Another Cup

swamptrash

How sweet will it be if the boys can win another Cup this year? 4 cups means we can forever brush off all the crap from Ranger and Islander fans. The Devils will have equaled both of those sh*thole franchises. The people I work with better look out if that ever happens!! Cant wait to stick those 4 cups and the lame NJ jokes right in their ear!!!!

sorry for the "no topic" thread. just needed to get it off my chest. carry on

:evil::evil::evil::clap:

Isles fans will still say they won four in a row...and rags fans will say we won 3.5...oh well, F 'em!

The thing about the Isles is all that besides the 4 cups, they basically have been a second division team since thei inception. Not to take away what they did, but hockey was much different back then. Montreal, Philadelphia and the Isles all won multiple cups between 74 and 84. That probably doesnt mean too much, but it seems like it was easier for one team to dominate back then.

The Rangers, well the Rangers are the biggest joke of a franchise in NHL history/ I say that not only as a Devil homer, but based on what they've done over their history. They're arguably the worst of the original 6 teams. When I think of the Rangers, I think of money, failure after failure and a boatload of empty seats in the first level of MSG. I hate them. thank the good lord they always suck or we'd never hear the end of it

It is lightyears more difficult to win the Cup today with 30 teams in the league and 16 team playoff format. It's two and a half months of blood, sweat and goals. I would consider what the Devils, Red Wings and Avalanche have done the last 10 years, quite remarkable. Isles and Rag fans can say what they want but doesn't take away the recent success of our franchise.

Yeah well the Rangers won 3 out of their 4 Cups with ONLY 6 teams in the league while the Devs have 3 Cups with 20+ teams in the league.

Weren't there more than six teams early on? Also wasn't one of those Cups won pre-NHL?

EDIT: I was wrong, first one was 1928, 2 years after the NHL took control.

Edited by sammyk

Yeah well the Rangers won 3 out of their 4 Cups with ONLY 6 teams in the league while the Devs have 3 Cups with 20+ teams in the league.

very good point. I'll have to purt that in my loser ranger trashtalking file. :P

Another thing I just thought of is that of the 30 teams in the NHL today, there are a lot more that are Cup Quality teams than duting 30's, 40's and 50's. During any given year, there are at least 10 teams with a legitimate shot at winning nowadays. The New Jersey Devils have been one of those teams for almost a decade now.

Teams like the Oilers, back then, the Isles, back then had the opportunity to keep their players because run-away payrolls were not in vogue. Now, they would have to break up half the teams to free that kind of money up. If they put a cap on this, then maybe you will see repeat champs year in and year out.

Isles fans will still say they won four in a row...and rags fans will say we won 3.5...oh well, F 'em!

See Sammy understands. And so do I.

It will never change.

You can try to apply logic, but when it comes to Rags fans there is no logic in their hatred for us. We are the red-headed stepchild..

of course we're the red-headed stepchild with 3 cups in 9 years, but that don't matter. Hatred is a state of mind that logic cannot penetrate.

You can try to apply logic, but when it comes to Rags fans there is no logic in their hatred for us. We are the red-headed stepchild..

Isnt it great?? a team with NJ on their chests is light years better than the *gasp* New York Rangers. We have the best hockey team, the better basketball team, both of "their football teams" and in another decade or so Steinbrenner will once again threaten to move the Yankees here. I love NYC, but their sports fans can shove it!!

If anyone is ignorrant it's Devil fans, just look at the post above me!

NYC sports fans can shove it? We show up win or lose, we don't fill up the building half-way during a winning season. I have great respect for what the devils have done the last 10 years, they're probably the best team over the last decade. But you had no history to winning your cups, when the Rangers broke away from 1940, it was something the whole city was innvolved in, it was truly a great moment.

But you had no history to winning your cups

uhh, the team's only been in NJ since 1982

But you had no history to winning your cups    NYC sports fans can shove it? We show up win or lose,

yeah, the Mets were really setting attendance records the last 2 months. Those empty seats in the lower sections of MSG must be my imagination. Maybe they're Ranger fans dressed as seats??? :rolleyes::rolleyes:

It is what it is nedved. The Rangers have been second fiddle in NYC hockey for a long time now and will continue to be.

NYC sports fans can shove it? We show up win or lose, we don't fill up the building half-way during a winning season. I have great respect for what the devils have done the last 10 years, they're probably the best team over the last decade. But you had no history to winning your cups, when the Rangers broke away from 1940, it was something the whole city was innvolved in, it was truly a great moment.

So how many yrs have you been dewing what you claim?? How many tickets have YOU purchased for all the aforementioned teams????

Deal with it...NY teams, except for the Yankees, have been sucking wind for years. Tell us about 1940...what was it really like??? What happened from 1940 til 1994??? Suckage. What has happened since 1997??? Suckage. 3 Cups in less than a decade works for me. I have experienced all 3 Cups. What was your personal experience??

So how many yrs have you been dewing what you claim?? How many tickets have YOU purchased for all the aforementioned teams????

