Most Hated/Most Respected Former NJ Devil?

grcenter47

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Respected Scott Stevens

Dissed Sean Burke they way he left if I remember correctly was by saying all the Devils fans were really Ranger fans, it was just cold, I think they made him magicaly dissapear the next weak..lol I just remember it being ugly and dissliking him after his comments.

If the Kovy deal gets rejected and he signs with another NHL team do you think he will surpass someone like a Scott Gomez as the most hated? Especially after the "This is team" quote and saying how proud he was for being a Devil for life?

I think everyone would blame Bettman first of all, especially if he goes somewhere that is more marketable, it'll look like Gary sent him there

I cannot believe Mike Danton (AKA Mike Jefferson) is not amongst those hated. Let's first discuss that he had some problems with Lamoriello and then let's just say he tried to kill someone. Gomez, Maclean, and Holik all asked to be traded or explored what the opposition had to say (and pay), but none of them went out and plotted to kill someone.

I think many players could be in the most respected... Scott Stevens for just his reputation on the ice.

Edited by Chorske17

I cannot believe Mike Danton (AKA Mike Jefferson) is not amongst those hated. Let's first discuss that he had some problems with Lamoriello and then let's just say he tried to kill someone. Gomez, Maclean, and Holik all asked to be traded or explored what the opposition had to say (and pay), but none of them went out and plotted to kill someone.

I think a lot of us feel sorry for the guy moreso than hating him. He's clearly deeply fvcked up in the head.

Besides, how can we hate the person who popularized Lou's Kool-Aid? :koolaid:

I think many players could be in the most respected... Scott Stevens for just his reputation on the ice.

But Danton didn't try to kill someone on the Devils. We don't hate players for their personal problems outside of hockey or this thread would be very different. Danton isn't that disliked because he is insignificant.

Danterson wasn't trying to kill someone as much as exact his own kind of justice. He's guilty of attempted vigilantism more than attempted murder. :unsure: Or were you just mad he didn't succeed? I think that whole situation worked its self out in a fairly decent way.

Mike Jefferson needs a checkup from the neck up for sure, but I don't know he's a true danger to society at large, nor is he morally bankrupt -- he's just not mentally stable. You don't feel a guy like that doesn't deserve your respect -- you feel more like he does deserve lifetime monitoring and lots of supervised medication. In fact, if he finds a way to contribute positively to society, despite his obvious challenges - maybe he could earn a certain kind of respect even.

But Danton didn't try to kill someone on the Devils. We don't hate players for their personal problems outside of hockey or this thread would be very different. Danton isn't that disliked because he is insignificant.

Pretty much the truth right here. I couldn't care less about a player's personal life to be honest. And I don't think players' personal lives should be broadcast either. Thankfully, they aren't (in the NHL)

Stevens is obviously the most respected. No one dares to talk bad about Stevens.

Scott Gomez is the least respected Devil by far.

Well of course we don't talk bad about Stevens silly. He lives in Jersey with most of the rest of us. If you started badmouthing him it'd only be a matter of time before he tracked you down and Lindrosed you! :ECW: Do you want to go thru life like Eric Lindros? Me neither!

Hey Scott, if you're reading this, I love ya guy. You are the best! Always have been, always will be. And even though I was heartbroken when you retired--not that I mean to imply some sort of failing on your part..... um, I'm gonna stop talking now.

But seriously, gotta love Scotty!

Man Stevens is a DICK! I HATE that guy. What the hell is everyone thinking? He's a cheap shot artist of the first water. He's clearly not very bright but certainly THINKS he is! OY VEY the sheer arrogance of that MFer is beyond comprehension. And the league let him -- they let him jump 5 feet off the ground and slam people with his f**in elbow all the name of what??? FOLLOW THROUGH -- my ass. Jerk off deserves NOTHING NOTHING living off solid guys like Dano always paired with the best offensive dman to make his +/- look legendary as IF that stat counted for fvck... I HATE that guy! How can you respect a guy that seriously -- HONESTLY -- thinks his sh!t doesn't stink. He acts all "well.. what sh!t, I mean I might sh!t I never noticed because it's not important it would be undisciplined to notice if you sh!t or not -- if you notice that YOU sh!t then you really have no business playing hockey -- I'm the God of hockey - the almighty arbiter of all that is hockey and health -- like censored.gif cause you're so WHIPPED you arrogant jackass prick fvck!

(think that was enough? Should I take it further?? I think I need more - he'd be all arrogant and ignore this... "Peppercorn what? What do I give a fvck for?" I left out the part where I really channeled Dino ... I could put that back though if you think it might warrant hunting down w00t.gif )

(and you knwo I can hear exactly what would go through Stevens mind reading that... "You don't know how to spell Ciccarelli do you?" YEah YEAH?? Well fvck you Mister Omniscient!

"You forgot to close you bracket there..."

SHOVE IT!!

) so Ha!!

"I can give you a name for that dyslexia you've got there too"

:angry: gggggGGGRRRRRR! AHHHHHH! :rant::argh:

Edited by Pepperkorn

Man Stevens is a DICK! I HATE that guy. What the hell is everyone thinking? He's a cheap shot artist of the first water. He's clearly not very bright but certainly THINKS he is! OY VEY the sheer arrogance of that MFer is beyond comprehension. And the league let him -- they let him jump 5 feet off the ground and slam people with his f**in elbow all the name of what??? FOLLOW THROUGH -- my ass. Jerk off deserves NOTHING NOTHING living off solid guys like Dano always paired with the best offensive dman to make his +/- look legendary as IF that stat counted for fvck... I HATE that guy! How can you respect a guy that seriously -- HONESTLY -- thinks his sh!t doesn't stink. He acts all "well.. what sh!t, I mean I might sh!t I never noticed because it's not important it would be undisciplined to notice if you sh!t or not -- if you notice that YOU sh!t then you really have no business playing hockey -- I'm the God of hockey - the almighty arbiter of all that is hockey and health -- like censored.gif cause you're so WHIPPED you arrogant jackass prick fvck!

(think that was enough? Should I take it further?? I think I need more - he'd be all arrogant and ignore this... "Peppercorn what? What do I give a fvck for?" I left out the part where I really channeled Dino ... I could put that back though if you think it might warrant hunting down w00t.gif )

(and you knwo I can hear exactly what would go through Stevens mind reading that... "You don't know how to spell Ciccarelli do you?" YEah YEAH?? Well fvck you Mister Omniscient!

SHOVE IT!!

) so Ha!!

what the hell was that about

SHOVE IT!!

) so Ha!!

Hot diggity, you are in rare form!

The best part was Stevens talking about how it would be indisciplined to even notice whether he took a sh!t or not. Absolutely amazing.

:clap2::clap2::clap2:

How can you respect a guy that seriously -- HONESTLY -- thinks his sh!t doesn't stink. He acts all "well.. what sh!t, I mean I might sh!t I never noticed because it's not important it would be undisciplined to notice if you sh!t or not -- if you notice that YOU sh!t then you really have no business playing hockey -- I'm the God of hockey - the almighty arbiter of all that is hockey and health -- like censored.gif cause you're so WHIPPED you arrogant jackass prick fvck!

:rofl: Well done, naturally I enjoyed the part about his sh!t most. Too funny :thumbsup:

And to the new(er) guy...just sit back and enjoy the free entertainment

Edited by Devsfan118

awe you guys... I'm just bored - thanks though

rmt - teh post above said if one were to speak ill often enough and loudly enough Stevens'd hunt you down ... I was hoping I could drive him to hunt me down ---

because he's so dreamy. Especially when he's feeling irked.

Edited by Pepperkorn