Devils Signings Coming Up?

CMONPETEYD

OT98, please avoid making accusations that you do not have the proper facts to back up.

The "money under the table" accusation, walks a line of libel on a public forum where these reputable store owners advertise and do business. It opens up DevilMinder (on your behalf) to the wrong kind of attention from the gentlemen who own the stores, should they choose to. As someone who has dealt in this field, IMO, it's not a very smart comment to make on an open forum.

Why should anyone pay for something they can get for free?

Your soap box rant seemed aimed at all autograph signings. I can promise you, you CANNOT get every autograph "for free". You certainly can get some, but there are tons of athletes you will NEVER get for free.

Your soap box rant seemed aimed at all autograph signings. I can promise you, you CANNOT get every autograph "for free". You certainly can get some, but there are tons of athletes you will NEVER get for free.

Thats true.

Then why accuse reputable businesses and the people who run them of taking money under the table if that's the main focus of your opinion?

I've gotten hundreds of autos from Devils players on everything from cards to game used sticks since they moved to SMA circa 1987 up until they left in 2007 and from various Fan Club/STH events over a span of 25+ years. I can't complain.

However, in the present, i can not bring game used sticks, 16x 20's, a bunch of pucks, etc. to Newark after a game to get signed. Since those are the types of things i focus on getting signed, pay events work the best. It's worth it to get a crisp, clean autograph on an item that i value that isn't rushed by the player trying to sign 50 autos at a time in a car with people huddled around him on a 20 degree night.

Edited by SJP20

Then why accuse reputable businesses and the people who run them of taking money under the table if that's the main focus of your opinion?

I've gotten hundreds of autos from Devils players on everything from cards to game used sticks since they moved to SMA circa 1987 up until they left in 2007 and from various Fan Club/STH events over a span of 25+ years. I can't complain.

However, in the present, i can not bring game used sticks, 16x 20's, a bunch of pucks, etc. to Newark after a game to get signed. Since those are the types of things i focus on getting signed, pay events work the best. It's worth it to get a crisp, clean autograph on an item that i value that isn't rushed by the player trying to sign 50 autos at a time in a car with people huddled around him on a 20 degree night.

Great point.

+1

this might be off topic but one day in NY i was able to get the Rock's autograph and his rushed signature looked pretty bad :offtopic:

So the players ask too high an amount so the shop owners have to charge people for signings?

It's all so gross to me. So disgusting that everything has a price. but no one has any money -- that's sort of the whole point. but people still find money for jerseys and signed pucks and all sorts of sh!t theyll pretty much just want to throw way 5, 10, 25 years from now -- and it'll be :unsure: Andy Greene :unsure: so who the hell will want THAT? $15 dollars... and people WILL go -- what IS that? How do they get so caught up in all that fakeness?

and whenever I write anything I'm the a$$hole with fvcked up priorities... :argh:

Oh I DO hope an AndyGreene autograph will be worth something one day... but I'm not gambling $15 on it :giggle:

Edited by Pepperkorn

So the players ask too high an amount so the shop owners have to charge people for signings?

It's all so gross to me. So disgusting that everything has a price. but no one has any money -- that's sort of the whole point. but people still find money for jerseys and signed pucks and all sorts of sh!t theyll pretty much just want to throw way 5, 10, 25 years from now -- and it'll be :unsure: Andy Greene :unsure: so who the hell will want THAT? $15 dollars... and people WILL go -- what IS that? How do they get so caught up in all that fakeness?

and whenever I write anything I'm the a$$hole with fvcked up priorities... :argh:

Oh I DO hope an AndyGreene autograph will be worth something one day... but I'm not gambling $15 on it :giggle:

Do you have anything else to do all day then fill this site with all sorts of rambling, incoherent, PMS filled, psycho-babbling nonsense?

Sorry for the :soap: everyone....

Edited by SJP20

I do agree with you to a point. I do feel that seeking out autographs and dropping lots of money on game-worn equipment/jerseys and paying anywhere from $15 to $50 for an autograph is a little silly. However, most people who do this sees this as a hobby. There are many hobbies off the top of my head that are way more expensive and in my mind a waste of time, but it is fun and entertaining to the people who love doing it.

I do have my pet peeves over silly personalized jerseys with says and phrases, but I do not think about it every day and completely fret over it and these autograph sessions are in the same category for me.

Good way to start the Devils signing season off with Andy Greene on 10/18 at Sports Express and Patrik Elias on 11/6 at Sports Unlimited. Looking forward to both signings and the start of the season.

i'm too lazy to google it now but are there any prices listed yet for either?

if you dont respond by like noon tomorrow, i guess i could look myself after i get out of work lol

• 1 month later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.