Late Thursday night

Devils Pride 26

Hello everyone. For those of you that don't know me, I just graduated from Howell High School, where I played football among other things. Late thursday night, 3 of my teammates got into a car accident. One of them who I've played with since Pop warner has passed away. 18 years old. Way too short. He came from a great family and was a great kid. All 3 of these guys were going to college to play football.

Please, if you would to keep these guys, their families, their friends, in your thoughts and prayers, it would mean a lot in a time of incredible sadness.

app.com article

RIP johnny buk

Thanks and God bless

Edited by Devils Pride 26

The wake was the toughest thing I've done in my time here. The times were originally 2-4 and 7-9. it was expected that 5000 people came by and it went from 2-midnight. We got there at 6:30 and the line was out the door. Didn't get to see him until 8:30. When we left the line was out the door and warped around the building. First time in my life I've seen him without a smile. Extremely depressing.

dig, the service was at O'brians (?) in brick off 70 and burnt tavern

The wake was the toughest thing I've done in my time here. The times were originally 2-4 and 7-9. it was expected that 5000 people came by and it went from 2-midnight. We got there at 6:30 and the line was out the door. Didn't get to see him until 8:30. When we left the line was out the door and warped around the building. First time in my life I've seen him without a smile. Extremely depressing.

dig, the service was at O'brians (?) in brick off 70 and burnt tavern

I'm so sorry DP26. What's horrible, is this won't be your last. They never get any easier, especially when it's just not natural time taking it's toll.

May Buk's spirit live on as a positive force :cheers:

And my prayers are with all he left behind. May his buddy accept responsibility and then let himself off the hook because sometimes these things do happen. Make sure they dont happen to anyone else you love again. Best thing his friends can do is live the best life they can and not forget. And when they get this nagging feeling they want to check in on Buk's family -- do it.

He's never leaving their lives and it won't hurt to let them know he's never left yours. I know you two weren't that close but just keep it in mind - parents can't "move on" as if nothing happened. It's OK to say something if you see them in the coming years.

Edited by Pepperkorn

My condolences and prayers to the families.

Mike

Right on PK. Me and our friends went through this two months ago. We lost one of the kindest, funniest souls. He didn't make it to his 21st birthday. :-( Lyndz was special. Always smiling and making people laugh. And had great talent. He'll always be part of our lives because he's in our hearts everyday. It amazes me how strong their family is. Such great people. I can't imagine what they go through. We all miss him as do the family and friends of the poor kid in this thread. 18 is way too young. Always remember the good times and never forget.

I'm so sorry DP26. What's horrible, is this won't be your last. They never get any easier, especially when it's just not natural time taking it's toll.

May Buk's spirit live on as a positive force :cheers:

We lost the captain of our football team, then a year later his best friend, both freak car accidents. The first was brutal cause i still remember the last time i talked to him almost verbatim. The second i couldnt make it home for any of the services because of classes and other obligations, that tore me up, but my hockey team in Buffalo, without me knowing, all made patches for our uniforms that were footballs with his number written in them, it was an awesome tribute by a bunch of people who never even met the guy.

One of the toughest non-family deaths i've suffered was losing a student last summer from the school i was working at. he had multiple developmental disabilities and the staff of the group home he lived in lost track of him and he wandered off to the train tracks. his 1:1 aide was beyond broken up, as were his homeroom staff, i was relatively new to the school but we all bound together to stay strong. hearing the classmates ask was gut-wrenching, especially when my student asked every time we talked about safety awareness.

all the best to you, the family and the community, you can count on us for at least written support during this difficult time. cheers