It's Yanks/sox

NJayDevil

Boston is nuts right now, people are running down Commonwealth Ave. toward Fenway, screaming at the tops of their lungs. If the Yankees lose, my roommate and I may very well have to transfer :( ...I am in hell right now...

I can see Fenway from my room...why the hell are people going there? The stadium's closed. God, act like you've won a series before...Oh, wait they haven't have they?

If the Yanks win, I want to see all those PISSED off looks on the faces of all those Soxs fans around the world. I've seen it acouple times so far in my lifetime and it never gets old.

This is the Rocket's last year, the Yanks are going to be tough to beat.

Wednesday night is going to be a crazy night!

GO YANKS!

I can't wait for the games to begin, it's hilarious how Boston finds ways to lose to the Yankees when it really counts. As much as I would like to see the Cubs/Sox meet in the World Series, it will never happen as long as the Yankees are there waiting for them. I suspect the series will be over by 5 games and new Boston fans will run to get "Yankees Suck" t-shirts and bumper stickers after this is done.

Sometimes people surprise me. I have the ability to put myself in somebody else's shoes... do you? It doesn't matter what team you like... in 1986 Dennis Leary was walking around Boston after it all happened and an 70 something year old woman stopped him and said, "We just wanted to see them it once."

It's easy to like the Yankees. They win so much it's boring. Liking the Red Sox of the Cubs is dedication to an ever-losing cause. It's like throwing your entire heart onto a lottery ticket every single year.

Edited by mrsheeps

Sometimes people surprise me. I have the ability to put myself in somebody else's shoes... do you? It doesn't matter what team you like... in 1986 Dennis Leary was walking around Boston after it all happened and an 70 something year old woman stopped him and said, "We just wanted to see them it once."

It's easy to like the Yankees. They win so much it's boring. Liking the Red Sox of the Cubs is dedication to an ever-losing cause. It's like throwing your entire heart onto a lottery ticket every single year.

You could say the same about the Rag$ pre-1994. There's no sympathy in sports! That's what being a fan is all about, fighting through the bad times (like when the Yankees sucked throughout my childhood) and relishing the good times. And that pretty much involves kicking your rivals when they're down.

Sometimes people surprise me.  I have the ability to put myself in somebody else's shoes... do you?  It doesn't matter what team you like... in 1986 Dennis Leary was walking around Boston after it all happened and an 70 something year old woman stopped him and said, "We just wanted to see them it once."

It's easy to like the Yankees.  They win so much it's boring.  Liking the Red Sox of the Cubs is dedication to an ever-losing cause.  It's like throwing your entire heart onto a lottery ticket every single year.

You could say the same about the Rag$ pre-1994. There's no sympathy in sports! That's what being a fan is all about, fighting through the bad times (like when the Yankees sucked throughout my childhood) and relishing the good times. And that pretty much involves kicking your rivals when they're down.

I don't like kicking my rivals when they're down. I don't like kicking them when they're up. Am I the only one?

I don't like kicking my rivals when they're down. I don't like kicking them when they're up. Am I the only one?

I agree, but there are times when there's bad blood rivalries (Tor Vs NYI), that's when the "kicking" is involved.

But in good sportsmanship rivalries, I don't think there is any "kicking".

No, I'm with you, sheeps. We've talked about this before. Being a fan of one team shouldn't equate to berating fans of another team.

I'd really like to see Pudge win a Championship ring. Don't know how likely that is to happen. I'll be happy if one of the Sox, Cubs, or Marlins win.

Let's Go Yankees!

Sheeps I like you man, but give it up. You cannot convince a Yankee fan to feel bad for the Red Sox or their fans. Give 'em hell YANKS!

One more thing, not all of us follow the Yanks because they win, some of us remember days when the Bronx Zoo was in Yankee Stadium.

LET'S GO YANKEES!

But in good sportsmanship rivalries, I don't think there is any "kicking".

Being a sports fan is one of the few times it's acceptable to trash talk. That's part of the fun of it.

I was talking about the teams involved in the rivalry. I think I misinterpreted the point of the discussion that's going on. I was talking about teams while I think everyone else is talking about the teams fans. :)

My fault. :ph34r:

OH NJAY! What a picture...what a picture... :uni:

Oh yeah, and rivalry trash talk is acceptable it is those morons like the one at the A's game last night who laughed at the fact that a player could have been seriously injured. I hope he feels stupid today... His butt got booted from the park... :lol:

Edited by ladyshrouds