Central NJ guys...alternatives to Comcast?

Blown01NJ

Ive had it with Comcast and I need to dump them. I just moved last month, and transferred my service. I have my account set to auto pay every month which has always been fine because the bill came first and I had a chance to review it.

When I moved, they told me to return all my old equipment and that I can pick up the new stuff at the same location. So I did. Couple weeks later I notice the balace on my statement is nearly $1300. I call about it and they said someone forgot to do something and that it would be corrected before my autopay hit. I say ok no problem, but of course, the next week, my account is hit for almost $1300 on 7/21. (My bill was $71.xx)

So I call back and go insane. They apologize, and say the money will be credited back in 2-3 days. A week goes by, I call again. This time they say a check is in the mail. After 3 weeks of fighting, being lied to and general agony, they FINALLY credit my account back $1054 on 8/12, a difference of around $260, not the $71 that was owed.

I call about this and they say they deducted my next bill out of the total. Now normally Id say ok, but I never received a bill for that, and it wasnt dues until 8/15. I asked them to credit me the whole amount less $71.xx, then send me a bill for 8/15 which I would promptly pay. They refused. I asked how they planned to address the fact that they held $1300 of my money hostage for 3 weeks, to which they had no answer.

So basically they charged me $1200 too much, waited 3 weeks to give it back, then gave it back less bills that I hadnt seen and werent due yet, and offer me NOTHING but a big fvck you in return. Worst customer service possible and worst company around. They couldnt even offer me a discount or anything for what they put me through, so Im done. Only problem is they have a strangle hold on the business around here. I'd switch to dish/direct TV in a heartbeat, but I am still going to be in need of an ISP.

I've had Comcast pretty much all my life, and the thing that's always rung true is that if you complain in the right way, you'll get hooked up. Make 'em feel like you're gonna switch to satellite or just start watching your favorite TV shows on Hulu and they'll change their tune. My roommates and I have gotten free HBO, Showtime, Starz and Encore for three years running by threatening to leave every time the contract is up.

Netflicks is actually working out well for us - we just hook the laptop up to the TV and we get HD unlimited streams of crazy TV shows, lame old movies - it's been a great cable alternative. Now I have to PM Amberite about center Ice via computer adn I'm all set without paying any more than the internet service for cable.

I really hopr they dont charge people for streaming like they want to now. They just want to fvck people coming and going. I get all kinds of Langenbrunnery about how corporate America is fvcking us. They dont give a damm because they'll just sell their sh!t to whatever company they've outsourced all their labor too since the US won't have any money.. and most saps still shell out HUGE money for what we should get for free -- most considering these luxuries absolute necessity.. It's very sad.

What was blown01NJ 's old name?

EDIT THE FOLLOWING DAY: You know what I think... I think I was in some kind of mood and put you on ignore merely for the handle... :blink: I had no idea I could be that irritable of a f*cknut! Consider yourself UNignored :smilegah:

Edited by Pepperkorn

Thing is I dont want to threaten them and then have them say "Ok bye!" and be screwed.

Comcast is getting nailed in every direction right now, from DirecTV, Dish Network, Fios, tv programming available online ... they can't afford to lose another paying customer. Just drop some not-so-subtle hints next time you call in. Stuff like, "Jeez, with all this nonsense you guys are putting me through, you're practically begging me to switch to Fios." Or "A buddy of mine has DirecTV and never has to deal with crap like this. Makes me wonder why I bother."

Remember, you are in the position of power. You are the customer. It is your money that Comcast, Fios, satellite, etc. is competing for. Make 'em earn it.

I get all kinds of Langenbrunnery about how corporate America is fvcking us.

All we need is some talking furniture to go completely ape-sh!t, because that is the muthafuggin WORD OF THE DAY!

The only problem with Fios for me is there is no MSG HD. I probably would have switched already if they had it. I've had Time Warner Cable and Comcast, I think while Comcast has worse customer service I think they provide a better product then Time Warner Cable who just sucks all around. TWCs cable boxes are fvcking awful, and the navigation on the tv guide on screen sucks. The internet sucks, just about everything about TWC sucks. I need my HD though so I'm stuck with them.

Edited by Satans Hockey

Netflicks is actually working out well for us - we just hook the laptop up to the TV and we get HD unlimited streams of crazy TV shows, lame old movies - it's been a great cable alternative. Now I have to PM Amberite about center Ice via computer adn I'm all set without paying any more than the internet service for cable.

I really hopr they dont charge people for streaming like they want to now. They just want to fvck people coming and going. I get all kinds of Langenbrunnery about how corporate America is fvcking us. They dont give a damm because they'll just sell their sh!t to whatever company they've outsourced all their labor too since the US won't have any money.. and most saps still shell out HUGE money for what we should get for free -- most considering these luxuries absolute necessity.. It's very sad.

:rofl: I'm dying.