18% think Obama is a Muslim

squishyx

1 in 5 Americans and 1 in 3 Republicans are bat sh!t stupid when it comes to this issue and surprise surprise the conservatives on this board want to focus on Obama not covering his heart for the national anthem a year before he was even president.

Deflection much?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I read 1-5 somewhere

but since Obama is the topic this fits.

Obama-covers-his-nuts.jpg

If you are implying that this means he is Muslim then that is a logical fallacy. Non-sequitur I think it's called?

That's like me linking the image below and stating the same thing. "Bush is holding his stomach, how unamerican to tell us you are hungry instead of holding your hand over your heart! He's probably a Muslim!"

Bush_Hand.jpg

Can we stop the poor arguments?

Edited by mrthemike

if he was white, hed be a footnote in history as the losing candidate.

If he was white he would have won with bigger margins and no one would be questioning his citizenship or his religious faith. People on the right would still hate him of course as would people on the left hate a republican.

I admit we strayed ot but I stand fully by my statement ...

"I cant and wont give him a pass since he is so adamant to comply with other nations' customs such as his ridiculous bowing to any world leader."

But holding hands is cool? The double standards over trite and frivolous issues are ridiculous.

Edited by squishyx

wrong. 95 percent of blacks voted for him. no white candidate has ever had that percentage of black vote and never will. blacks havent been that united in a cause since the civil rights movement.

Open a damn history book. I am so sick of this revisionist crap

2008 - Obama receives 95%

2004 - Kerry receives 88% src

2000 - Gores receives 90% src

for fvcks sake Johnson got 94% in 1964!!

Black_Vote_Pres.jpg

Look at those trends.

At best Obama got an "extra" 5% of the black vote because he was black. 16 million blacks voted in 2008, that means at best Obama got 800,000 votes he otherwise wouldn't have gotten. How many millions of racist Americans do you think didn't vote for him or let race become a tipping factor? Subjective statement sure, but I would venture an estimate of at least a couple million (which is only 1 or 2% of the 130 million who voted).

We could sit here and debate whether or not he net benefited (from a vote total perspective) from being black; but the idea that he would have lost if he was white is just so outrageous. He won by 8 million votes!

Edited by squishyx

But holding hands is cool? The double standards over trite and frivolous issues are ridiculous.

I dont think its frivolous to the millions of americans who have died to defend their country .. I think its a slap in their face.. and to adamantly adhere to other's traditions while dismissing your own, I think shows lack of character and conviction... no matter what president engages in the practice.

I dont think its frivolous to the millions of americans who have died to defend their country .. I think its a slap in their face.. and to adamantly adhere to other's traditions while dismissing your own, I think shows lack of character and conviction... no matter what president engages in the practice.

He wasn't president.

You make it sound like he purposefully goes around spitting on the American flag while praising other nations. At one campaign stop during the primaries he didn't put his hand over his heart, and it was a mistake and he deserved (at the time) the get chided for it, he deserved to be heckled and to be questioned about it.

How many thousands of times since has he put his hand over his heart, saluted the American flag, recited the pledge etc etc and you are sitting their judging the entire mans patriotism over one incident 3 years ago.

I said this about Bush (on these very forums) and I will say the same thing about Obama, you don't run for president, go through the hassle, deal with the long campaigns, have your loved ones stalked and scrutinized without having a very deep and genuine love for your country. You can disagree with the man, and certainly this president has plenty of faults to disagree with him on, but the audacity to challenge the presidents patriotism on cherry picked events is baffling to me.

He wasn't president.

You make it sound like he purposefully goes around spitting on the American flag while praising other nations. At one campaign stop during the primaries he didn't put his hand over his heart, and it was a mistake and he deserved (at the time) the get chided for it, he deserved to be heckled and to be questioned about it.

How many thousands of times since has he put his hand over his heart, saluted the American flag, recited the pledge etc etc and you are sitting their judging the entire mans patriotism over one incident 3 years ago.

I said this about Bush (on these very forums) and I will say the same thing about Obama, you don't run for president, go through the hassle, deal with the long campaigns, have your loved ones stalked and scrutinized without having a very deep and genuine love for your country. You can disagree with the man, and certainly this president has plenty of faults to disagree with him on, but the audacity to challenge the presidents patriotism on cherry picked events is baffling to me.

This.

+1

He wasn't president.

more so squishx .. if you pretend to be elected the leader of a nation, then you will have to do the "inconvenient' things on your way there, because you will be called upon it.

So lets just say you give him a pass and I dont ... in my eyes he's a fraud and in yours a superstar ... its ok lets leave it at that

He wasn't president.

