, the other involved a wedding where the woman had her face painted.

--Introduced some new graphics on the big board, including new noise getters.

PREPARE FOR THE 2002-2003 SEASON!