Deal with it...NY teams, except for the Yankees, have been sucking wind for years. Tell us about 1940...what was it really like??? What happened from 1940 til 1994??? Suckage. What has happened since 1997??? Suckage. 3 Cups in less than a decade works for me. I have experienced all 3 Cups. What was your personal experience??

that's exactly it!! For the most part, our sports teams eat dirt. Sure, we have a good year every now and then like the Giants 2 Super Bowls (we blew for about 2 decades before the first one) or the Jets Super Bowl (have sucked ever since). Even the Mets got lucky a few times The Yankees are on a nice little run the last several years, but before too long, it will be the late 80's all over again for them too The point is, the New Jersey Devils have set the standard in the NHL for awhile now and as someone who was born and bred in NJ without any teams to call his own while growing up, I'm lovin every minute of it. The Devils are the one team I dont have to share with every other office worker in Manhattan. They're ours!!!!

but I'm also tired of being called trailer trash or fair weather everytime I happen to talk hockey with someone, be it at the office, on the bus or on the internet. That's what I meant when I wrote what I wrote. Of course I like the Yankees and Giants but there's only one place in the world called New Jersey and right now, OUR hockey team is tops.

Enjoy it while you can because sports can be a cruel passion and the ride never lasts forever. but whatever you do Devils fans, dont ever stop wearing the red NJ on your chest. It's a badge that separates us from the millions of NY and Philadelphia sports fans!!

Good Point, i will never let that NJ disapear (for hockey season at least) i hope we do win this year, and then letty marty shove that up roy you know where(gosh that was awfully hateful, oh well)

Unfortunatly, i've never been to a ranger game, for one I'm 17 with no car, my parents would never let me go to a rangers game alone, and my dad doesn't feel like paying for a ticket to go with me because he hates the Rangers, he's an isles fan. I still support my team win or lose. The Devils have been impressive the last 10 years, but who knows what's to come in the future. After Marty and Stevens are gone, you're gonna go through a lot of bad years, just like the Rangers when Ritcher went through knee surgery, Leetch stopped scoring, and the best offensive talent we had on the ice was Val Kamensky.

Unfortunatly, i've never been to a ranger game, for one I'm 17 with no car, my parents would never let me go to a rangers game alone, and my dad doesn't feel like paying for a ticket to go with me because he hates the Rangers, he's an isles fan. I still support my team win or lose. The Devils have been impressive the last 10 years, but who knows what's to come in the future. After Marty and Stevens are gone, you're gonna go through a lot of bad years, just like the Rangers when Ritcher went through knee surgery, Leetch stopped scoring, and the best offensive talent we had on the ice was Val Kamensky.

all sports are cyclical. what goes up always comes down. At some point, the ride the Devils are on will end. IMO, the core of this team still has one or two more cup runs in them.

The key to a happy life is not caring about what other people say. Pay attention to who you want to pay attention to. So what about Rangers, Islanders, or even Flyers fans? They got their opinions, we have ours. Same difference.

The key to a happy life is not caring about what other people say. Pay attention to who you want to pay attention to. So what about Rangers, Islanders, or even Flyers fans? They got their opinions, we have ours. Same difference.

thats good advice mrsheeps

Dont worry, I keep it all in perspective. I really dont hate New Yorkers or even Philadelphians. Some of my best friends are New Yorkers. I'm speaking strictly from a sports point of view. It gets old playing second fiddle all the time.

There is nothing like your first hockey game, it is one of the best feelings on earth, especially when you go with your friends... Even if you are going to see a decaying team like the Rags.. :puke:

I applaud long time ranger fans for sticking with the worst francise money can buy... they loyalty could rival a Devils fan but not on this board. We devils fans have a lot to cheer about now.. we struggled through some tough times. And the light at the end of the tunnel started in '95... and it continues today... There IS no team in the tri state area besides the Yankees that have been so dominant. This is the Devils Renaissance... I am proud to be here to enjoy it...

Ps. I hate your avatar still :P

The key to a happy life is not caring about what other people say.  Pay attention to who you want to pay attention to.  So what about Rangers, Islanders, or even Flyers fans?  They got their opinions, we have ours.  Same difference.

thats good advice mrsheeps

Dont worry, I keep it all in perspective. I really dont hate New Yorkers or even Philadelphians. Some of my best friends are New Yorkers. I'm speaking strictly from a sports point of view. It gets old playing second fiddle all the time.

It can be fun. I mean, I certainly see that once you start ignoring what they have to say, it just doesn't seem as fun. I dunno. I enjoy my peace of mind, even while screaming my lungs out at games.

Nedved - buy a ticket, bike to some LIRR stop, and go!!!

It will be worth it!!!!!!!

Edit: I see around 30-40 games a year so I've probably seen around 90 or so games by now, but every single one, even pre-season, is amazing!!!

Second Edit: I've even been to Rangers games (when we first moved to NJ my family was confused), so you need to before you can post more here!

Edited by mrsheeps