He was a public official right? Same rules apply. He represented Americans then just like he does now. I expect our public officials to respect the flag that represents the people which voted him into office. Take away all the left and right bullsh!t and you are left with that.

The reason Bush is holding his hand over his stomach is because that’s where he thinks his heart is actually located!

The reason Obama isn’t putting his hand over his heart is in case someone with the same intelligence level as Bush tries to assassinate him, that way he isn't giving away where his heart is and will probably just get shot in the stomach, or in the case of the picture in question, twice in the balls. :whistling:

He was a public official right? Same rules apply. He represented Americans then just like he does now. I expect our public officials to respect the flag that represents the people which voted him into office. Take away all the left and right bullsh!t and you are left with that.

Look, it was mentioned I think 3 times in this thread that he was a president who didn't address the flag properly and I am just clearing up fact from fiction because it seems to me that by letting these little nuances go we are aonly furthering a false narrative.

In principle I agree with your statement (as I have said). He was a Senator at the time and even regardless of that he is an American citizen and that alone means he should cover his heart (just like *all* Americans should at any venue). It was a Homer Simpson moment and one which he took and deserved the flak he got for it. If you get a speeding ticket and pay your fine, you aren't a criminal for the rest of your life, you paid your dues. That's why I think this is frivolous because you are judging the man based on one isolated event.

For what it's worth this is what he said about the event (and yes he was singing if you watch the video):

"My grandfather taught me how to say the Pledge of Allegiance when I was 2," Obama said at campaign stop in Burlington, Iowa. "During the Pledge of Allegiance you put your hand over your heart. During the national anthem you sing."

Obama is clearly wrong (from a technical POV); flag code states all members of the military salute the flag and all civilians cover their heart with their right hand. But it hardly makes it malicious in it's intent. He was mistaken, it doesn't mean he isn't a patriot or that he was trying to disrespect the flag.

"Senator Obama's attackers are peddling lies and smears because they disagree with his strong opposition to the war in Iraq and the rush to war in Iran," wrote Richard Danzig, secretary of the Navy under President Clinton, and retired Gens. Merrill "Tony" McPeak and J. Scott Gration. "We have served this nation for decades, and we know a true patriot when we see one. Barack Obama is a patriot."

When I read the article, or a similar one, last week it also noted how Americans were poor in all areas of American history, both current and past, including things like naming their senators, officials in the white house, etc. It wouldn't surprise me that a significant amount of Americans think Obama is a muslim because, from their news sources, at some point he was referred to as a muslim. And I don't think 10% of the US could tell you Bush's religion without guessing.

As a democrat, if your upset that Americans or republican Americans think Obama is a muslim then you shouldn't put up a candidate that has muslim ties and to some extent looks like a muslim. It's not like Americans are getting any smarter or more informed.

All I am going to say is that if the national Republican Party gets dominated by the far right wing, it will be as successful as the NJ Republican Party in senatorial elections. The last NJ Republican candidate to win was Clifford Case, and he was a "Rockefeller Republican".

All I am going to say is that if the national Republican Party gets dominated by the far right wing, it will be as successful as the NJ Republican Party in senatorial elections. The last NJ Republican candidate to win was Clifford Case, and he was a "Rockefeller Republican".

.............as opposed the the national Democrat Party nominating the single most radical left winger out there two years ago?

Talk about programmed.............you gals are simply brainwashed.

The esteemed 154 days of experience Senator was the leading lib there. His voting record spoke for itself...........(he had to actually vote instead of "Present" when he was in Illinois)

TOKYO – A key figure in Japan's ruling party dubbed Americans "simple-minded" in a speech to fellow lawmakers Wednesday.

It was not clear what prompted the remarks by Democratic Party heavyweight Ichiro Ozawa at a political seminar, in which he otherwise paid tribute to Americans' commitment to democracy, saying it was something Japan should learn from.

"I like Americans, but they are somewhat monocellular," the former Democratic Party leader said. "When I talk with Americans, I often wonder why they are so simple-minded."

Ozawa didn't elaborate on what aspect of Americans made him compare them monocellular organisms, a term also used to mean shortsighted or dumb.

TOKYO – A key figure in Japan's ruling party dubbed Americans "simple-minded" in a speech to fellow lawmakers Wednesday.

It was not clear what prompted the remarks by Democratic Party heavyweight Ichiro Ozawa at a political seminar, in which he otherwise paid tribute to Americans' commitment to democracy, saying it was something Japan should learn from.

"I like Americans, but they are somewhat monocellular," the former Democratic Party leader said. "When I talk with Americans, I often wonder why they are so simple-minded."

Ozawa didn't elaborate on what aspect of Americans made him compare them monocellular organisms, a term also used to mean shortsighted or dumb.

He described you to a 'T'. Nice job.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.