Frolov to Rangers

msweet

Prospal and Frolov will put up 110-120 points between them for ~$5M. I have to admit, good signings by the Rangers. I can imagine much worse spending of $5M :whistling:

imagine how unstoppable they would be if we give them brian rolston. stanley cup champs definitely in their future :rolleyes:

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's see who do the Rags have down the middle? Christensen, Dubinsky, Drury?

Not to mention Torts is not going to accept Frolov's lazy play. This will be a short stay in NY.

For one year, it's low risk Manta. I'm not crazy about the price but it's in line with what he earned on his last contract. He's a lot like Zherdev consistency-wise but is much better along the wall. What's the worst that can happen? If he or the team flops, they can always move him. I'm curious to see if the plan is to stick Fro with Anisimov, who has the most potential out of our current C's.

The biggest issue with this move is that it leaves next to no space for Staal, hinting that the Redden Era Error is about to end. What irks fans is that our senile farce of a GM continues to treat free agents better than his own players. Staal should've been top priority. Instead, it will probably drag out until camp before getting done- meaning any team can sign him to an offersheet further screwing up the club's salary structure. I also noticed a lot of negative reaction bc other tweeps see it as the same old, same old from an organization that to borrow a phrase from Clown, treads water. Mediocrity be thy name as long as it's Dolan's game, there's Sather driving fans insane.

Edited by Derek21

Goodness, $3mil was really the best offer available to him? Either his market dried up quickly or he must really want a shot at playing in NYC.

Not really Iggy. You have to understand that yes, the market dried and his only real options were LA, Broadway or take the KHL offer of 4 yrs at around 20 mill. He decided that he wanted one more yr in the NHL before deciding his future. Perhaps he'll be motivated off his lowest output since rookie yr in which the coach relegated him to third line. He did say he wanted to be in NYC which is always uh oh worthy.

Just another example of Sather trying to mish-mosh assorted talent, hoping it works. Looks like he's determined to make Tort's life a bit more difficult.

Sather lucked out with Gaborik last season because he was healthy. Gaborik's health is usually season to season, anyway.

What does it tell you when the Kings gave up on Frolov? "Up and coming" teams" (still think the Kings are overrated) don't dump 28 y/o players who have skill.

Yeah, but they replaced him with Ponikarovsky who tanked with the Pens. How do you not mesh with Sid or Geno? A definite downgrade and a disappointment for Kings fans hoping to get that proven finisher who can push them further.

For one year, it's low risk Manta. I'm not crazy about the price but it's in line with what he earned on his last contract. He's a lot like Zherdev consistency-wise but is much better along the wall. What's the worst that can happen? If he or the team flops, they can always move him. I'm curious to see if the plan is to stick Fro with Anisimov, who has the most potential out of our current C's.

The biggest issue with this move is that it leaves next to no space for Staal, hinting that the Redden Era Error is about to end. What irks fans is that our senile farce of a GM continues to treat free agents better than his own players. Staal should've been top priority. Instead, it will probably drag out until camp before getting done- meaning any team can sign him to an offersheet further screwing up the club's salary structure. I also noticed a lot of negative reaction bc other tweeps see it as the same old, same old from an organization that to borrow a phrase from Clown, treads water. Mediocrity be thy name as long as it's Dolan's game, there's Sather driving fans insane.

First off welcome back Derek!

Your right it is a low risk signing, but what about just trying to field a competitive team long term. Your dead down the middle which isn't going to help Frolov's production and this isn't the type of player that Torts is going to mesh with. He played himself out of LA and most teams basically ignored him.

No offense, but I am hoping Dolan signs Sather to a life long contract.

Like to correct something I said earlier. The Rangers have more space available. I forgot that the cap went up even more. Even when they re-sign Staal, they're going to actually have a lot of space. Especially if Tinman is no more. I wonder if they'll take a flier on Willie Mitchell. That would sure change the look.